Switch Version of Minecraft is the Best Version Out

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Nintendo E3 2017: Minecraft On Switch Requires An Xbox Live Log-In

Minecraft is getting a big new update soon that unifies it across most platforms (except for PlayStation devices). As a result, Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch will be able to play with those on Xbox One or PC. One of the interesting consequences of this new, unified platform is that Nintendo Switch owners will have to log into Xbox Live to play the game online.

Head of Xbox confirmed the news today while speaking on the Giant Bomb E3 2017 live show. In a discussion about cross-platform play, Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann asked about logging in, and Spencer replied that it'll be the same system across all devices. "It's an Xbox Live account; that's our gaming social network," he said.

"We use Xbox Live as the way to make sure we know who our players are, controls around parental controls and other things that we put into our platform are there. And as you're buying things in Minecraft, you want to make sure you have them available on other platforms, so we have to know who you are. If you have a realm that you've created on the PC and you want to get to it on the Switch, we have to have an identity system and we just use Xbox Live."

Gerstmann also asked if players will be able to earn Achievements. "I don't know yet," he replied. "I'm guessing no. And this is a collaborative relationship between Nintendo and I; they don't have Achievements on their platform. If they want us to, I would love to be able to do it... The relationship with Nintendo is incredibly strong. We obviously did the Mario mash-up pack into Minecraft; that doesn't happen that often."

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Still haven't copped and I'm leaning towards waiting for the physical release so I can get the Best Buy GCU discount.
Minecraft is dope but I already have it across multiple platforms and I'm not dying to buy it again at the moment.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I need to see what this game looks like on switch and super duper graphics pack before i make my final decision cause this game is so got damn ugly.

This looks way better and tolerable

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I need to see what this game looks like on switch and super duper graphics pack before i make my final decision cause this game is so got damn ugly.

This looks way better and tolerable

Minecraft isn't a game anyone plays for the graphics breh.
If you can't get over the aesthetics then the game isn't for you.
I didn't understand the hype until I played it myself and understood the mechanics, and still, the game clearly isn't for everyone.
There are demos out there, hell, download a cracked version if you have to so you can spend some substantial time with the game and then buy the switch version if you like it. It's a digital box of legos. Nothing more, nothing less. You get what you put into it.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the core of Minecraft has never been about graphics. that being said, there's always been graphics mods to jazz it up

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
@Dre Space Age
Side note: How did you go from defending the switch version as the best version of the game, to finding every excuse to not even try the game itself out? :what:
I posted quotes of reviewers who said it was the best version out. I don't think i said that shyt myself. I can't defend that statement cause I wouldn't know.

I made the thread when i did a search and saw there wasn't a switch thread about minecraft. I had hoped by making the thread, switch players would talk about or show their experiences with the game which would maybe convince me to buy it. I wasn't interested in the game until i saw characters flying around in a multiplayer race.

But even so i was on the fence of buying

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sidenote: I'm currently at work playing the REAL "best version of mincecraft" via usb. :smugdraper:

TbwYJ4A.png

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nintendo E3 2017: Minecraft On Switch Requires An Xbox Live Log-In

Minecraft is getting a big new update soon that unifies it across most platforms (except for PlayStation devices). As a result, Minecraft players on Nintendo Switch will be able to play with those on Xbox One or PC. One of the interesting consequences of this new, unified platform is that Nintendo Switch owners will have to log into Xbox Live to play the game online.

Head of Xbox confirmed the news today while speaking on the Giant Bomb E3 2017 live show. In a discussion about cross-platform play, Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann asked about logging in, and Spencer replied that it'll be the same system across all devices. "It's an Xbox Live account; that's our gaming social network," he said.

"We use Xbox Live as the way to make sure we know who our players are, controls around parental controls and other things that we put into our platform are there. And as you're buying things in Minecraft, you want to make sure you have them available on other platforms, so we have to know who you are. If you have a realm that you've created on the PC and you want to get to it on the Switch, we have to have an identity system and we just use Xbox Live."

Gerstmann also asked if players will be able to earn Achievements. "I don't know yet," he replied. "I'm guessing no. And this is a collaborative relationship between Nintendo and I; they don't have Achievements on their platform. If they want us to, I would love to be able to do it... The relationship with Nintendo is incredibly strong. We obviously did the Mario mash-up pack into Minecraft; that doesn't happen that often."
:russ:YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spencer thinks he's slick on some Matrix shyt!

Dude is going to essentially have an endgame where a bunch of MSFT ips will be available on all available systems and that Xbox live log in is essentially going to turn nikkas PS4's and Switches into Xboxes.

Unbelievable but brilliant. :steviej:

Brehs will literally forget what the console wars are and log in on their Xbox gamertag and be like, "fukk Xdung...... but low key...MSFT is the best company to happen to gamers, though"

SItXUDl.gif

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Dude is going to essentially have an endgame where a bunch of MSFT ips will be available on all available systems and that Xbox live log in is essentially going to turn nikkas PS4's and Switches into Xboxes.

Brehs will literally forget what the console wars are and log in on their Xbox gamertag and be like, "fukk Xdung...... but low key...MSFT is the best company to happen to gamers, though"

SItXUDl.gif
LMFAO that's why Sony said hell naw.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

SItXUDl.gif
Look you can even see his endgame in the crossplay trailer where all devices connect to xbox

TXdDEpa.jpg

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Xbox with the brilliant moves. Cross play is something gamers have dreamt about since the 80's. Thank God for M$ for making this a reality. Hopefully, archaic companies like Sony will gracefully bow out of gaming so the industry can truly move forward.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Xbox with the brilliant moves. Cross play is something gamers have dreamt about since the 80's. Thank God for M$ for making this a reality. Hopefully, archaic companies like Sony will gracefully bow out of gaming so the industry can truly move forward.
we don't need a monopoly. gaming becomes stagnant then

its good that there are several systems and companies and not just one