Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
caught up over the last 2 days just in time for the last one. :wow:

HBO really got something with these limited crime series.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:merchant: bruh

that ending fukked me up for a couple of days. ole girl was too good at that role, like brought me to chills

and all the subtle hints they were dropping were perfect timed/placed.
Oh yeah, that was a wild finale. I’m on a rewatch right now and it got the small town claustrophobia nailed down to like how it was in the novel.

What tier do y’all put this show in?
I’ve seen that there are quite a few podcasts about it and I’ve avoided reading through the thread to not have it spoiled.
Worth watching?
To me it’s up there with all the highly regarded miniseries HBO has dropped. There’s like 1 or 2 cool-down episodes, but the pilot sets the tone and the quality has stayed consistent throughout. There are lighthearted moments sprinkled in between with Mare’s family to create a balance for when the grim stuff comes in. You should definitely give it a watch when you can if you like a good, grounded whodunnit.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol damn at all the theories in here.

I don't get why the ex-boyfriend is running around pointing guns at people if he didn't do it. but I also don't understand what could have been written on that note/picture the other girl showed the cops that could be such a smoking gun that the ex-boyfriend did it, if it was something from her journal BEFORE she was murdered.

:mindblown:

show really got me intrigued :lupe:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I haven't anticipated a finale like this in a while...

K_lLJXy6KtM-lndd0Ygj6lyjkHwBmdOyzJdYYPvdIWUkB2tarvlvr819gRn-4Sa0rxZwNrYiYGFpNGyCMaD53ecr-ALgGWPz3HaQYg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh yeah, that was a wild finale. I’m on a rewatch right now and it got the small town claustrophobia nailed down to like how it was in the novel.

To me it’s up there with all the highly regarded miniseries HBO has dropped. There’s like 1 or 2 cool-down episodes, but the pilot sets the tone and the quality has stayed consistent throughout. There are lighthearted moments sprinkled in between with Mare’s family to create a balance for when the grim stuff comes in. You should definitely give it a watch when you can if you like a good, grounded whodunnit.
I think the finale will really either raise this up or take it down a notch but regardless it's worth a watch if they stick the landing it can be special. It's been a well done whodunnit.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i watched the first 6 episodes this weekend and while I could sit here and get in the "it was John, he's framing Billy, etc" theory stuff, the only thing i was thinking most of the 6 episodes was... "Why the fukk is Guy Pearce on this show?" i feel like Guy Pearce just being some rando failed writer who banged Mare and has been in about 14 minutes of the season is one of the bigger twists on the show.