Take T.R.O.Y. out the Picture The Main Ingredient > Mecca and the Soul Brother

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Mecca and the Soul Brother had some tracks on there. Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y) Lots of Lovin, Straighten It Out, and few other tracks were dope. Me personally I always liked the Main Ingredient more.The production on the Main Ingredient was smooth. Love that album. In the House, Caramel City, Searching, Check It Out, Take You There, The Main Ingredient, Escape, All the Places, and a few others off that album. Playing "Searching" cruising through the city at night time :win: Cl Smooth's delivery and flow on this album was :ohmy:

Did anybody else on here messed with the INI album? Pete Rock sampling Fela Kuti on Grown Man Sport :yes:. Production on this album by PR was dope.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The standouts are better on Mecca but Ingredients' production is just so lush and beautiful.

Mecca is a little rawer, it has the classic horn samples, banging drums while CL's rapping is a bit more aggressive.

While Ingredient is just smooth as fukk. Silky basslines, hypnotic keyboards, small little details in the beats.

They're two different albums but I listen to Ingredient a lot more.

THE K-MAN

DA ROC BOYS
Daps
Reppin
Screwston (Houston),Texas..KCFWH!
Mecca is a little rawer, it has the classic horn samples, banging drums while CL's rapping is a bit more aggressive.

While Ingredient is just smooth as fukk. Silky basslines, hypnotic keyboards, small little details in the beats.

Agree 100%

thats why im more of fan of Mecca cause of the rawness of the production and the mc

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
I dunno if I can agree, but The Main Ingredient is certainly under-appreciated in general. Some of Pete's best work.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Sonically, they are 2 different albums. Main Ingredient is a laid back album with more lavish (and you could argue better) production. But Mecca and The Soul Brother is the pure definition of a "truck thumpin" type of album. That joint came out in the summer of 92, and I remember nikkas riding around in the jeeps with the big sound system blasting songs like "Skinz", "The Basement", "For Pete's Sake", "Straighten It Out". And them songs use to ring off hard! So I think Main Ingredient is a better album to zone out too. But Mecca and The Soul Brother had more bangers that had the streets buzzin.