Ta-Nehisi Coates Deletes Twitter Account After Feud with Cornel West :snoop:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
West is nuts, but why did Coates bounce? I can't image West has stans bullying on his behalf...

Edit: Like the Bey-Hive:whoa:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
West was completely right that a lot of Coates's analysis of the issues is too superficial. Coates has basically admitted that he's a writer first and a thinker second, and a lot of time he's writing opinionated shyt that is primarily meant to sound pretty rather than encapsulate the full complexity of the truth.

But West got too personal with it, and Coates had plenty of good points too. It was a stupid beef where personalities got in the way too much. They're both bright, they're both concerned about the struggle, and they're both a little too focused on self-promotion and their own place in everything.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk if it's a bytch move or a smart move to get off twitter. on one hand i don't really blame anyone since twitter is filled with ignorant bots with shytty agendas. on the other hand you letting the other side declare victory and call you a bytch.

maybe he shouldn't have been public about it. that look at me i'm quitting shyt is always kind of a lame move imo. :patrice:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its worse cause his intersectional bullshyt gives cover to leftists who want to push that "white working class" bullshyt

Communism won't fix racism.

If theres paper to get, lets get it.

Like you :lolbron:

Also I hate it when people make it a point to dramatically delete their Twitter. It’s like the celebrity’s version of when someone on a random message board has one of those “I’m never coming back” posts...I read what they said back and forth and it wasn’t anything outside the bounds of typical philosophical disagreements between two intelligent people. He’s overreacting and it makes him look weak.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State