Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Araab Musik shouldn't be on this list at all.

Swizz Beatz is tough because you have to respect what he did at his peak while also acknowledging that his beats typically age like milk. You have to wonder as a fan why we loved his shyt so much. I look back and wonder why a beat like Money, Cash, Hoes was on some legendary shyt.

I prefer Harry Fraud beats over Swizz but Swizz was tied to a movement that had sentimental value to us (Ruff Ryders).

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Swizz should be 25, didn’t he get sued for using the same keyboard preset multiple times? I think they violated on purpose by putting araab next to him and harry fraud above him. Havoc ahead of rza looks funny in the light.

Old myth

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The list is dumb. Primo qualifies but Alchemist doesn't? Dumb.
I kinda get it though. Premo was tied to the sound in NY. Alc just did a lot of songs with Mobb Deep. Alc was just as tied to Dilated Peoples. Even We Gonna Make It was supposed to be a Ras Kass song.
Tip being ahead of Rza looks funny to me. I love tribe, but I can't put him ahead of Rza.
Q-Tip is one of those dudes where he has a lot of classic songs that people don't jump out and attribute to him.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Its hard to justify putting him higher because so many Hip Hop fans hated his sound. Everyone can more or less agree on the producers that are ranked higher.

He definitely had an amazing early run though. He abandoned his unique sound after the first few years. With his new beats I can never tell its one of his until I look at the credits.