Super hero fatigue is real.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Especially post End Game, but especially post COVID. Studios and writers simply can’t rely on filler in between CGI fight sequences with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd act. Stories have to be unique. The bad guy has to win more, stakes have to be hire and so do the consequences. The world isn’t the same anymore. It’s harder to get excited for trailers when you already know the conclusion.

Speculation about whats going to happen is usually way off and the actual movie ends up being disappointing. :manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think it's mostly d list character fatique. marvel got cocky when guardians was a hit and now think any comicbook property can translate to sales.
Spiderman and Batmans recent film both did well and were well received. (stories weren't any better than any other super heroes despite what gunn is saying.)

shazam, black adam, antman and all these other side characters are the ones flopping.

as much as people like the say that the avengers a c list, individually they are, but they were also the first team up film of muliple solo characters.
Realistically, Marvel should build up hype again by focusing on either X-men, FF4, or make Daredevil and Spiderman their primary focus going forward.

Blue Beetle is going to flop hard, the marvels will flop too, madame web is going to flop, guadiarns 3 will show signs of diminishing returns but might do alright since its being marketed as the last gunn film. thunderbolts and cap 4 will both do antman 2 numbers.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The thing with superhero movies is mostly a issue with the plot. People are tired of the same corny cliches and obvious ending. Plus the God awful special effects and overkill budget for nothing.

On the real, I miss the old gritty takes on superhero movies like Watchmen, V For Vendetta, The Punisher, etc.

Hell, Sucker Punch was another good movie that sadly got overlooked.

People just tired of the same bland ass superhero flicks.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Exactly what I was about to say.

Make a movie with a GOOD story and people will flock.

shytty plot, with meh vfx and you get Shazam 2, Antman 3, etc.

I still don’t think Antman 3 or the last few movies been bad.

As I think there is a pretty decent scale now adays to assess the real bad from the great.

But I do think what homey said at the top is more of the issue

Speculation about whats going to happen is usually way off and the actual movie ends up being disappointing.

People see these trailers and start speculating all this shyt and start reading all these fake trailers and get their hopes so high up that it’s hard to reach. Then be disappointed when they are wrong or it don’t turn out how they wanted it to be. So then there is rage.

Not for nothing, there are more comedies, horrors, thrillers, and etc movies that drop every year but it’s crazy no one ever says there is fatigue with those.

Just a dumb excuse

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Didn’t watch the last Thor black panther or Dr strange

Seen all marvel movies in theaters up to end game
Black panther was a good movie. The only real issue is the plot really required it to be two parts.

I’m #marvelset for life. But they don’t do a good job connecting and fleshing out characters. Could’ve been a lot bigger, but they obviously don’t want Wakanda to be the focal point of the MCU.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still don’t think Antman 3 or the last few movies been bad.

As I think there is a pretty decent scale now adays to assess the real bad from the great.

But I do think what homey said at the top is more of the issue

People see these trailers and start speculating all this shyt and start reading all these fake trailers and get their hopes so high up that it’s hard to reach. Then be disappointed when they are wrong or it don’t turn out how they wanted it to be. So then there is rage.

Not for nothing, there are more comedies, horrors, thrillers, and etc movies that drop every year but it’s crazy no one ever says there is fatigue with those.

Just a dumb excuse

A good movie and story will sell regardless. It's definitely been a downward decline so the fatigue is real but primarily due to meh stories and effects.

Get good stories and memorable characters and all will be fine.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Black panther was a good movie. The only real issue is the plot really required it to be two parts.

I’m #marvelset for life. But they don’t do a good job connecting and fleshing out characters. Could’ve been a lot bigger, but they obviously don’t want Wakanda to be the focal point of the MCU.
shoulda recasted T'Challa.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The thing with superhero movies is mostly a issue with the plot. People are tired of the same corny cliches and obvious ending. Plus the God awful special effects and overkill budget for nothing.

On the real, I miss the old gritty takes on superhero movies like Watchmen, V For Vendetta, The Punisher, etc.

Hell, Sucker Punch was another good movie that sadly got overlooked.

People just tired of the same bland ass superhero flicks.
It still wouldn’t solve anything.

They should’ve been working on scripts and themes for Phase 4 before infinity war ever came out. Fantastic 4 drops in 2025, but the cast hasn’t even been picked and I doubt they are even done writing the script if they even started. So what you end up getting is a rush job. Then rewrites which throws up post production and VFX.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I fully agree on this part

but not this part

Since those genres tend to have more range. Horrors can be sometimes be samey depending on the type and who's making them, but comedies and thrillers can be worlds apart. If someone wasn't into superheroes, you'd know what they mean but if someone wasn't into comedies or thrillers, you find it a bit more surprising. Especially now that people have figured out how to strike gold with superhero movies they have a set formula. Some do stray like multiverse of madness but even still they only go so far out.