Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id rather have that Tyrese

hell naw....not for that role....

if i got to pick: although stringer bell is made for the role, i'd have to go younger and i want the guy from leverage: aldis hodge....he has the look, is a good actor, and will be able to hold his own on screen with the others...the only concern i have about him is if he could be more serious, since the role would call for it...other than that, i think he'd kill it and steal the show, just like he did on leverage...

...and he from nc, so hell yea he gets my vote....

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
yea, you might be the only one lol.....seriously, more power to him for joining this cast, i just dont want him to be stewart...he's a hell of a rapper, but only an 'ok' actor at best to me, and i want a better than 'ok' actor to get this role....also, i'd rather see john with darker skin than common has....

Yup, acting aside.. Stewart is dark skinned, which is part of the reason why i was never that big on common or the rock playing him despite their campaigning.. even omari who i feel has that calm but intense 'look' nailed down wouldn't be someone i'd want over, say, Aldis, going strictly by appearance.

If they're keeping with the tall/imposing stature trend, I don't know where they're going to find a mainstream actor with that unless they go with another unknown.

The report from a week ago was that casting agencies are looking for someone to play John Stewart, so i'm starting to feel like they really don't know who to cast as him, celebrity or otherwise. Some say Idris is too old but he's the same age as Affleck (42) and we're likely to see GL on screen before the solo movie, i.e. in the Justice League films.. so i got no problem with those guys pulling a RDJ/Tony Stark, who just turned 50 this year.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about Nate Parker as John Stewart :patrice:

had to look up who that was lol....he'd be a good choice...has the look and good acting....

another cat i thought of, but i think he's too short is the guy from save the last dance and barbershop movies...he has the look and can act....but like i said, he's too short i think....

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
had to look up who that was lol....he'd be a good choice...has the look and good acting....

another cat i thought of, but i think he's too short is the guy from save the last dance and barbershop movies...he has the look and can act....but like i said, he's too short i think....

Nah he seems to nice to be John. Plus he's in his 40s as well.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he seems to nice to be John. Plus he's in his 40s as well.

how he is as a person means nothing...he's acted in roles where he needed to be serious, and he did a good job....that's all that matters...

as for age: that's the catch to john...he is older, so the actor that plays him cant look young as hell....i'm thinking someone in the late 20s to early 30s would work...

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Remy from House of Cards should be John Stewart

Mahershala+Ali+Netflix+House+Cards+New+York+gwpFaFydXtOl.jpg

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
:salute: to my African, common for getting a role. I'm always happy to see Chicagoan doing well. I can't remember the interview but in the past Common talked about how he had the role for Stewart but the movie fell through. I can't remember what movie it was for though.
Ok rumors are Bronze Tiger, Black Manta and Black Spider :patrice:

Now that i thought about, i don't want him as John, they should cast someone younger so by the time 2020 comes around dude's not :old:

Black Manta:krs:

Could we be close to seeing Aqualad da young gawd on the big screen:lupe:? I can't explain how excited I would be to see YJ Aqualad in one of these movies. Hopefully Aquaman does well.

SS is probably my most anticipated future superhero movie, :whoa: other than Spiderman of course. Spidey is an automatic midnight viewing for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Remy from House of Cards should be John Stewart

Mahershala+Ali+Netflix+House+Cards+New+York+gwpFaFydXtOl.jpg
That would be a really good bit of casting especially if they were to go for a John Stewart that has been out in the universe serving as a Green lantern for years already by the time he gets introduced to the rest of the Justice League.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:salute: to my African, common for getting a role. I'm always happy to see Chicagoan doing well. I can't remember the interview but in the past Common talked about how he had the role for Stewart but the movie fell through. I can't remember what movie it was for though.

Black Manta:krs:

Could we be close to seeing Aqualad da young gawd on the big screen:lupe:? I can't explain how excited I would be to see YJ Aqualad in one of these movies. Hopefully Aquaman does well.

SS is probably my most anticipated future superhero movie, :whoa: other than Spiderman of course. Spidey is an automatic midnight viewing for me.

It was the original justice league movie that was going down before the writers strike killed it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i was lookin at pics of that Cara D girl... am i the only one who thinks she's ugly as fukk?