Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Man I saw this thread earlier before and I actually had a few points defending AEW(not in terms of diversity but the writing part)

Also this kind of ties in with the whole diversity thing though. Having a diverse pool of writers is good for Black wrestlers. Black wrestlers really can't get away with being a mediocre/bland white man or white woman. They will get shytted on in the business. They really can't be themselves and have to find solutions to be over with the 70% cac demographic in order to stay relevant. This is not just a pro wrestling thing though, Black people always gotta work x100 extra to be in a white owned space.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Ricky Starks or Powerhouse Hobbs should be holding the TNT title right now.

Hobbs should have been the person to beat Miro in September instead of Sammy.
Yeah, Hobbs is the only black talent that should be in a better position than he is. Him and Miro woulda had a good match.

Jade still needs seasoning. PP are solid, but there’a like 3-4 tag teams with more momentum than them (I might even put the Acclaimed before them). Jay Lethal is already lost in the shuffle and he’s the best black talent besides Hobbs.

Fact is there’s just too many roster spots and it’s really making it harder for wrasslers, no matter the color, to get shine.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Damn looks like I missed a lot in a few hours

I don't know everything that was said but the Tony Kahn tweet is so stupid,why even respond and the way he did it he's gotta be a fukkin idiot

His interviews and tweets are gonna be the downfall of AEW

@Max. gonna have fun in this thread

:wow:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Show me where Swole implied TK was racist.

Swole noted that a lack of diversity and representation -- specifically for the black community -- in terms of who AEW prominently featured played a part in her decision to want to leave. She said didn't even realize she felt the way she did until her daughter basically noted that she had started to prefer WWE because Bianca and Lashley were champions.

In today's culture and social media-drive world, what she said can be considered implied racism by the court of public opinion. To me, I think it was a misinformed opinion. At the very least, Tony took it as being implied racist, and as a minority himself, he clearly felt attacked.

Below is an excerpt of what she said:

"With promises you made to be diverse, I want to see that. Not just with black people. I would love to see a Latino or Hispanic or more Asians. I feel like Asians and Indians do not get the love."

Considering that Britt Baker is their first non-Asian/non-Brown women's champion, a black man was one half of their first tag team champions, a Latino was recently TNT champion, Latinos are the current tag team champions, and a black woman appears poised to become an inaugural champion, Tony probably had the :gucci: face on about it when this came out.

I'm not saying Tony is doing the best job, but to say AEW wasn't trying is off-base.

Last edited: