Tech brehs, is the job market actually terrible or is it just leveling out/cutting filler rn?

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
I feel it was just a lil over saturated for a minute

I remember starting college and people were deadass entering the industry, no degree, no boot camp, base code knowledge, maybe 1 project and they’d be able to swing a internship into a entry level position

That doesn’t look like a move at all anymore though :whoo:

I always felt like there were too many people and too many jobs and it wasn’t sustainable at that level for a long period of time. Just like every industry there’s a boom and it evens out. I personally think that’s where tech is right now :manny:

Layoffs suck I know and finding a job is hard but it’s and industry like every other

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The H1B limit will be raised as part of comprehensive immigration reform. Tech salaries will definitely crater 30-40%. If you're new to the field or just starting out your screwed.
:mjlol:
You better find something else to do and pronto.
:pachaha:
You've been warned.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
from my understanding its real bad, try to navigate the many minefields at yo job.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Socialize the loses and privatize the profits.

These companies are cheating by importing workers. There’s more than enough qualified people locally to fill these jobs. It’s really a race to the bottom at this point when you’re allowed to pick workers from poor countries.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Just depends on the field. I see a lot of jobs for Network Engineers, Cyber, Data Center engineering etc. Anything AI related is doing well. Everything else depends on location.

But in terms of just going to a boot camp and getting in idk if its that easy now.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just depends on the field. I see a lot of jobs for Network Engineers, Cyber, Data Center engineering etc. Anything AI related is doing well. Everything else depends on location.

But in terms of just going to a boot camp and getting in idk if its that easy now.

It's a lot of fake job postings. Tech Market is horrible right now.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
It will eventually level out. Job markets always do. I can't imagine getting into tech without even a bootcamp. We used to study C for fun back in school. :flabbynsick: shyt looked complicated as hell. Probably easier languages nowadays.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Total jobs and hiring rate have just gone down to pre-covid levels
It's not as bad as 2008 and no where as bad as 2000 (yet)
we got used to ultra high growth pace in hiring and now that it's basically impossible to get offers from places like Google and very hard to get one from places like Comcast or CapitalOne ppl are saying the market is horrible. This used to be normal during the 2010s when those type of jobs were dream jobs and alot of SWE were just taking jobs at no name companies in bland corporate office parks

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of folks put out fillers to collect applications but they never was serious about hiring anybody
My last company was Fortune 500. But would routinely hire people to complete projects nobody internally wanted to touch. Then make up an excuse to fire or layoff thevperson once all the heavy lifting was done. People would relocate for a role that was meant to only last a few years at most.
:francis:
Always check LinkedIn to see how long the last person stayed in a role.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
My last company was Fortune 500. But would routinely hire people to complete projects nobody internally wanted to touch. Then make up an excuse to fire or layoff thevperson once all the heavy lifting was done. People would relocate for a role that was meant to only last a few years at most.
:francis:
Always check LinkedIn to see how long the last person stayed in a role.
i worked for a company like that a few years byke. would hire ppl to do jobs no one wanted to do, let them go after a few months