Albums SZA - SOS (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Her self loathing shyt is tired and played
She got all this surgery and still got low self esteem
Just saw some of her Hot 97 interview and the self loathing was nauseating. It's been 5 years and none of the media training stuck, feels back to square one. I imagine a lot of chicks fukk with that stuff and like the "honesty" but jeez. You're about to release an album after 5 years and not only are you saying you didn't want to release it (contradicting what you said this summer), you don't sound enthused. How this plays out in terms of touring and other shyt will be interesting because it really doesn't sound like she's in a good head space.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
She got thick as hell :wow: We'll see how the music sounds like
I really hope that isn’t a reflection of where her image/sound is going. The optics got me worried: Take 5 years to drop then come back trying to look like all the build a bodies

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Just saw some of her Hot 97 interview and the self loathing was nauseating. It's been 5 years and none of the media training stuck, feels back to square one. I imagine a lot of chicks fukk with that stuff and like the "honesty" but jeez. You're about to release an album after 5 years and not only are you saying you didn't want to release it (contradicting what you said this summer), you don't sound enthused. How this plays out in terms of touring and other shyt will be interesting because it really doesn't sound like she's in a good head space.

I don't listen to her music, but I know enough about her to say that she's most likely going to go full Lauryn Hill after this album comes out and she does the tour. I just see her releasing singles and doing features. She's probably going to take years to make another album, if she ever does make another one.

Kuma the Bear

The Ultimate King of Iron Fist
Daps
Reppin
Mishima Industries
I'm on my first run through since the album is out in my country and it's kinda mid so far. The album sounds like a mish mash collection of everything she's recorded over the years rather than a full-fleshed out, cohesive project like CTRL.

If you think Nobody Gets Me sounds like a romantic comedy song, wait till you hear F2F :mjlol:. It's not a bad song but it reminds me of those early to mid 00's cheesy pop rock songs a la Avril Lavigne.

Daps
yeah i figured it's her thing. it's clearly not inconspicuous... she's not going for the natural look lol. she's been known to get playful with the makeups

she's dropping makeup products! whew my radars :whew: people are stuck on average joe point of views and forget that these people are literally walking commodities. they aint supposed to look like the girls yall pull :dead:

Last edited:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
F2F the type of song that plays at the beginning of a Disney Channel Original Movie.. where each of the main characters getting ready for first period and the camera pans out to the entire building

Now I’m ovaluating & I need raw sex.. knowing you’re going to block me tomorrow can you still come geeeeeeet me

women birds are INSANE :mjlol: :laff: