Do you support Bernie Sanders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
The "racial fukkery" i've seen Sanders supporters get into is far from an indictment on the entire base

If its an indictment on Trump, it is on Sanders as well.
it's more convenient to promote it as so as if Clinton supporters are any better
No one ever said they were, this is a strawman.
And if you mean the criticisms against BLM, plenty of black people criticized them as well
Populism fallacy.
there was literally no reason for them to do such a risky attack against Bernie
Plenty of reasons, including his biggest online support venues being actively hostile to black people.
those girls were blatant race baiters
c00n statement.
because of that some of that rhetoric has been transmitted to Bernie himself.
Because he sees any policies addressing the injustice that was targeted towards black people as "decisive".
And Bernie has to appeal to ALL voters, so of course there are going to be voters in his cause who are probably racists or clueless people screaming "#alllivesmatter" and making clueless remarks about race, what is he supposed to do about it?
Do something revolutionary like call them out. Maybe live up to that revolutionary title he likes to strut around.
It's easier to stereotype his base as former ron paul supporting white males
Because it is, and denying the fact is denying reality.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
:mjlol:

Let me know when White America gives a damn what you feel it should do or the looney idea it should consider our needs as a primary issue :russ:

That's whole point of the article you dumb fukking c00n. If you would read for once in your life and not just spew your preconcieved bullshyt all over a topic. fukk. Read the fukking article you illiterate jackass then come back and address me.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
That doesn't really answer the question of what Coates (or you) would have black voters do.

Sanders doesn't support reparations. Neither does Clinton or any other Democrat, and they're unlikely to change their position on that in the near future. So...we should just not vote for anybody and abstain from participating in the political process until the perfect candidate comes along? :jbhmm:

Ding, dumbass. And not even "wait" for anything in my opinion. when were you guys born that you you're not woke on this political theatrical charade? Yesterday?

Hillary Clinton has no interest in being labeled radical, left-wing, or even liberal. Thus announcing that Clinton doesn’t support reparations is akin to announcing that Ted Cruz doesn’t support a woman’s right to choose. The position is certainly wrong. But it is hardly a surprise, and doesn't run counter to the candidate’s chosen name.

the irony :dead:

Making these stupid quips and putting smilies everywhere doesn't make you clever.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
If its an indictment on Trump, it is on Sanders as well.

No one ever said they were, this is a strawman.

Populism fallacy.

Plenty of reasons, including his biggest online support venues being actively hostile to black people.

c00n statement.

Because he sees any policies addressing the injustice that was targeted towards black people as "decisive".

Do something revolutionary like call them out. Maybe live up to that revolutionary title he likes to strut around.

Because it is, and denying the fact is denying reality.
1)Trump is rallying racists for racist cause's, Bernie supporters said some things twitter activists were angry about and blew up with hashtags that damaged his reputation among people who hadn't even heard about him
2)On the sites I've been on, a large portion of the people saying this are black/white Hilary supporters trying to paint Bernie supporters as what I claimed which is where that came from, but yes that's not ALL of them
3)If you're trying to summarize those opinions/actions as white opinions/actions then i'll point out that's not the case
4)Race baiting is using race to draw out negative reactions, storming a rally isn't race baiting, posting a smug picture of yourself drinking water with white tears on your shirt is clearly purposely inflammatory and i'll call it race-baiting very day
5)No, there were no policy arguments people were basing that off of until that reparations article so that's clearly not the case
6)He say's the buzzword #Blacklivesmatter (and i'm calling it that because getting someone to say it doesn't mean they actually believe it, like Hillary who said Allivesmatter the first time she was asked) plenty of time so they know where he stands
7)No it isn't, Bernie has liberal supporters in spades who wouldn't have dreamed about voting for Ron Paul and he has a ton of support from millennial women, it's not true at all, the only reason why people can get awy with saying that is because he's a "fringe" candidate and therefore he's gained support from some Ron Paul supporters, he wouldn't be getting anywhere NEAR the number he's getting if that was the truth

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't really see Coates' point here, since the idea of reparations isn't politically tenable and no mainstream politician is going to support it. Seems like he's just being a contrarian.

What is he suggesting that black voters do? Abstain from voting at all? Vote Green Party? Because I mean, if "support reparations" is a requirement to get the black vote then we won't be participating in elections anytime soon.
Coates in the last few months has been pissing me off...its like he's trying to justify his own existence.

His book was weak and outside of that famous piece on red-lining, I really gotta wonder if he just doesn't like hearing his own voice at this point.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
[QUOTE="Bugatti Biceps, post: 17417913, member: 25311"]Is it good if the issues that need fixing don't get fixed? White people have no problem instituting laws that target black people negatively that are popular yet morally wrong, but its "unpopular" to do the reverse even though its the morally right thing to do in order to fix the damage white people have done.[/QUOTE]

But if one candidate exacerbates the problem, isn't that worth debating? If I'm correct states institute Judical policy, however it's federally funded. If Hillary Clinton has taken money from the private prison industry, how would you expect her to combat the conservative leaning states expansion use of private prisons? Essentially we're now adding a second problem, when we really don't need it.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
[QUOTE="Bugatti Biceps, post: 17417913, member: 25311"]Is it good if the issues that need fixing don't get fixed? White people have no problem instituting laws that target black people negatively that are popular yet morally wrong, but its "unpopular" to do the reverse even though its the morally right thing to do in order to fix the damage white people have done.

But if one candidate exacerbates the problem, isn't that worth debating? If I'm correct states institute Judical policy, however it's federally funded. If Hillary Clinton has taken money from the private prison industry, how would you expect her to combat the conservative leaning states expansion use of private prisons? Essentially we're now adding a second problem, when we really don't need it.[/QUOTE]

Once again, who in the fukk in this article or the entire thread said fukk Sanders, support Clinton?

No one.

Please quit using this strawman.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
No it isn't. Coates "thing" is that America can be "reformed" if cacs would address it not "America must be abolished" :dead:

Coates is right.

He's attacking white liberalism and liberalism as a whole, not just Sanders.

he's saying if you aren't willing to address fundamental problems with the system white people created, he, and by extension, liberals, aren't any different from the other side. He doesn't make any other arguments besides that. He doesn't say "so we should do x, y, and z instead". Yall keep making shyt up and attributing it to him. He's saying "he's on that bullshyt, here's why."

Dassit.

That's how I know you didn't read shyt.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
No it isn't, Bernie has liberal supporters in spades who wouldn't have dreamed about voting for Ron Paul and he has a ton of support from millennial women, it's not true at all, the only reason why people can get awy with saying that is because he's a "fringe" candidate and therefore he's gained support from some Ron Paul supporters, he wouldn't be getting anywhere NEAR the number he's getting if that was the truth
Bernie's initial supporters came from places like Reddit which are hella hostile to black people and he has yet to check his supporters on their fukkery. He's putting votes over being right, which makes his a politician I shouldn't trust.

4)Race baiting is using race to draw out negative reactions, storming a rally isn't race baiting, posting a smug picture of yourself drinking water with white tears on your shirt is clearly purposely inflammatory and i'll call it race-baiting very day
Loving how you're taking this out of context and that it was a response to angry white racists trying to tear down the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag and got mad when Bernie said it instead of #AllLivesMatter like they hoped. fukk outta here with your cac support.