• Summertime

• How’s it goin down

Results are only viewable after voting.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall fukking retarded as hell. Just because a song came out in summer doesnt make it a summer jam :mjlol:

Imgaine calling a song about a male side piece a summer jam :dead:

Whats next, livin la vida loca the next best summer song because that shyt was everywhere on radios in summmer of 99? :mjlol:

It doesn't have to be about summer to be a summer jam. Its merely songs that are played at summer functions or simply make you feel like its summer when you hear them because it takes you back to the summer it dropped.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Summertime. I never knew How it's going down was even considered a "summer" song. It's one of my favorite X songs but I'd never put that on a playlist for a summer function.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Summertime. I never knew How it's going down was even considered a "summer" song. It's one of my favorite X songs but I'd never put that on a playlist for a summer function.
Thank you. Im still figuring out how these nikkas are tying it as a summer song

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I never heard this being played

This is going to be the constant limitation with all these comparison threads. You're going to repeatedly run head first into the wall of trying to present national and internationally popular hits to people with terminally regional ears/tastes/biases.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dunno what area u live in but Feel Me Flow was/is a constant summer jam classic. Coli full of fukking unheard of shyt at times..
Ain’t nobody playing that shyt in 2024 in California. Hell 2014, nor 2004. Our whole classic style lends to summer vibes so no, that doesn’t make the cut. However X still does

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is going to be the constant limitation with all these comparison threads. You're going to repeatedly run head first into the wall of trying to present national and internationally popular hits to people with terminally regional ears/tastes/biases.
I meant past the year it dropped. And that’s why I picked songs I’ve heard played constantly thru the years on both coasts (never lived down south so can’t vouch for what they’re playing/not playing)

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
X’s song is forever associated with the summer, from it running summer 98, to the video being a whole summer vibe. The song doesn’t have to literally celebrate summer to be a summer song.

And Feel Me Flow gets no play around my way…that’s not a song I even hear at get togethers or bbq’s. Summertime and How’s It Going down still in rotation
I think it’s you who nostalgic about the song. I know out my way I never hear that song being played out my way. Feel Me flow you heard everywhere the summer of 95 and Loungin (Remix) the same for 1996. How’s it going down was hot at the time in 1998. It’s in no way comparable to summertime as far as rotation wise.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think it’s you who nostalgic about the song. I know out my way I never hear that song being played out my way. Feel Me flow you heard everywhere the summer of 95 and Loungin (Remix) the same for 1996. How’s it going down was hot at the time in 1998. It’s in no way comparable to summertime as far as rotation wise.
Nothing is, song been going 30+ years, but it’s up there. And it’s not just me, half the first page was nikkas thinking X was gonna wash summertime (and the first day of the poll it was), that song was and will always be a summer cut for a certain age range of people. Loungin didn’t carry forward past 96 (maybe it did for people who are a bit older than me…but again, I can easily be out at picnics and backyard bbq’s and not hear that). X’s song did because it was part of a meteoric run that put X on the map, he was him in 98.