Sunset Overdrive | XB1/PC | Out Now

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i don't know if this has already turned to a war or not

i just saw the commercial for this game on tv

this is a blatant copy of infamous... tbh they only showed a part where this nikka was hovering down to the ground just like him... then shooting shyt just like him... then slide around on rails just like him

the way people kept talking about this game.. i thought it was about to be some epic type masterpiece

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i don't know if this has already turned to a war or not

i just saw the commercial for this game on tv

this is a blatant copy of infamous... tbh they only showed a part where this nikka was hovering down to the ground just like him... then shooting shyt just like him... then slide around on rails just like him

the way people kept talking about this game.. i thought it was about to be some epic type masterpiece
You don't hover in sunset overdrive. You don't shoot in infamous, and plenty of games have rail sliding.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You don't hover in sunset overdrive. You don't shoot in infamous, and plenty of games have rail sliding.
:yeshrug:

I'm really not trying to be an a$$hole. I didn't say it looked bad. I haven't looked at these videos and I had zero info on this game

I saw it on tv and that my was immediate thought. I've played every infamous and just finished the latest one about 3 weeks ago. The game is fresh in my mind

Soon as I thought that, I searched, found this thread and posted. Didn't even read any replies. I'm just now seeing people are saying the same thing

Truth be told I'd probably get it ((game fly) and play it through. It looks alright

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:yeshrug:

I'm really not trying to be an a$$hole. I didn't say it looked bad. I haven't looked at these videos and I had zero info on this game

I saw it on tv and that my was immediate thought. I've played every infamous and just finished the latest one about 3 weeks ago. The game is fresh in my mind

Soon as I thought that, I searched, found this thread and posted. Didn't even read any replies. I'm just now seeing people are saying the same thing

Truth be told I'd probably get it ((game fly) and play it through. It looks alright

Infamous is fresh on your mind, but if you pay attention to the videos/previews of sunset overdrive the games aren't very much alike at all. The only similarity is the rail sliding which had been done plenty of games, including Insomniacs own Ratchet and Clank series

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Infamous is fresh on your mind, but if you pay attention to the videos/previews of sunset overdrive the games aren't very much alike at all. The only similarity is the rail sliding which had been done plenty of games, including Insomniacs own Ratchet and Clank series
I knew I wasn't crazy. I just saw the commercial again during sons of anarchy.

"In the future an event happened that turned all the worlds humans to mutants"

That's exactly the same story as infamous. Then he proceeds to hover down to a building, hold his hands along it and then power smash to the ground.

Next clip is him sliding on rails shooting "mutants" Even the way he's talking is similar

So I go google "infamous sunset overdrive"

Apparently I'm not the only one. Not forum articles. Actual articles from sites and magazine questioning the same stuff, far back as March and April

Before you say oh they are minor. The question got raised so much that the makers of sunset overdrive got asked directly and had to make a statement on it

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/in...erdrive-comparison-flattering-insomniac-27463

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I knew I wasn't crazy. I just saw the commercial again during sons of anarchy.

"In the future an event happened that turned all the worlds humans to mutants"

That's exactly the same story as infamous.
:dahell: that's the same story as every other zombie/apocalypse game. Insomniac purposely made the game cliche in order to mock those games.

Then he proceeds to hover down to a building, hold his hands along it and then power smash to the ground.
There is no hovering in sunset overdrive, and there's a ground smash move in literally every 3rd person action game.

Next clip is him sliding on rails shooting "mutants" Even the way he's talking is similar
Watch the ratchet and clank clip in this thread

So I go google "infamous sunset overdrive"

Apparently I'm not the only one. Not forum articles. Actual articles from sites and magazine questioning the same stuff, far back as March and April

Before you say oh they are minor. The question got raised so much that the makers of sunset overdrive got asked directly and had to make a statement on it

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/in...erdrive-comparison-flattering-insomniac-27463

Infamous just came out recently a lot of people recently played it. Doesn't change the fact that the comparisons are off base.

And how could you post that story without taking note of Insomniacs own explanation of the game.

Beyond some surface similarities, Sunset Overdrive is its own unique experience. Movement through Sunset City is connected to the city itself – you’re grinding along handrails and telephone wires, bouncing off of cars and awnings, wall-running along skyscrapers, gliding across canals and rivers – and is inspired by anime movies and comic books as much as games like Tony Hawk, Jet Grind Radio, Prince of Persia, and our ownRatchet & Clank.

We also have a very strong emphasis on combat and gunplay and have created a large arsenal of the crazy weapons that can only come from Insomniac. The marriage of acrobatic capabilities and wild gunplay as you move through a colorful city full of mutants, along with our tone, sense of humor, and interest in "fun" over "realism" makes Sunset Overdrive stand on its own.

Does that sound like infamous to you?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
:dahell: that's the same story as every other zombie/apocalypse game. Insomniac purposely made the game cliche in order to mock those games.

There is no hovering in sunset overdrive, and there's a ground smash move in literally every 3rd person action game.

Watch the ratchet and clank clip in this thread

Infamous just came out recently a lot of people recently played it. Doesn't change the fact that the comparisons are off base.

And how could you post that story without taking note of Insomniacs own explanation of the game.

Does that sound like infamous to you?
His very first words are beyond some surface similarities......

So he admits there are some similar things, right off top, about these games. That's all I ever said. Mind you I'm only watching a 30 second tv spot. Not gameplay

It's one thing to say fukk no they are nowhere close. I'm saying yes they are. But I'll check out some gameplay vids now and see more in depth

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
His very first words are beyond some surface similarities......

So he admits there are some similar things, right off top, about these games. That's all I ever said. Mind you I'm only watching a 30 second tv spot. Not gameplay

It's one thing to say fukk no they are nowhere close. I'm saying yes they are. But I'll check out some gameplay vids now and see more in depth

Plenty of games are similar on the surface.

I said watch the videos and pay attention to the previews and you'll realize they are nothing alike.

There's traps, character customization, weapon crafting, stores to shop at, 8 player co-op, all things that make the game fundemental different than infamous. And that's even before you talk about the moment to moment gameplay.

This is the gist of sunset Overdrive. You're supposed to be doing combos and trying never to touch the ground while killing enemies, completing missions and traversing the environment. In infamous you pretty much have to stand on the ground to be effective in combat. This makes these to games VERY different, and is why the game has been compared to games like tony hawk and jet set radio.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Looks fun, then again I appreciate games that don't take themselves too seriously and ramp up the action. :manny:

more piff coming to X1 keep:feedme:us MS

They have a "Horde" mode, right? I can imagine the utter chaos created with some of these weapons. Them pop rockets. :banderas:

Reminds me of the ridiculousness in Dungeon Defenders.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Meach going into mach 5 hyper drive caping for this frankenstein trash game :heh:

We all know if this was on ps4 only hed be trashing it saying it looks like a shytty version of an infamous game.