Suge Knight agrees to a 28 year Plea Deal for the murder case

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Suge didn’t go to trial and lose. He took 28 years. So why would he say he couldn’t do that when he the one that took the deal?

That’s a good question :ohhh:

Maybe suge’s lawyer was asking for leniency, reduced time etc etc..

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s... ridiculous. From any legal point of view that’s insane.

The video clearly shows him reacting because he is convinced his life is in danger. He’s trying to leave.

For the legal heads: how could he have a harsher sentence due to having a felony conviction. You can’t try a person for the same crime twice, what does the first offense have to do with the second? Or was it part of his sentencing in thr first case that he was on a sort of probation (until 2014.. 27 years from 1997? Nah makes no sense)

This sounds very odd. An extra 5 years for it being a serious violent offense.. yes he’s trying to prevent getting killed how does he do that gently? And 1 extra for his truck being a deadly weapon..?

Looks like his attorney was not able to communicate clearly that this was self defense.

He was charged with Manslaughter BUT they are adding almost ‘Murder in the 2nd degree” type offenses.
:dwillhuh:
This may be true but considering suge’s history, this sentencing may be him paying for all the shyt he’s done in the past

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That trial would have been a spectacle, and due to the indictments of his lawyers, the witness tampering, the circus and the delay, a plea deal was best for all parties. Even if he won the first trial, the DA's office would retry. They would have broken him and his last resources, that I don't even know if he has any now.

28 years means Suge spends most of the rest of his life in prison, I don't know the terms exactly, but at a minimum he'll do about 20, if he makes it, with his health, and the young gunners on the yard in Calpatria and Chuckawalla.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
That trial would have been a spectacle, and due to the indictments of his lawyers, the witness tampering, the circus and the delay, a plea deal was best for all parties. Even if he won the first trial, the DA's office would retry. They would have broken him and his last resources, that I don't even know if he has any now.

28 years means Suge spends most of the rest of his life in prison, I don't know the terms exactly, but at a minimum he'll do about 20, if he makes it, with his health, and the young gunners on the yard in Calpatria and Chuckawalla.

Do you think he’s gonna be in PC? I always thought this prolonged legal maneuvering would hurt him because it drained what money he had left. Money he may need to keep nikkas off his ass in prison.