Talking Sopranos

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished season 3. I gotta say the Jackie Jr. storyline was weak, it was like a replay of Matthew Belevacua story line accept he was close to all the gangsters due to who his Dad was. Also, the actor who played Jackie Jr. was pretty wack. Funny line about him, when Meadow caught him cheating and her college friends are trying to console her one of them says, "He was a real drip." lol I had to look the insult up it means dummy who also is very boring. Describes Jackie Jr. to a T.
What they should have done is hired a better actor and combined the Belevacua/Jackie Jr. storylines somehow. Make his relationship with Meadow and the Sopranos deeper. That way his death would have way more impact.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What should of happened is that Meadow should of discovered they had him killed.
She seems to suspect as much but she to displays a level of loyalty to her Dad and 'this thing of ours' he is apart of. When Jackie Jr's sister says he was most likely killed by someone in see-thru socks to Meadow and her cousin not really apart of the subculture Meadow forcefully says it's not true, lies that their Dads only brush up against organized crime and then admonishes her for saying such things in front of people not from their world. She then sees a psychiatrist when she is thinking about dropping out, she kinda confirms her Dad is in the mob, Jackie Jr's Dad was as well and then backtracks saying Jackie Aprile was only a lone shark and there is no such thing as the mafia. Also, whenever she makes a snide comment about Tony being a mobster and he then directly confronts her she backs down. Has happened a few times.
But I hear you, what if Vito straight up got knocked for killing Jackie Jr. would she remain loyal? While rewatching I'm thinking the show may have had a couple of plot points planned that they changed due to the show's popularity. A) I always thought the end game of the show was Tony turning informant, that never happens and I think it didn't because he was soo popular as a mobster's mobster. B) Meadow eventually committing suicide, I remember a critic floating this idea and it made sense at the time but again they chickened out because weirdly the Sopranos became a 'feel good' show.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
She seems to suspect as much but she to displays a level of loyalty to her Dad and 'this thing of ours' he is apart of. When Jackie Jr's sister says he was most likely killed by someone in see-thru socks to Meadow and her cousin not really apart of the subculture Meadow forcefully says it's not true, lies that their Dads only brush up against organized crime and then admonishes her for saying such things in front of people not from their world. She then sees a psychiatrist when she is thinking about dropping out, she kinda confirms her Dad is in the mob, Jackie Jr's Dad was as well and then backtracks saying Jackie Aprile was only a lone shark and there is no such thing as the mafia. Also, whenever she makes a snide comment about Tony being a mobster and he then directly confronts her she backs down. Has happened a few times.
But I hear you, what if Vito straight up got knocked for killing Jackie Jr. would she remain loyal? While rewatching I'm thinking the show may have had a couple of plot points planned that they changed due to the show's popularity. A) I always thought the end game of the show was Tony turning informant, that never happens and I think it didn't because he was soo popular as a mobster's mobster. B) Meadow eventually committing suicide, I remember a critic floating this idea and it made sense at the time but again they chickened out because weirdly the Sopranos became a 'feel good' show.
I would rather Meadow catch Tony red handed and turn on him outright than the suicide...shyt, that would make her weaker than AJ.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yeah, so Tony orders a hit on him no problem and Janice merks him and Tony and the crew who are aware seem not too worried about any repercussions. Doing a rewatch and I'm only on season 2 but if I recall when Tony killed Ralphie he was really worried people would find out he killed a made guy.

Ralphie was making serious bread for New York and New Jersey, it would be extremely noticable and problematic if people knew what happened. Richie Aprile seemed to be tolerated and not liked so it was no problem

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just watched the ep when Ralphie was cheating on Roe with Janice but he finally breaks it off with Roe and wants to be with Janice full time. Bobby Bakala's wife dies and then Janice starts feeling him. Her therapist tells her to break up with Ralphie as honestly and straight forward as possible. Instead when Ralphie comes over with the last of his stuff she fukkin' just pushes him down a flight if stairs. :russ:
I was crying, I don't even remember them together the first go round.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ralphie was making serious bread for New York and New Jersey, it would be extremely noticable and problematic if people knew what happened. Richie Aprile seemed to be tolerated and not liked so it was no problem
Just finished the eps when Tony kills Ralphie followed by the Intervention episode. Wow, what a great back to back two eps. Season 4 is really good despite their not being any super heavy gangsta drama.
In the Intervention episode Ralphie has been missing for a couple to a few days tops and Albert "Alley Boy" Barese speculates very accurately that Tony killed Ralph over the dead horse. Not sure why he guessed that but he either put two and two together, Ralph goes missing the same day the horse dies or he knew something about the arson at the stables or something and figured Tony might have figure it out or something. Anyway, he tells Silvio and Patsy his theory. Silvio doesn't shyt on it or agree he kinda shrugs. Patsy totally agrees and Albert says it is up to guys like Silvio to enforce the rules of killing a made guy. Later in the ep, Johnny Sac confronts Tony about side real estate hustles he has that he isn't cutting NY in on that Paulie told him about. Tony said yer not getting anything and then later goes back to the Jersey Captains and tells them NY probably killed Ralphie. Paulie seemed skeptical since he is talking to Johnny Sac all the time. So it seems right away people in NJ at least think Tony did kill Ralphie but I guess since he is the boss no one is willing to do much about it in New Jersey at least.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Also, Tony was really dyckriding Ralphie in hindsight and was a real dyck to him in his final days. Ralphie buys a horse, Tony takes a liking to the horse and the action of horse racing and Bogart's in and the horse becomes their horse. Later, Ralphie brings his new girl around and Tony bags her. Then Ralphie's kid almost dies due to the bow and arrow accident. While Ralphie is really depressed and sad about his ailing son. Tony tells him he is banging his girlfriend. What a dyck! That probably helped along Ralphie's idea to kill the horse on some "Fukk Tony!" shyt. AND Ralphie was right to kill the horse to get the insurance money since the horse was always getting hurt and Tony killed him on some love of animals shyt.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Also, Tony was really dyckriding Ralphie in hindsight and was a real dyck to him in his final days. Ralphie buys a horse, Tony takes a liking to the horse and the action of horse racing and Bogart's in and the horse becomes their horse. Later, Ralphie brings his new girl around and Tony bags her. Then Ralphie's kid almost dies due to the bow and arrow accident. While Ralphie is really depressed and sad about his ailing son. Tony tells him he is banging his girlfriend. What a dyck! That probably helped along Ralphie's idea to kill the horse on some "Fukk Tony!" shyt. AND Ralphie was right to kill the horse to get the insurance money since the horse was always getting hurt and Tony killed him on some love of animals shyt.

Tony never got over Ralph killing that prostitute.

Doesn't he scream "she was a beautiful creature" when he's slamming his head to death? Could be about the horse (Tony being a sociopath) but imo it was a mixture of both. He also has a vision of that girl when he sees Meadow at one point, so we can assume he sees that more often.
When that NY mobster approaches Meadow in the final 9 Tony also goes apeshyt on him.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Tony never got over Ralph killing that prostitute.

Doesn't he scream "she was a beautiful creature" when he's slamming his head to death? Could be about the horse (Tony being a sociopath) but imo it was a mixture of both. He also has a vision of that girl when he sees Meadow at one point, so we can assume he sees that more often.
When that NY mobster approaches Meadow in the final 9 Tony also goes apeshyt on him.
Yeah, but I think the horse was the last straw. He went over there to find out if he started the fire or not, once Ralph basically admitted it he was done for.
Ralph was just generally not liked by anyone. But he was good at his job, a top fukkin' earner. It was an interesting dynamic, in a world of socio and psychopaths being competent but unlikable doesn't fly. lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When Tony was thinking twice about fukking Ralphie's girl ''I already took his horse :patrice:'' :dead:
:mjlol:
Also, a very small plot hole in the series. Tony does all this research on whether Raphie stuck his dyck in her. Janice saying he doesn't get off that way freed Tony in his mind to proceed with her. BUT when we first meet Ralph on the show he had apparently knocked up a stripper so he can get hard by vaginal intercourse. Tony forgot already or was he just that into Valentina?

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
Also, a very small plot hole in the series. Tony does all this research on whether Raphie stuck his dyck in her. Janice saying he doesn't get off that way freed Tony in his mind to proceed with her. BUT when we first meet Ralph on the show he had apparently knocked up a stripper so he can get hard by vaginal intercourse. Tony forgot already or was he just that into Valentina?
I took it as the guy he was fukking her wirh knocked her up