Talking Sopranos

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Just finished the eps when Tony kills Ralphie followed by the Intervention episode. Wow, what a great back to back two eps. Season 4 is really good despite their not being any super heavy gangsta drama.
In the Intervention episode Ralphie has been missing for a couple to a few days tops and Albert "Alley Boy" Barese speculates very accurately that Tony killed Ralph over the dead horse. Not sure why he guessed that but he either put two and two together, Ralph goes missing the same day the horse dies or he knew something about the arson at the stables or something and figured Tony might have figure it out or something. Anyway, he tells Silvio and Patsy his theory. Silvio doesn't shyt on it or agree he kinda shrugs. Patsy totally agrees and Albert says it is up to guys like Silvio to enforce the rules of killing a made guy. Later in the ep, Johnny Sac confronts Tony about side real estate hustles he has that he isn't cutting NY in on that Paulie told him about. Tony said yer not getting anything and then later goes back to the Jersey Captains and tells them NY probably killed Ralphie. Paulie seemed skeptical since he is talking to Johnny Sac all the time. So it seems right away people in NJ at least think Tony did kill Ralphie but I guess since he is the boss no one is willing to do much about it in New Jersey at least.

you gotta be ready to take it there if you move against the boss, all the jersey guys probably figured they were happier breathing than joining Ralphie

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just watched "Fleshy Part of the Thigh" when Tony wakes up after being shot, Lord Jamaar is playing a fake 50 Cent who just got shot 7 times and Bobby Bakala shoots Treach for clout. One of my favorite eps ever shyt was fukkin' hilarious!
Paulie finding out his Aunt was really his ma was soo fukkin' funny! Paulie was barely holding it together after his Ma confirmed. He told father Phil fukk the Nuns! :mjlol: Tony would be talking to him and he was straight spaced out thinking deeply about his life. :russ: Then when that lady begged for the life of her son dude started fukking crying and had to leave the room! :deadmanny:

Lord Jamaar treating Treach like shyt was hilarious to. Jamaar yelling, "Yo hold it up niqqa!" regarding the satellite dish in front of a bunch of white people must have been embarrassing. Treach looked so pissed off. :mjlol:
Treach paying Bobby 7 Gs to shoot him was wild to.
I think David Chase really didn't like 50 Cent. This ep making light of rappers selling more after getting shot and I think in a later ep Chris matter of factly disses his movie to.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Michael Imperioli should have been such a bigger actor than he is cuz dude was fukking amazing on that show. I'm guessing his career probably fizzled after Sopranos cuz of typecasting and also he's not the most handsome guy and in the world but shyt he shoulda been in more mob stuff at least.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Michael Imperioli should have been such a bigger actor than he is cuz dude was fukking amazing on that show. I'm guessing his career probably fizzled after Sopranos cuz of typecasting and also he's not the most handsome guy and in the world but shyt he shoulda been in more mob stuff at least.
Watching Talking Sopranos I'm getting the impression being 'big' is not at all important to him. He just likes to work on things he finds interesting. It could be an indie movie no one will really see and he would be into it. He pops his head up in the mainstream it seems just for the check, but he doesn't seem interested in being a movie star. He has intimated he gets offered mob stuff a lot after the Sopranos but turns a lot of it down cause he doesn't like the character/project.
But you are right, on this rewatch I'm realizing Christopher is a major fukk up, so I was initially scratching my head why he was my favorite character. And yeah I realized it's Micheal Imperioli I like, he is a great actor who made a scumbag fukk up actually relatable.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He is a totally different person from Christopher character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just watched Season 6A episode 12 called Kaisha. I don't know what was going on with me around the time this and the final 9 eps aired but I barely remember this. Like I said previously, I was a bit in my feelings about how popular this show was and all the awards it was winning while The Wire wasn't getting shyt so maybe I unconsciously was checked out cause I watched all these eps when they aired but looking at previews for the final 9 I don't remember a lot of those eps either.
But watching it last night it really showed how much of a tragedy this show is. Christopher is hooking up with that real estate agent Tony was going to smang but was loyal to Carmela for once and stopped himself. They do a brief montage of how they are getting stupid high and just kicking it, watching this and knowing how much of a risk Chris is taking here it actually gave me anxiety. To knowingly risk death like this is some morbid shyt I really can't relate to. And then the Christmas party final scene usually when they end seasons like this with a gathering of a lot of the cast it has kinda of a feel good mood to it. This however totally did not. Even the lighting of the house was very dark. Now thinking about the conclusion and what happens to many characters this show is really an epic tragedy and an extremely slow unraveling of a bunch of lives. For a show that was this popular to be so morbid is really kinda ill. People generally like feel good stuff, but this is the opposite and was still a television phenomenon. :ehh:

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
The feds play a tape for Tony of his mother and uncle junior commiserating
he says "you wired Green Grove"
fed says something along the lines of "they said it was be a waste of money"

she says "my cousin cakey after he had his lobotomy looked exactly like my son"

she says this as they were waiting outside in line at a movie theater

so they wired a place his mother would be at for a few minutes?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The feds play a tape for Tony of his mother and uncle junior commiserating
he says "you wired Green Grove"
fed says something along the lines of "they said it was be a waste of money"

she says "my cousin cakey after he had his lobotomy looked exactly like my son"

she says this as they were waiting outside in line at a movie theater

so they wired a place his mother would be at for a few minutes?
There's a fed standing behind them, in fact the same waiter who was taking pictures at Junior's inauguration when they were blasting Xzibit.

They weren't tracking Livia (even though Green Grove was wired), but they were damn sure following Jr around.

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
There's a fed standing behind them, in fact the same waiter who was taking pictures at Junior's inauguration when they were blasting Xzibit.

They weren't tracking Livia (even though Green Grove was wired), but they were damn sure following Jr around.

:ohhh: