"Supergirl" TV show thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:dwillhuh: Is just me or did she become finer all of a sudden? I remember when they first released pics of her in the Supergirl costume we was clowning the da fukk outta her in this thread for being Basic AF.

@OG_StankBrefs
she always been hella cute to me (and im not even that fond of blondes) :manny: and the body was looking right in that first costume :takedat: plus u know she nasty cuz of them pics, prolly got a whole collection of sextapes in her house :steviej:....just coli "militants" with that basic bullshyt for every white chick :beli:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
:dwillhuh: Is just me or did she become finer all of a sudden? I remember when they first released pics of her in the Supergirl costume we was clowning the da fukk outta her in this thread for being Basic AF.

@OG_StankBrefs

Eehhhhh...She's still a bit bland to me, breh. :patrice:

Baby guh looks like ya average white chick you'd see shoppin at Bed, Bath & Beyond on a Saturday mornin or somethin.

Would I hit if it was dere or if she was throwin it at me...sure. But would I go outta mah way to holla...not really. :ld::manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
she always been hella cute to me (and im not even that fond of blondes) :manny: and the body was looking right in that first costume :takedat: plus u know she nasty cuz of them pics, prolly got a whole collection of sextapes in her house :steviej:....just coli "militants" with that basic bullshyt for every white chick :beli:
We watched the pilot and saw the light.
0xxaNZu.gif

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

It sucks that CW wasn't willing to take the gamble on Supergirl. I think this show will do well on CBS once Supergirl establishes it's own universe first, then we'll see some real interesting crossovers coming from this and the heroes over at CW.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Supergirl: First Look at Jenna Dewan Tatum as Lucy Lane

by James Hibberd | August 31 2015 — 1:01 PM EDT

lucy-lane.jpg

Supergirl fans, here’s the first photo plus some new details about the arrival of Lucy Lane.

Jenna Dewan Tatum (The Witches of East End,American Horror Story) plays Lois Lane’s younger sister in a recurring role on the highly anticipated news CBS drama series, joining several episodes into the show’s debut season this fall.

The character has previously been described as “strong, smart and successful in her own right. She’s got a history with Jimmy Olsen (Mehcad Brooks) and she’s come to town to right a previous wrong.”

Now, executive producer Ali Adler teases how Lane’s arrival will impact Kara Zor-El a.k.a. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist).

“We hope to explore the history that Lucy has with James Olsen — or, as Lucy knows him, Jimmy Olsen,” Adler tells EW. “I think we’re going to bring in her father. She not only plays a romantic foil with whatever Kara and James are brewing, but people will also be surprised that she’s really a woman’s woman. She and Kara develop their own friendship, too. We’re not just bringing her in to purposefully create tension. She serves a larger story drive.”

Supergirl brings the DC Comics character into the modern age with Kara leading a double life as a big-city personal assistant who secretly protects National City from alien fugitives who have escaped the Phantom Zone. Supergirltakes flight on Monday, Oct. 26 in a special 8:30 p.m. ET slot on CBS, then moves to its regular 8 p.m. ET slot the next week.

First Look: Lucy Lane on 'Supergirl'
"

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Supergirl: First Look at Jenna Dewan Tatum as Lucy Lane

by James Hibberd | August 31 2015 — 1:01 PM EDT

lucy-lane_612x380.jpg

Supergirl fans, here’s the first photo plus some new details about the arrival of Lucy Lane.

Jenna Dewan Tatum (The Witches of East End,American Horror Story) plays Lois Lane’s younger sister in a recurring role on the highly anticipated news CBS drama series, joining several episodes into the show’s debut season this fall.

The character has previously been described as “strong, smart and successful in her own right. She’s got a history with Jimmy Olsen (Mehcad Brooks) and she’s come to town to right a previous wrong.”

Now, executive producer Ali Adler teases how Lane’s arrival will impact Kara Zor-El a.k.a. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist).

“We hope to explore the history that Lucy has with James Olsen — or, as Lucy knows him, Jimmy Olsen,” Adler tells EW. “I think we’re going to bring in her father. She not only plays a romantic foil with whatever Kara and James are brewing, but people will also be surprised that she’s really a woman’s woman. She and Kara develop their own friendship, too. We’re not just bringing her in to purposefully create tension. She serves a larger story drive.”

Supergirl brings the DC Comics character into the modern age with Kara leading a double life as a big-city personal assistant who secretly protects National City from alien fugitives who have escaped the Phantom Zone. Supergirltakes flight on Monday, Oct. 26 in a special 8:30 p.m. ET slot on CBS, then moves to its regular 8 p.m. ET slot the next week.

First Look: Lucy Lane on 'Supergirl'
"

:whew: 2 PAWGs fighting over 1 Brotha on CBS of all networks......

:mjlol: This shyt finna get canceled so fast!!

@KingMalik @prophecypro @kingdarius @Emperor_ReinScarf @Bigbigguy @jayshiggs

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjlol: at them making him a brotha when he's white in the comics.

Anything for that liberal viewership. Shyt gonna get canceled faster than you can say Terra Nova.

:francis: This is why I wish it was on The CW.

dudes a pawg chaser in real life as well

:sas2: Funny the Black women gossip sites (i.e. LSA, Bossip, MTO, & etc.) swear he on that :wrist:.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Even if this does 3-5 million viewers CBS is gonna keep it running because its a superhero property and licensing, Netflix, international deals, blu ray box set potential is strong.

I will be shocked if this show gets canned in season 1. Come on, Agents of Shield and Agent Carter still got renewed with their numbers.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Even if this does 3-5 million viewers CBS is gonna keep it running because its a superhero property and licensing, Netflix, international deals, blu ray box set potential is strong.

I will be shocked if this show gets canned in season 1. Come on, Agents of Shield and Agent Carter still got renewed with their numbers.

:whoa: You're forgetting that "Supergirl" is a Warner Bros.-produced TV show. So CBS won't benefit from any of that. This is another reason this show would've been better of on The CW or even on TNT.

ABC, ABC Studios, Marvel Studios/Marvel Television are all corporate siblings owned by Disney so that's how it's able to work for "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." & "Agent Carter".

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:whoa: You're forgetting that "Supergirl" is a Warner Bros.-produced TV show. So CBS won't benefit from any of that. This is another reason this show would've been better of on The CW or even on TNT.

ABC, ABC Studios, Marvel Studios/Marvel Television are all corporate siblings owned by Disney so that's how it's able to work for "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." & "Agent Carter".

But there's tons of shows that are produced by a seperate studio and run on a different network and the network keeps it around for that reason. They still get a cut. Beauty and the Beast for example is a CBS production that does terrible on the CW but they keep it around cause CBS international sells it well and it does well overseas as well as on DVR and produces CW a cut revenue of half a mil per episode In fact that's the justification CW has for keeping all their shows despite them doing low ratings

Now I understand CW is a Warners/CBS joint venture anyway, niche network, knows its younger audience doenst watch live TV and CBS still operates like an old school network where ratings matter, plus this show might be far more expensive to make.... but the very fact they'e taken on the show knowing its youth skewing and fits the comic book genre which they dont really do normally tells you they're probably ready to get any revenue from this show even if its not ads/ratings. They're probably embracing the wave and the potential for how the show is draw out more revenue because they do see a cut of its Netflix/Blu Ray/International syndication sales/ Eventual domestic syndication run revenue.

To be honest I dont even need to think they need worry about all that, the name of the character is so mainstream and comics are in that its a pretty confident bet it will do ratings on a wider scale. Women alone will watch it.