Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan šŸ‘‘šŸ„

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I don't know what these critics are thinking. Movie was enjoyable as hell. Kids loved it and it gave a bunch of fan service and Easter eggs to us old heads. Jack Black also killed it as Bowser. I hope a second one gets greenlit...

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what these critics are thinking. Movie was enjoyable as hell. Kids loved it and it gave a bunch of fan service and Easter eggs to us old heads. Jack Black also killed it as Bowser. I hope a second one gets greenlit...
too much money it's already made where it will not get greenlit lo

ThaBronxBully

Postinā€™ & Toastinā€™ Since 02ā€™
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
ā€œI was groundbreaking and then they stopped the groundbreaking. They messed up the inclusion. They dis-included. Just cast some Latin folk! Weā€™re 20% of the population. The largest people of color group and we are underrepresented.ā€

Leguizamo first spoke out against the new animated movie on Twitter last October, writing that a Mario movie reboot was a good idea but it was ā€œtoo bad they went all white! No Latinx in the leads! Groundbreaking color-blind casting in original! Plus Iā€™m the only one who knows how to make this movie work script-wise!ā€

Speaking to IndieWire in November, Leguizamo said ā€œThe Super Mario Bros. Movieā€ is ā€œbackwardsā€ for having two white actors voice Mario and Luigi.

ā€œIā€™m O.G. A lot of people love the original,ā€ Leguizamo said when asked for his thoughts on the Chris Pratt-starring new Mario movie. ā€œI did Comic-Con in New York and in Baltimore, and everyoneā€™s like, ā€˜No, no, we love the old one, the original.ā€™ Theyā€™re not feeling the new one.ā€™ Iā€™m not bitter. Itā€™s unfortunate.ā€

This Guy Is Fukking Delusional And Annoying

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
ā€œI was groundbreaking and then they stopped the groundbreaking. They messed up the inclusion. They dis-included. Just cast some Latin folk! Weā€™re 20% of the population. The largest people of color group and we are underrepresented.ā€

Leguizamo first spoke out against the new animated movie on Twitter last October, writing that a Mario movie reboot was a good idea but it was ā€œtoo bad they went all white! No Latinx in the leads! Groundbreaking color-blind casting in original! Plus Iā€™m the only one who knows how to make this movie work script-wise!ā€

Speaking to IndieWire in November, Leguizamo said ā€œThe Super Mario Bros. Movieā€ is ā€œbackwardsā€ for having two white actors voice Mario and Luigi.

ā€œIā€™m O.G. A lot of people love the original,ā€ Leguizamo said when asked for his thoughts on the Chris Pratt-starring new Mario movie. ā€œI did Comic-Con in New York and in Baltimore, and everyoneā€™s like, ā€˜No, no, we love the old one, the original.ā€™ Theyā€™re not feeling the new one.ā€™ Iā€™m not bitter. Itā€™s unfortunate.ā€

This Guy Is Fukking Delusional And Annoying
Leguizamo is sounding like the loathsome character he portrayed in The Menu. Casting was spot on. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Gave it ā­ā­ā­ on Letterboxd

It is exactly what you think it is. If you go in expecting UP, or SOUL, that is low key your fault. Nintendo has been about the kids since before 1985, has never changed and this is definitely a Nintendo movie. It's fun, definitely for 80s babies too, and was well executed. Every Easter egg, power up, game music, and character types are on point. Other than the super generic music drops it was well done. B.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

:lupe:

Over 30 Million on a Wednesday weekday? And we haven't hit the weekend yet. It's getting spooky. "Mario 93" made 38 Million total during it's whole run. I think Mario might F' around and win the whole damn year at the Box Office.

Easter long weekend boost too:blessed:
shyt doing a billy easy:banderas:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I predicted 1.5 global earlier this year. Idk if it does that but $1B is possible. When does it drop in Asia?
Elsewhere, The Super Mario Bros movie will release on a variety of April and May dates in territories in Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe, with the Japanese release set for April 28 to coincide with the Golden Week Holiday period.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
About to see this tomorrow. Definitely a long time coming for a Mario movie.