Talking Sopranos

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Checked this out while going along a rewatch. I notice they go off the rails a bit, but I appreciate the insight they bring when discussing episodes (especially Imperioli's) and am glad they took the time to actually make it happen.

Also, I'm convinced Robert Iller is AJ Soprano in real life. Complete prick.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Gotta question for the Sopranos' experts. Was Richie Aprile a made guy? Just curious cause he dies and no one seems to give a fukk after the fact.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Higher than that..i thought he was a captain..he was the Boss' brother.
Yeah, so Tony orders a hit on him no problem and Janice merks him and Tony and the crew who are aware seem not too worried about any repercussions. Doing a rewatch and I'm only on season 2 but if I recall when Tony killed Ralphie he was really worried people would find out he killed a made guy.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didn't know they had a video version, but i've been following along on the audio version.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Gotta question for the Sopranos' experts. Was Richie Aprile a made guy? Just curious cause he dies and no one seems to give a fukk after the fact.

He was but he was under Uncle Jr's wing, and Jr pretty much gave Tony the green light anyway. Richie was done the moment he told Jr that he couldn't get any backing to take out Tony. Him disappearing could be construed as Tony acting in self-defense.

The difference with Ralph is that:

1. Ralphie was part of Tony's crew, and Tony needs his guys to be loyal which doesn't help if they think he'll just kill them over "a whore".

2. at this point Ralph also had good connections with NY, Johnny Sacks pretty much backs Ralphie after Tony punched him in the face and mediates the conflict.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He was but he was under Uncle Jr's wing, and Jr pretty much gave Tony the green light anyway. Richie was done the moment he told Jr that he couldn't get any backing to take out Tony. Him disappearing could be construed as Tony acting in self-defense.

The difference with Ralph is that:

1. Ralphie was part of Tony's crew, and Tony needs his guys to be loyal which doesn't help if they think he'll just kill them over "a whore".

2. at this point Ralph also had good connections with NY, Johnny Sacks pretty much backs Ralphie after Tony punched him in the face and mediates the conflict.
Hmm . . . yeah that's it. Uncle Jr. telling Tony about Richie's plan was the green light. Thanks.
lol @ "A whore". Ralphie's pronunciation of that was a highlight of the show.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah, so Tony orders a hit on him no problem and Janice merks him and Tony and the crew who are aware seem not too worried about any repercussions. Doing a rewatch and I'm only on season 2 but if I recall when Tony killed Ralphie he was really worried people would find out he killed a made guy.
They created that snitching cover story..created one for Ralph too. shyt, they couldnt even be real about nothing ass Jackie Jr...i really wanted Meadow to 100% hear him admit to killing either Jackie Jr or her learning they got rid of Adriana.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I've been meaning to do a sopranos rewatch :ehh:now the question is do we listen to the podcast before or after its respective episodes.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

Tony had a cover-up story, he tried to tell it to Chris “whoever did this....” and Chris doesn’t buy it, but helps Tony dispose of the body.

Other guys don’t seem to buy it, there’s that one scene here where they talk about it.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He was Definitely a made guy. Nobody cared when he died because like Junior told Bobby no one really liked or respected Richie. Plus Tony put out the cover story that he was a snitch and Joined the Witness Protection Program giving people even less reason to care about his whereabouts.

the only person who actually liked him was Janice and she shot him and had to leave town.m

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Tony had a cover-up story, he tried to tell it to Chris “whoever did this....” and Chris doesn’t buy it, but helps Tony dispose of the body.

Other guys don’t seem to buy it, there’s that one scene here where they talk about it.

Yeah, just weird in contrast no one cared about Richie disappearing.