'Superman & Lois' TV Series in the Works at The CW

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
A big part of why these CW shows fall off after 2 seasons is because DC used or still has something up with what characters and villains they can use. That fukked and Flash and Arrow the most because they basically ran out of interesting villains to use after their second seasons. Arrow got saved a little because it was so "grounded" that they made it work every other season or so past the 2nd one...but flash after s2 sucks man, trash. Id put the season where they blow up the island (s5? or 6?) of Arrow up there with the first two because they had a dope ass villain.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
A big part of why these CW shows fall off after 2 seasons is because DC used or still has something up with what characters and villains they can use. That fukked and Flash and Arrow the most because they basically ran out of interesting villains to use after their second seasons. Arrow got saved a little because it was so "grounded" that they made it work every other season or so past the 2nd one...but flash after s2 sucks man, trash. Id put the season where they blow up the island (s5? or 6?) of Arrow up there with the first two because they had a dope ass villain.

I mean going back to their original seasons, they all have a natural end point that they shoot past.

Once Ollie gets rescued, that’s the end of the series. Like he got off and it kept going.

Smallville was about teen Clark making the choice until it became about a dude who would not become Superman.

Flash’s first season was about the mystery of his mom’s murder. After that it was just a villain of the season arc. I actually thought they did a pretty good update of Mirror Master but that didn’t save the fact every season was just a different variation on speedsters.

Supergirl always sucked. They just didn’t want to step on Snyder’s Superman. There is definitely a way to tell a unique Supergirl story but Superman lite ain’t it.

Batwoman again. Legends is just random fun.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

They JUST filmed episode 15 last week? :what:The turnaround time between filming and airing is that fast?

Imagine if every CW show was this good

The first seasons are usually the best....:ld:

First season of arrow, flash, black lighting, legends of tomorrow, star girl were piff

folks forgot how dope arrow season 1 ws :noah:

Finally caught up with the latest episode.
While watching I figured out separates this from all the other "Arrowverse" shows and also other versions Superman TV shows:

A shorter season makes this more similar to the type of show you would see on a "streaming" platform than on broadcast TV.
So this show has basically no "filler" and no Monsters/Supevillains/"Meteor rock freaks"-Of-The-Week.

Basically every episode so far has been focused on either Morgan Edge's plot, or dealing with Steel's attempts to stop it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They JUST filmed episode 15 last week? :what:The turnaround time between filming and airing is that fast?

Tv episodes usually work on 7 day turnarounds. Covid makes it longer. By the time the finale airs in August it would be six weeks since filming.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Finally caught up with the latest episode.
While watching I figured out separates this from all the other "Arrowverse" shows and also other versions Superman TV shows:

A shorter season makes this more similar to the type of show you would see on a "streaming" platform than on broadcast TV.
So this show has basically no "filler" and no Monsters/Supevillains/"Meteor rock freaks"-Of-The-Week.

Basically every episode so far has been focused on either Morgan Edge's plot, or dealing with Steel's attempts to stop it.
Plus better writing and directing
The tone of most CW shows is corny and self referential

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Plus better writing and directing
The tone of most CW shows is corny and self referential

But that's thing people have pointed out in some of the messages I quoted above:
The writing in a lot of "Season 1" episodes of Arrowverse shows was actually pretty good. When "Arrow" first aired, the pilot was a huge shock compared to most other Superhero TV show that had aired up to that point. And I would imagine that a talented editor not afraid to ruthlessly delete a bunch of stuff would be able to cut up Season 1 of "The Flash" into something on the level of "The Boys". But if the expectation is that you need to fill in 23 episodes worth of content, there's probably going to be a bunch of ???-of-The-Week antagonists and other kinds of filler.

Superman and Lois has a much shorter season, so (so far) we're not seeing any one time "one off" metahumans disconnected from the main plot, etc.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
But that's thing people have pointed out in some of the messages I quoted above:
The writing in a lot of "Season 1" episodes of Arrowverse shows was actually pretty good. When "Arrow" first aired, the pilot was a huge shock compared to most other Superhero TV show that had aired up to that point. And I would imagine that a talented editor not afraid to ruthlessly delete a bunch of stuff would be able to cut up Season 1 of "The Flash" into something on the level of "The Boys". But if the expectation is that you need to fill in 23 episodes worth of content, there's probably going to be a bunch of ???-of-The-Week antagonists and other kinds of filler.

Superman and Lois has a much shorter season, so (so far) we're not seeing any one time "one off" metahumans disconnected from the main plot, etc.
Nah that shyt was average to subpar to me
Idc what they said
All shows aint created equal

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It never stops amusing me that this show basically seems like an alternate universe version of Invincible. A lot of the same story elements and characters are there in both shows, except with a different tone, rearranged, and sometimes reversed.

(Alien/human hybrid kid *suddenly* getting powers as a teenager, Superkids in high school wondering what to tell their girlfriends, hero works directly with one particular government agent who knows his identity, government agencies allied with the hero but secretly stockpiling anti-superhero weapons just in case, the threat of Earth invasion by forces allied with the hero's world, super hero being forced to choose between protecting humans and their own supremacist family, another "good" superhero who wants to expose the main hero as a threat to humanity, etc.)
Its all there in both shows. In the latest episode, Morgan practically did a version of "Think Clark! THINK!" to Clark about his human family. I guess the only thing we did not see yet on Superman was the young hero going off on his own to try to fight crime without permission and messing up...but you know that has to be coming eventually.

And a lot of the above stuff isn't even in most versions of Superman's origin story that I know of. I know the Superman story is over 80 years old, but if the show "Superman and Lois" had come out before Invincible, I would have sworn that Invincible was a dark parody of this particular version of Superman.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

CW has had plenty of shows that are 22 or 23 episodes that follow a single plot all the way through dynasty, the 100, the originals, the vampire diaries. The monsters of the week IS A CHOICE and nothing to do with the shortened season.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
CW has had plenty of shows that are 22 or 23 episodes that follow a single plot all the way through dynasty, the 100, the originals, the vampire diaries. The monsters of the week IS A CHOICE and nothing to do with the shortened season.

The 100 was actually 13-16 eps per season.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

There hasn't been an issue with using villains in these shows. Flash has had basically every member of Flash's Rogues on the show. And Arrow got to use half of the Batman villains plus the Green Arrow villains and even villains that really had nothing to do with Green Arrow in the comics.

The problem with these shows is that they all settled into that bullshyt "Team HERO" dynamic, kept trying to make the shows romantic dramas and kept hiring shytty writers or kept shytty writers around too long.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It never stops amusing me that this show basically seems like an alternate universe version of Invincible. A lot of the same story elements and characters are there in both shows, except with a different tone, rearranged, and sometimes reversed.

(Alien/human hybrid kid *suddenly* getting powers as a teenager, Superkids in high school wondering what to tell their girlfriends, hero works directly with one particular government agent who knows his identity, government agencies allied with the hero but secretly stockpiling anti-superhero weapons just in case, the threat of Earth invasion by forces allied with the hero's world, super hero being forced to choose between protecting humans and their own supremacist family, another "good" superhero who wants to expose the main hero as a threat to humanity, etc.)
Its all there in both shows. In the latest episode, Morgan practically did a version of "Think Clark! THINK!" to Clark about his human family. I guess the only thing we did not see yet on Superman was the young hero going off on his own to try to fight crime without permission and messing up...but you know that has to be coming eventually.

And a lot of the above stuff isn't even in most versions of Superman's origin story that I know of. I know the Superman story is over 80 years old, but if the show "Superman and Lois" had come out before Invincible, I would have sworn that Invincible was a dark parody of this particular version of Superman.
Have you ever read death of superman or injustice?