Superman Reboot movie produced by JJ Abrams in the works with Coates writing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But even still, I'd be comfortable if he just wouldn't work on this altogether
Abrams' Bad Robot Productions has produced like the last 4 Mission Impossible movies and they were all good movies.
Like I said before as long as he's not directing then I have no issues with his involvement.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I assume this will be a one off/ different universe like Joker?

What is the point of reference for a black superman? is this just a race change or bringing an actual comic story of a black superman to film?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you need some star power for this. This off brand dude has 0.

Not really. Cavill was practically unknown by Americans when he was cast. Star power isn't as necessary now as it used be, especially when it comes to popular superhero IPs. If anything superhero films have taken D-C-B-list celebs and make them into global stars.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not really. Cavill was practically unknown by Americans when he was cast. Star power isn't as necessary now as it used be, especially when it comes to popular superhero IPs. If anything superhero films have taken D-C-B-list celebs and make them into global stars.
Yeah, did Cavill work as Superman or did it get mixed reviews, make Dr. Strange level box office? And now apparently he is being replaced. Hopefully, they don't make the same mistake twice.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Wouldnt be surprised if Coogler joins them

So, there's a chance that they could make some bank and make White nerds furious at the same time? :mjlol:

In :mjgrin:

If Superman is black, then they should ditch MBJ and go for someone like Abubakar Salim(Assassin's Creed Origins, Raised by Wolves):

Screenshot_2020-09-21-Abubakar-Salim-abzysalim-%E2%80%A2-Instagram-photos-and-videos-copy.jpg

With some gym work dude would be perfect.

Dude was great in 'Raised By Wolves' but personally I think there's a lot to be said for MBJ as Clark/Superman.

Sidenote: Never thought of it before, but the parallels between code switching and changing back and forward between Clark and Kal take on a different meaning with a Black lead.:ohhh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Coates' comic book/super-hero stuff has been hit and miss with me but the dude is legit talented and as long as Abrams isn't directing I have no complaints about his involvement either.

Now to see if they officially give Henry Cavill the boot and cast a new (black) Superman.
Hit and miss? You need to point me to the hits then because I found all of Coates' comics to be trash. The most interesting stuff he did was the intergalactic Wakanda storyline and even that fell off a cliff sooner than later.

I have no idea what to expect from a combination of his writing with the blandness of everything JJ Abrams touches (regardless of what some people may believe, if something that has his name attached to it was good it happened entirely by accident).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This ain't it, but it's rumors so :snooze:

Give Cavill the fukkin cape back and get MoS2 poppin.

They askin for :mjpls: if they go through with this.

A GOOD Static Shock script is way more valuable. Can eventually have Stat team up with Shazam and shyt. These dudes are imbeciles at times.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hit and miss? You need to point me to the hits then because I found all of Coates' comics to be trash. The most interesting stuff he did was the intergalactic Wakanda storyline and even that fell off a cliff sooner than later.

I have no idea what to expect from a combination of his writing with the blandness of everything JJ Abrams touches (regardless of what some people may believe, if something that has his name attached to it was good it happened entirely by accident).
I liked the beginning of Space Black Panther but agree it went off the rails after a while.
And I liked Black Panther & The Crew which is likely because it was only 6 issues before it got canceled.
It seems like Coates doesn't know when to say goodbye to a book so things start off well but then get progressively worse.