Super Mario Bros. Wonder (October 20, 2023)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
People asking if this is a new game or not must be trolling.
This looks NOTHING like past Mario games. Graphics, animations, world themes, art style and music. This is EXACTLY what I wanted from a new Mario game. I was tired of the NSMB era.
Breh, there's like literally no less than...like...189....THOUSAND Mario games out there. I pretty much stopped keeping check of them at around 2002 (# of Mario games and the year as well), so I wouldn't be surprised if this was some revamped title from any Nintendo era with a fresh coat of paint. So outside of the number I just listed, I'm hardly trolling (especially since I lowballed the number).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, there's like literally no less than...like...189....THOUSAND Mario games out there. I pretty much stopped keeping check of them at around 2002 (# of Mario games and the year as well), so I wouldn't be surprised if this was some revamped title from any Nintendo era with a fresh coat of paint. So outside of the number I just listed, I'm hardly trolling (especially since I lowballed the number).
Yeah but the mainline sidescrollers are basically
Super Mario Bros, 2, 3, World, New Super Mario Bros DS(2007), NSMB Wii, NSMB2(3DS), NSMB U(Wii U) and NSMB U Deluxe(Switch). Basically, since the release of NSMB for the DS back in '07, Nintendo has been basically rehashing the same game over and over on multiple platforms. I don't count Mario Maker since those games just use the engine of the older games.

They were all pretty much the same minus some new levels and characters but mechanically they were almost indistinguishable to the average eye. All of those bolded look pretty much the same and sort of kept this one look/feel to all the games.

This is their imo first real new 2D Mario game.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah but the mainline sidescrollers are basically
Super Mario Bros, 2, 3, World, New Super Mario Bros DS(2007), NSMB Wii, NSMB2(3DS), NSMB U(Wii U) and NSMB U Deluxe(Switch). Basically, since the release of NSMB for the DS back in '07, Nintendo has been basically rehashing the same game over and over on multiple platforms. I don't count Mario Maker since those games just use the engine of the older games.

They were all pretty much the same minus some new levels and characters but mechanically they were almost indistinguishable to the average eye. All of those bolded look pretty much the same and sort of kept this one look/feel to all the games.

This is their imo first real new 2D Mario game.
Brehs gonna say its the same shyt. But lets be honest with 2d Mario you got a formula you can't mess up with. But this looks really interesting and fun. I really haven't care for the New Super Mario series outside of DS because of the reasons you said.

Day 1 for me.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Title is terrible but I always enjoy the NSB games even though they get hate online. This should be a good time

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I'm getting this. But on a side note, I was for sure Nintendo would announce Super Mario Odyssey 2 for a 2024 release. I guess they're gonna wait until the new console comes out to release it.