Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Third favorite movie of the year behind Birth Of A Nation and Civil War...

Like someone else said earlier, the movie DEFINITELY has its pacing problems, the villain is straight ass, and the lack of Joker is unforgivable...but the movie has a certain charm to it, and what it gets right (Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Diablo, the a$$hole prison guard) it gets EXTEMELY right.

Soundtrack was dope too.

Somewhere, there is a very dope cut of this movie that we'll never see :mjcry:
man u must've seen a lot of shytty movies or dont watch much independent....the same year we got deadpool, the nice guys, jungle book, zootopia, 10 cloverfield lane, hell or high water, conjuring 2, neighbors 2, sausage party, kubo and the two strings, and hunt for the wilderpeople THIS movie got your 3rd spot....crazy

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
man u must've seen a lot of shytty movies or dont watch much independent....the same year we got deadpool, the nice guys, jungle book, zootopia, 10 cloverfield lane, hell or high water, conjuring 2, neighbors 2, sausage party, kubo and the two strings, and hunt for the wilderpeople THIS movie got your 3rd spot....crazy

Deadpool was good. But I will ALWAYS garner more enjoyment out of seeing an action movie with a black lead over another Cac.

Jungle Book was an ok remake of a animated classic. Nothing bad to say about it but it wasn't my favorite

Conjuring- Nah

Neighbors 2-:heh:

Sausage Party- Another overrated Seth Rogen movie.

10 Cloverfield Lane- Not my cup of tea. Wish it would've been a REAL sequel/prequel to the OG

Nice Guys- Another generic white guy cop buddy film.

Zootopia- This one I didn't see but I HIGHLY doubt it'd be a favorite

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
All your list does is prove that this has not been a good year for movies in general so dude having Suicide Squad on his favorites list is fine especially if your comeback includes fukking Sausage Party.

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
All your list does is prove that this has not been a good year for movies in general so dude having Suicide Squad on his favorites list is fine especially if your comeback includes fukking Sausage Party.
true it hasnt been a good year (super weak compared to last year) but i enjoyed all those movies more than this....the fact that deadpool isnt over it cuz the lead is white especially when the writing alone makes SS look trash by itself is just ridiculous...oh and i forgot to put queen of katwe on the list which was fukking GREAT

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
true it hasnt been a good year (super weak compared to last year) but i enjoyed all those movies more than this....the fact that deadpool isnt over it cuz the lead is white especially when the writing alone makes SS look trash by itself is just ridiculous...oh and i forgot to put queen of katwe on the list which was fukking GREAT
What was good about deadpool's writing?

Seriously deadpool as a film is generic as fukk. It wasn't some genius deconstruction of the comic genre. It was an hour and half of juvenile ryan Reynolds humour wrapped around a shytty villain and the most generic plot I've seen this year.

The only thing holding deadpool up is ryan Reynolds performance.

SS are very similar that way. They are both mediocre films helped by great performances.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The keyword is YOU enjoyed those movies more, not me. And none of those movies you listed are anywhere close to unarguably better than SS. And I fail to see what's ridiculous about garnering more enjoyment out of seeing a black lead save the day than a Cac. I, as a black male, get more enjoyment out of seeing another black male on the screen being the lead and saving the day. Deadpool wa good, but it was comic movie number 277859 of the white hero/anti-hero Saving the day. The movie itself wasn't original enough nor special enough to make it anything other just another good time at the movies.

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
The keyword is YOU enjoyed those movies more, not me. And none of those movies you listed are anywhere close to unarguably better than SS. And I fail to see what's ridiculous about garnering more enjoyment out of seeing a black lead save the day than a Cac. I, as a black male, get more enjoyment out of seeing another black male on the screen being the lead and saving the day. Deadpool wa good, but it was comic movie number 277859 of the white hero/anti-hero Saving the day. The movie itself wasn't original enough nor special enough to make it anything other just another good time at the movies.
yea, we'll just agree to disagree. As a black male too a black lead in a "superhero" flick isnt enough for me to enjoy something that was the most run of the mill of run of the mill comic book flicks. The writing for deadpool was far superior and wittier than any line in SS and i'd even take the villain over whatever the fukk enchantress was supposed to be. If a black lead (well a black male cuz clearly its not the same if its a black woman from wat i've seen) is all it takes to make a movie or show instantly enjoyable for u then its whatever more power to ya but i cant overlook jarring flaws just because of that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Movie was iight but so clichéd, wow the only guy thry didn't do a little bio about is the one who gets blown up.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
over $600 million WW later , a GOLD plaqued soundtrack and marfooL dummies STILL here trying to convince the mass the movie is trash ??? :heh:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO