Tariq Nasheed just called out "Hidden Figures" movie for ripping off Hidden Colors

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Reaching like a motherfukker... using that stupid ass logic, he ripped off all these movies:
lol chill. now this is a reach. u can at least see the connection between the message in hidden colors and hidden figures.
:dahell: those other movies got to do with anything..?
fact that shorty wrote a book of the same title should be enough to clear the story from any plagiarism - so yall got that.

but i gotta at least suspect that the success of things like hidden colors, re emergence of consciousness, popularity of movies like 12 yrs a slave, django, etc all play a part in them deciding to turn this into a movie right now. :dame:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Why even title it "hidden figures?"

You might as well call it BLACK WOMAN NASA or something.

Call it First Women to do Yadda. lol There don't utter the words Black in any of the marketing, only that they are women. Nothing wrong with that but lets not make this something its not.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Are y'all nikkas retarded? :what:
What the fukk does this movie about the Black women mathematicians of NASA, have to do with Nasheed's shoddy documentary series? :dwillhuh:
Its based off the book Hidden Figures that was written by a Black woman about these women :what:
She started writing the book before any of Hidden Colours movies were released :why:
the internetz is tellin me the book was published in 2016...:dame:
so you tryin to say that Nasheed knew she would title this book hidden figures (prior to its release) and jacked her title to make his own film series? :dame:

several conclusions can be drawn but im not gonna sit here and say it dont at least look funny style the similarities in titles and how nikkas wanna put out a movie NOW...as many untold stories as there probably are they decided to choose this one..?:dame:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Because that's the name of the book :dwillhuh:
lol chill. now this is a reach. u can at least see the connection between the message in hidden colors and hidden figures.
fact that shorty wrote a book of the same title should be enough to clear the story from any plagiarism - so yall got that.

but i gotta at least suspect that the success of things like hidden colors, re emergence of consciousness, popularity of movies like 12 yrs a slave, django, etc all play a part in them deciding to turn this into a movie right now. :dame:
I'd say it's more about the rise of the so-called "feminism" movement that's played into this movie being made. The author of the book's father worked for NASA and he would tell her about the women "computers" they used for the space program. She said that seeing black faces in engineering wasn't weird to her because most of her uncles were scientists and engineers like her father. She wanted to tell the story because she felt women in the science field didn't get their just dues.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nah, the biggest aspect of this becoming a movie now is because they gave Katherine Johnson (played by Taraji) the Presidential Medal of Freedom a year or two ago.
There was just a book written about the "women calculators" of the early space and weapons programs here in the US.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Are y'all nikkas retarded? :what:
What the fukk does this movie about the Black women mathematicians of NASA, have to do with Nasheed's shoddy documentary series? :dwillhuh:
Its based off the book Hidden Figures that was written by a Black woman about these women :what:
She started writing the book before any of Hidden Colours movies were released :why:
This thread is full of "hidden" learning disablities......
FOX took a book and made it a movie..I doubt any of them even heard about tariqs smart dumb nikkatry before he started agitating...that nikka is just reaching for free publicity.

THAT fukkING BOOK JUST CAME OUT THIS MONTH...

4 HIDDEN COLORS HAD BEEN RELEASED BEFORE THAT BOOK....

THE fukkING MOVIE TRAILER WAS RELEASED BEFORE THAT BOOK...

I CAN BET EVERYTHING
THAT WASNT THE ORIGINAL NAME OF THAT BOOK.

FOX MADE HER CHANGE THE TITLE TO MATCH UP WITH THEIR BULLshyt MOVIE TITLE.

THE MOVIE IS ABOUT SOME BLACK WOMEN WHO WORKED FOR NASA.

NAMING IT HIDDEN FIGURES MAKES NO fukkING SENSE AT ALL.

:devil:
:evil:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd say it's more about the rise of the so-called "feminism" movement that's played into this movie being made. The author of the book's father worked for NASA and he would tell her about the women "computers" they used for the space program. She said that seeing black faces in engineering wasn't weird to her because most of her uncles were scientists and engineers like her father. She wanted to tell the story because she felt women in the science field didn't get their just dues.
Women in science fields honestly don't, John Glenn became an astronaut not even having graduated college, meanwhile Katherine Johnson was drafted as a background mathematician even though she was a math genius and perfectly capable of being a part of the program.
shyt the first programmer was technically a woman :yeshrug:

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Nah, the biggest aspect of this becoming a movie now is because they gave Katherine Johnson (played by Taraji) the Presidential Medal of Freedom a year or two ago.
There was just a book written about the "women calculators" of the early space and weapons programs here in the US.
As a woman in engineering (and as the child of parents that made knowing about black history a significant part of our education), I knew about Katherine Johnson - and the other human computers - a long time ago.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

THAT fukkING BOOK JUST CAME OUT THIS MONTH...

4 HIDDEN COLORS HAD BEEN RELEASED BEFORE THAT BOOK....

THE fukkING MOVIE TRAILER WAS RELEASED BEFORE THAT BOOK...

I CAN BET EVERYTHING
THAT WASNT THE ORIGINAL NAME OF THAT BOOK.

FOX MADE HER CHANGE THE TITLE TO MATCH UP WITH THEIR BULLshyt MOVIE TITLE.

THE MOVIE IS ABOUT SOME BLACK WOMEN WHO WORKED FOR NASA.

NAMING IT HIDDEN FIGURES MAKES NO fukkING SENSE AT ALL.

She was a "hidden figure" in the success of the first space flight, along with numerous other women.
The book got started in 2010, Hidden Colors came out in 2011.
Literally no one outside of a small group of Afro-centric based thinkers, and some pseudo-intellectuals care about "Hidden Colors."
Tariq Nasheed has vastly overestimated his reach, and their popularity.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Rusty Kuntz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Women in science fields honestly don't, John Glenn became an astronaut not even having graduated college, meanwhile Katherine Johnson was drafted as a background mathematician even though she was a math genius and perfectly capable of being a part of the program.
shyt the first programmer was technically a woman :yeshrug:
Oh, they definitely don't. They were mad grimy back in the day, cause they'd take the work that women would do and slap a man's name on it. shyt, look what happened with Rosalind Franklin and the DNA double helix stuff.

Even if the women complained or mentioned it, it was a he said/she said type of situation, and it usually didn't lend towards the woman's favor.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a woman in engineering (and as the child of parents that made knowing about black history a significant part of our education), I knew about Katherine Johnson - and the other human computers - a long time ago.
You'd think it would be common knowledge, but just like people think Henry T. Sampson invented the (edit: cell phone, not calculator) women pioneers in "men's spaces" are completely ignored :wow:
My moms an AKA and we've talked about her for years, same with Ellen Sirleaf :dame:

Last edited:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
dont have a problem with the movie and i'll probably end up watching it tbh... i dont think this will effect Hidden Colors at all

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
She was a "hidden figure" in the success of the first space flight, along with numerous other women.
The book got started in 2010, Hidden Colors came out in 2011.
Literally no one outside of a small group of Afro-centric based thinkers, and some pseudo-intellectuals care about "Hidden Colors."
Tariq Nasheed has vastly overestimated his reach, and their popularity.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN SHE CLAIMS SHE STARTED WRITING THE BOOK.

THAT shyt WASNT NAMED HIDDEN FIGURES UNTIL 2016.

HIDDEN COLORS 4 WAS THE NUMBER 1 DOCUMENTARY IN THE WORLD FOR MONTHS.
YOU SOUND LIKE A fukkING IDIOT.