Target Exercises and foods to minimize belly fat

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yea 1200 is terrible,gotta at least be 2220-2500 and that's the least

I agree that 1200 is crazy low....but 2500, for A LOT of people, isn't going to be a significant deficit. Depends on activity level, etc.

Basically, if you aren't tracking/weighing EVERYTHING YOU EAT, you won't ever know whether you're eating the right amount.

If you track everything for 2 weeks, and don't ever break 2000 cals/day, and you still aren't losing weight....then drop it to 1800 and do it again.

Daps
I agree that 1200 is crazy low....but 2500, for A LOT of people, isn't going to be a significant deficit. Depends on activity level, etc.

Basically, if you aren't tracking/weighing EVERYTHING YOU EAT, you won't ever know whether you're eating the right amount.

If you track everything for 2 weeks, and don't ever break 2000 cals/day, and you still aren't losing weight....then drop it to 1800 and do it again.

Naw I said 2220-2500 because I thought she was a dude.

But when I found out she was a lady I said 1800,but yea she better download myfitness pal and get busy

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is no food or exercise to specifically reduce bellyfat.

you said you are currently losing fat. in that case just keep at it and eventually your body will burn the belly fat.

i'd recommend lifting weights (compound exercises) and increasing the weight in small increments every session. then again, this is what i always suggest no matter what cause it's all i know, lol.

1200 cal seems low though. you won't have enough energy to exercise and maximize your performance. the whole thing about calories is that there is a sort of "sweet spot" type range but it could be different for everybody depending on your metabolism. but lifting and increasing the weight everytime forces your body to build more muscle (don't worry you won't look manly because your body doesn't produce as much testosterone as a man). the more muscle you have, the more fat gets burned while resting (plus the fat being burned because of the lifting itself). the more fat that gets burned the less options your body has and eventually it'll have to use the belly fat. the tricky part is to eat enough to have enough energy to lift because like others said, not eating enough will force your body to either hold on to the fat as a survival instinct or even burn muscle (which is counterproductive).

it gets complex if you start to overthink it. that's why i recommend to not worry too much about calories in the beginning (not saying you should overeat). lift regularly, cut off juice, soda and alcohol as much as possible, cut off processed food, all the frozen food, food that comes in a box, etc. reduce eating out as much as possible, increase fruits and veggies A LOT, increase water intake. follow these guidelines and just eat until you're not hungry (not until you feel completely full). also eat slower and chew your food properly. do all that and you'll be fine.

keeping it 100, 5'5 at 200-210 is pretty big but it's not to the point where you can't turn it around. it's about changing your whole lifestyle. at some point, going to the gym will be like cutting your nails or brushing your teeth. it'll be something you just have to do routinely or you don't feel right. same with eating right. it just stops being a chore. stay motivated, stay positive, forgive yourself, and if your will is to be healthier and have less bodyfat, impose your will on yourself. :salute:

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isnt it also a possibility that you have the kind of genetics where you will never lose that last bit of excess body fat around you stomach and hips despite all the dieting and exercise?

Or am I wrong? I clearly remember reading or maybe I heard it somewhere that some people just have that area(s) of their body where the excess body fat will never be burned off no matter how fit you get.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
One of the best tip you will get is remove estrogenic food from your diet and remove estrogen from your environment.