Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well I understand what they are saying though but if your paying a lot of money to go to cc something should be kept for those fans or they won't go and if you leak stuff then the studios won't show anything .
That won't stop people from going at all. They go for the experience of being there in person, the actual Con goers won't give a single fukk whether what they see is streamed to people or put online at a later date.
And the studios need to realize that this type of stuff is all good publicity and gets people talking about their projects.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
@Dr. Narcisse after watching batman arkham aslyum about 20 times I might be more excited for this than bat vs supe :lupe:. David Ayers is a fukking bad ass and a beast. This is gonna be a comic book version of training day if that makes sense :myman:. I interviewed David and Michael Pena for the movie "Fury" and Michael was saying how they were learning to box and David would beat everyone up, even his leading actors.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't suicide squad take place before BvS?

So could it be, maybe just maybe

Jason Todd is the person Joker is torturing in the trailer? Given that its being hinted Jason is already dead in BvS

Looks like its Harley Quinn. In the trailer you see her strapped in the gurney looking up with someone's hands on her face. Probably showing how her skin got pale, etc.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Dr. Narcisse after watching batman arkham aslyum about 20 times I might be more excited for this than bat vs supe :lupe:. David Ayers is a fukking bad ass and a beast. This is gonna be a comic book version of training day if that makes sense :myman:. I interviewed David and Michael Pena for the movie "Fury" and Michael was saying how they were learning to box and David would beat everyone up, even his leading actors.

Ayer loves to write complex characters and make them truly seem like real people. I expect that to reach be up a notch sense its dealing with villains. This post on SHH really sums up the characters.

The trailer really embraces that tag line "Justice has a dark side." And it seems to be hammering home the argument that when this thing hits next year, DC will again prove that they can do super villains on an entirely separate level from Marvel (what do you expect when the Squad is loaded with Batmna villains?)

Though for the insanity thing....

I'm feeling certain that mental issues are going to be a major theme of the movie. Belle Reve looks like the type of dank, spartan, and deprived holding facility that would aggravate any mental health issues you might have before being incarcerated there.

Harley's dissonant serenity to her surroundings and almost innocent tone implies we're going to see just how disconnected from reality she really is. This is someone who's hopelessly lost in a horrible relationship and has kind of regressed a bit. Meanwhile, Joker is full on sadism and psychotic glee. Whereas she seems ignorant of her insanity and evil ("Huh?"), he revels in it.

Diablo and Croc both seem to be a different sort of monster from the clowns, what with the way they look a bit more blatantly monstrous. But we see Diablo toying with his powers and looking at himself in the mirror in a kind of evaluative way, and Croc seems to be glowering and trying to conceal himself a bit behind his hood. These guys may be the tragic monsters who've had to embrace their dark side to survive, Croc from his physical transformation and Diablo from his infernal powers.

Smith seems to be putting a bit of depression or apathy and weariness into the little bit of Deadshot we see here, which would fit Deadshot's traditional death wish. I'm thinking he'll be the film's protagonist, with his journey being the discovery that he actually enjoys life on the Squad, as horrifying as that concept may be.

Enchantress looks to me to be the most blatant exploration of the theme. When we see Moon under the Pentragram, she looks vulnerable and scared. She looks like a kid. When we see the Enchnatress later, and in the Poster, she looks much more malevolent, with a kind of vacant look in her eyes. I think the shots in the trailer are supposed to signify how she has to fight her dark side, and seems to be losing.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Jokers in jail in this and batman has been retired for years in bat vs supes, seems like suicide squad is before bats vs supes? I duno hopefully the two films have some connection or overlapped explained. We know Batman and Joker filmed together, my guess is batman catches joker before supe vs batman far as timeline.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
After that trailer I am more convinced this will be better than any other superhero movies except maybe dark knight.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Official version

xdP2qrQ.gif

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That won't stop people from going at all. They go for the experience of being there in person, the actual Con goers won't give a single fukk whether what they see is streamed to people or put online at a later date.
And the studios need to realize that this type of stuff is all good publicity and gets people talking about their projects.
Its not all good publicity though if the movie isn't finished . There is a reason why everything isn't shown . A fan seeing a random unfinished scene of a movie or trailer online or a scene out of context can do damage to the movie.