tumblr_inline_oa14v88aG41rfezux_500.gif

I know it's probably the angle but still :noah:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
SUICIDE SQUAD: Will Smith On Why He Signed Up To Play Deadshot

As part of Entertainment Weekly's coverage of WB's third DCEU film, Suicide Squad, Will Smith discusses why he signed up to play Deadshot. At 47, Smith has already played a superhero (Hancock), so it wasn't to scratch that itch (yes, I know Deadshot isn't really a hero). The Grammy Award winning, Oscar-nominated Philly actor stated, "I had never played a character that legitimately didn’t give a f*&k. It’s very freeing not having to carry the moral spine of the movie."

However, Smith admitted that he had to turn to director David Ayer for help on developing his approach to playing the character. "I couldn’t find a model to understand what would make someone comfortable killing another person for money. David walked me through that. He found a book for me (The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas), and I worked through getting into the mind of serial killers. Once I accepted the [notion the author puts forth] that it feels good, that really exploded the idea in my mind of Deadshot."

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

As part of Entertainment Weekly's coverage of WB's third DCEU film, Suicide Squad, Will Smith discusses why he signed up to play Deadshot. At 47, Smith has already played a superhero (Hancock), so it wasn't to scratch that itch (yes, I know Deadshot isn't really a hero). The Grammy Award winning, Oscar-nominated Philly actor stated, "I had never played a character that legitimately didn’t give a f*&k. It’s very freeing not having to carry the moral spine of the movie."

However, Smith admitted that he had to turn to director David Ayer for help on developing his approach to playing the character. "I couldn’t find a model to understand what would make someone comfortable killing another person for money. David walked me through that. He found a book for me (The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas), and I worked through getting into the mind of serial killers. Once I accepted the [notion the author puts forth] that it feels good, that really exploded the idea in my mind of Deadshot."
:ehh:Big Will flexing his evil side finally
:hamster:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:ehh:Big Will flexing his evil side finally
:hamster:

I'm sorry but I gotta hit Will with the :stopitslime:

Dude had them rewrite "Hancock" like 10x and completely change the tone of the movie because he wasn't comfortable with the content. He could've played a dark super hero in that movie but fukked up the script.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Dude had them rewrite "Hancock" like 10x and completely change the tone of the movie because he wasn't comfortable with the content. He could've played a dark super hero in that movie but fukked up the script.

Fred.
He's playing Deadshot now. Deadshot isn't a hero in anyway shape or form. We'll see :patrice:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Fred.

Will's star power is at a low right now so he can't afford to turn down roles like he use to. I think he's shooting an indie film right now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's playing Deadshot now. Deadshot isn't a hero in anyway shape or form.

Neither was Hancock in the original script. Dude was in jail because he came and killed a woman.

The original script was dark. It was by Vince Gilligan, the writer of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Neither was Hancock in the original script. Dude was in jail because he came and killed a woman.

The original script was dark. It was by Vince Gilligan, the writer of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.
Yea I was legit hyped to see that movie.

The first 40 mins or so were promising. But yea wayyyy too safe.

Movie could have been so much more.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Fred.

Sounds like the original version of Green Lantern except Hal killed his friends after drinking and driving