'Superman & Lois' TV Series in the Works at The CW

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Call me cynical, but I suspect Lana's family wasn't planned to be Mexican when they were originally cast.
This kind of seems like a retcon to make the show more diverse.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Call me cynical, but I suspect Lana's family wasn't planned to be Mexican when they were originally cast.
This kind of seems like a retcon to make the show more diverse.

really?

the daughter clearly looks Latina and the dad looks like he could be Mexican too

but yeah they never mentioned it, maybe they added it during the Covid break they had

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The girl who plays the daughter has Hispanic lineage, so that's probably why they added it in.
Exactly.
But back in the pilot it seemed like they were using her father to be the stereotypical representative of MAGA America... now he's calling his daughter "Mi Hija" and she's talking about her Abuela.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
really?

the daughter clearly looks Latina and the dad looks like he could be Mexican too

but yeah they never mentioned it, maybe they added it during the Covid break they had

Kyle, Sarah, and even Sophie are all played by Latinx actors and Lana's actress is of Moroccan descent. :mjgrin: Casting fukked up not making them a Latino family from the jump.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Kyle, Sarah, and even Sophie are all played by Latinx actors and Lana's actress is of Moroccan descent. :mjgrin: Casting fukked up not making them a Latino family from the jump.

Yeah, I looked it up after my post and realized that. You can apparently even argue that Emmanuelle Chriqui is descended from Hispanic Jews because she's Sephardic.
So I GUESS its possible they were always meant to be Mexican. If so, I give them credit for being so subtle about it that I didn't notice, instead of being obvious stereotypical Hispanic characters.
But I still think more likely that its a casting coincidence.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I wonder how they're going to wrap up the Steel sister storyline. Imagine seeing your dead brother, but from a different universe

I also wonder if he has a child on this earth

:jbhmm:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
My DVR picked this up as a new episode.
I started watching like "Wow...they sure are reusing a lot of the same flashback footage in this episode" .
Took me almost up to the first commercial break to realize it was a rerun :snoop: