Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finally saw the extended cut, unlike BvS it literally solved none of the problems that the movie had.

There's something dope and fun (mostly due to the actors) hidden behind a huge mess of shoddy editing and a terrible third act. I even think Enchantress as a villain could work they just went with a dumb ass storyline to give her.

I'll ride for MoS/BvS anyday I think those movies were brilliant, SS is barely OK - it's really saved because I'm a Fresh Prince stan and Margot is a perfect Harley Quinn.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Finally saw the extended cut, unlike BvS it literally solved none of the problems that the movie had.

There's something dope and fun (mostly due to the actors) hidden behind a huge mess of shoddy editing and a terrible third act. I even think Enchantress as a villain could work they just went with a dumb ass storyline to give her.

I'll ride for MoS/BvS anyday I think those movies were brilliant, SS is barely OK - it's really saved because I'm a Fresh Prince stan and Margot is a perfect Harley Quinn.
I prefer this to BvS because it is fun and not taking itself too serious.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I prefer this to BvS because it is fun and not taking itself too serious.

:yeshrug:

I'll take a Superman montage while politicians/scientists/etc dramatically discuss his effect on the world over fighting literally faceless hordes of enemies not once, not twice but three times while cracking jokes.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Hmm . . . I liked it better the first time when it was called Watchmen. lol
i wonder how the perception of this will change when people look back on Snyder's DC work. feel like there's gonna be a lot of retroactive fawning over it... then again, by then HBO or someone will probably make a better series from the source material

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i wonder how the perception of this will change when people look back on Snyder's DC work. feel like there's gonna be a lot of retroactive fawning over it... then again, by then HBO or someone will probably make a better series from the source material
In both cases his 3 hour plus versions are better (well so I heard, I have no interest in watching BvS extended cut), so when more die hard film fans go back and watch all four movies yeah I could see him getting some props.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide Squad Is Now an Oscar Winner

Suicide Squad Is Now an Oscar Winner
NEs7l8AAEDvxvy_1_b.jpg

To say the least, Suicide Squad wound up being a very divisive movie. At least among fans. The general consensus from critics was that the movie missed the mark, but that didn't stop the movie from finding a tremendous amount of success. Now, believe it or not, Suicide Squad can add Academy Award winner to its list of accomplishments.

Suicide Squad took home the Oscar for Makeup and Hairstyling at the 89th annual Academy Awards. Director David Ayer's movie about DC Comics' bad guys turned kind of good beat out A Man Called Love and Star Trek Beyond for the award. Alessandro Bertolazzi, Giorgio Gregorini and Christopher Nelson were on hand to accept that award during the ceremony and seemed quite thrilled to be bringing home the statue. Who could blame them? As filmmakers, bringing home an Oscar is one of the highest honors anyone can achieve, but many may still find it a bit odd to think of Suicide Squad as on Oscar-winning film.

That said, if there was anything worth awarding in Suicide Squad, it was probably the makeup and hairstyling. Still, it certainly won't sit well with many that Warner Bros. is now going to be able to say that Suicide Squad is officially an Academy Award winning movie. Director David Ayer was not in attendance at the ceremony, but he took to Twitter right after the win was announced and congratulated the team on their win.