Switching phone carriers is kinda like being a free agent

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I dumped my post paid account 5 years ago, haven't looked back since. Especially working from home where I don't need unlimited data cause 99% of the time I'm on wi-fi. It's been a blessing. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I'm paying $300 a year for phone service. and I still got unlimited data. the big 3 carriers are complete rip offs.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I'm paying $300 a year for phone service. and I still got unlimited data. the big 3 carriers are complete rip offs.
When you go in a Verizon store and see all the employees and the size of the store, you can see why you pay so much more. With T-Mobile there's almost never a need to go into the store, everything is done on the phone through India.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
When you go in a Verizon store and see all the employees and the size of the store, you can see why you pay so much more. With T-Mobile there's almost never a need to go into the store, everything is done on the phone through India.

I have visible, which is owned by verizon. they have no stores and none of the extra bullshyt. this is why the savings are passed on to me.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I just found out about them in April. I dual-simmed it for a month and found that everywhere I had service with Verizon, I had service with Visible. Everywhere I didn't was also the same. It's only been a few months on visible, but with 4 separate accounts (phones), I only pay $100 with taxes. I wish I would've known sooner.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just found out about them in April. I dual-simmed it for a month and found that everywhere I had service with Verizon, I had service with Visible. Everywhere I didn't was also the same. It's only been a few months on visible, but with 4 separate accounts (phones), I only pay $100 with taxes. I wish I would've known sooner.
better late than never :myman:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I have visible, which is owned by verizon. they have no stores and none of the extra bullshyt. this is why the savings are passed on to me.

Looking as visible now. This shyt really seems
too good to be true :gucci: We getting fukked out here. I have Verizon and my shyt is like 150 a month.

Did you buy a phone through visible or just transfer a paid off one to them?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Looking as visible now. This shyt really seems
too good to be true :gucci: We getting fukked out here. I have Verizon and my shyt is like 150 a month.

Did you buy a phone through visible or just transfer a paid off one to them?

my last 5 phones, I've owned outright, so I can't speak on transferring over a phone that's on a payment plan.

but ur currently paying $1800 a year for phone service, which is 6 times what I'm paying. it would likely be cheaper for u to pay off ur phone and come over to visible regardless.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I knew this would resonate :salute:
What happens if T-Mobile decides to throw in a used mattress to sweeten the deal
This legitimately caught me off guard, well timed Kev
why are ya'll paying so much for cell phone service? I've been paying $25 with taxes included for the last 4 years now for unlimited everything.
So that part...
I haven't checked out other plans in years. Got Tmobile which at the time I switched was far and away the cheapest major brand
Exact same position, but it's no longer true...
I dumped my post paid account 5 years ago, haven't looked back since. Especially working from home where I don't need unlimited data cause 99% of the time I'm on wi-fi. It's been a blessing. One of the best decisions I've ever made.
Same here, I been mostly home for the last 5yrs and my dumb ass paying just shy of $200 a month for two lines and two watches that are not even capable of service. Was told the service was free and I just pay off the watch monthly.
Every carrier offers 4 lines for $100 and most give you 4 phones with that offer. iPhone 15s (base model) T-Mobile will have a new deal next week. After the input from this thread. Consumer cellular is looking real good and after just doing research? It's the best of the lesser known companies service wise so damn. I'm about to start saving $130 a month :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Same here, I been mostly home for the last 5yrs and my dumb ass paying just shy of $200 a month for two lines and two watches that are not even capable of service. Was told the service was free and I just pay off the watch monthly.
That's how they tried to do my brother a while ago.
Told him the watch was like $30/month.
His bill broke down into: $10 for the line, $16 for the watch, and they threw in some bullsh*t extended warranty/insurance for like $4.99
You keep adding sh*t like this to your bill that sh*t turns into a monthly rent payment.
Ain't no way in hell I'm paying for service on a watch, that sh*t is basically useless.

My brother found out like 3 weeks later and said hell no, paid of the watch and cancelled the line, straight threw money at that problem to go away.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
That's how they tried to do my brother a while ago.
Told him the watch was like $30/month.
His bill broke down into: $10 for the line, $16 for the watch, and they threw in some bullsh*t extended warranty/insurance for like $4.99
You keep adding sh*t like this to your bill that sh*t turns into a monthly rent payment.
Ain't no way in hell I'm paying for service on a watch, that sh*t is basically useless.

My brother found out like 3 weeks later and said hell no, paid of the watch and cancelled the line, straight threw money at that problem to go away.
They had a promotion they said (they literally called me to ask if I wanted the offer) of a watch for only $5 a month plus taxes which will equal to 8-something a month. I got 3 at the time

Long story short, they saying now that I wasn't charged at all for 6 months, then was charged more than I should have for 25 months :dahell:

This what I know, they lying about not paying for 6 months. I got rid of the watches and they was still charging me for service that I never had. Nothing went towards the price of the watches is what they telling me which doesn't add up to me or them. So they was like we refunding for the watches. At this point, I just want the bread back and this thread has me feeling better about trying a lesser known company. So thank you all for your collective input

Hopefully Brandon Aiyuk can sign with Washington :shaq:

calh45

Cal
Daps
why are ya'll paying so much for cell phone service? I've been paying $25 with taxes included for the last 4 years now for unlimited everything.

Where is this? I'm paying for my mom's plan too and every 13 months she'll break her phone somehow so I'm on T-Mobile just because they make dealing with that shyt easier.