Taraji P Henson reveals she thought about killing herself during the pandemic

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously rich people can go through trauma but this article implies she was going to shoot herself due to the setbacks or lifestyle changes caused by the pandemic.
Of course folk are gonna feel a certain way when there's people who have lost their homes, business or family members and are soldiering through it and sees someone crying in a mansion. Granted we don't know the full story to make a fair judgement call:yeshrug:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
she hated social distancing that much? I mean guess it makes sense actually. she's an actress her life has been about getting attention from others and being social. from that perspective this pandemic has probably been the most challenging event of her life. be like a musician going deaf.

Yeah I thought this too when I first saw the post but then I had to check myself. She's a rich, black and well connected celebrity and a female at that. If she was truly THAT desperate to socialize and mingle there's been no shortage of opportunities for her to do so in the industry. Hollywood partying hasn't stopped, they mostly just got more discreet.

People act like Corona has had them literally locked in their homes for 9 months straight when that's far from the case. If she got to a point where she not only considered but went out and bought a gun for the purposes of blowing her brains out then trust and believe there's way more than Covid-fatigue at play.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I know nikkas that survived segregation and anti-Black violence in the South and succumbed to depression in their later years :francis:

When folks say events take a toll on you, it ain't a euphemism.

You are literally paying with your willpower and mental health.

Some folks have bigger reserves than others, but you only have so much :wow:

bewitched

Pro
Daps
Depression is a real and scary thing. I had my bouts with it throughout the year but it wasn't to the point of me wanting to commit suicide thankfully. I think the hardest thing for me especially is acknowledging that feeling depressed shouldn't be a normal occurrence and that there is someone out there who can empathize with how you feel. This reminds me to make a few appointments with my therapist to get through some issues I'm struggling with now.

I like to add that if Taraji had actually brought a gun to kill herself, she needs to check herself into a facility ASAP.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Depression is a real and scary thing. I had my bouts with it throughout the year but it wasn't to the point of me wanting to commit suicide thankfully. I think the hardest thing for me especially is acknowledging that feeling depressed shouldn't be a normal occurrence and that there is someone out there who can empathize with how you feel. This reminds me to make a few appointments with my therapist to get through some issues I'm struggling with now.

I like to add that if Taraji had actually brought a gun to kill herself, she needs to check herself into a facility ASAP.

Yeah she's sounding like Phyllis Hyman. I hope someone around her gets her some help before it gets too bad.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
What exactly is her issue tho? She can't go anywhere?Didn't she go on a girls trip for her 50th? Is she depressed because she can't pay bills? I'm sure her bank account is stacked. Is She depressed over a relationship. She's 50 she had plenty of break ups including her child's father . She's not depressed because she can't find acting jobs.Real depression is nothing to play with. What is it she wants?LOL she can hop on a dating app for a man,she still goes places,will have a job after pandemic. Maybe she should trade all that square feet in her mansion for a 1 bedroom and she would be alot more thankful .Stop feeling for these rich ass celebs.
Rich and wealthy people kills themselves all the time, do you and others on here value money so much that you think it solves everything and it turns you into a emotionless robot :mjlol: y’all nikkas got to be playing