T/F D'Wade and Will Smith are the gold standard in black parenting

Is letting them do what they do good parenting?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 47 94.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
when your kids grow up millionaires and they don't have to deal with regular brutal life that the rest of society deals with.
Jaden left school to become “a student of life” came back all gay and fugazi. Far as I know, he doesn’t have a job or anything just walking around with no pants on.

I don’t think they doing that in Harlem.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
A parents societal job is to prepare their kids to be a productive member of that society. Teach them how to provide for themselves and raise the next generation. These dudes kids are set for life so they're just letting them be and do whatever they want. They don't have to learn how to hold a job or maintain a home. They live fantasy lives. And I'm guessing that family wealth won't be around in 2 generations either.

jwall123

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Baudimore
Nah…at least for me.

irs cool to respect and listen to your kids but, I’m sorry, I see nothing wrong with a little discipline and order/structure.

no way I’m letting this world, or country, raise my kids…I’m teaching morals, values, respect, and ethics that work in this house and in the world. I’m not naive enough to think they won’t learn and be influenced from the outside world…but the foundation comes from me/us…and I’d want them to pass that down to theirs

This... Kids do not have enough lived history to make major decisions on their own. And if they decide to do research to gain some history, it is coming form this fukked up world in which we live. I'll let my kid let me know what he wants for dinner, the color shirt he wants to wear for the day, etc. Not letting my kids succumb to the practices and policies of the world.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I don’t think it’s as deep as everyone trying to make it seem lol.

I’m sure they mean “free” as in style, being able to express themselves, not having to be uniform etc. There’s nothing wrong with that. Also, Will’s kids didn’t start being extra until they were adults. They were considered “normal” when they were kids.

I don’t agree with dwade raising his son as a girl tho. But that’s a whole different topic.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
c12bea1e99861dd3fa2584cd93ded279.jpg

72369_v9_ba.jpg

fukk all that other shyt.