Subscription gaming growth as flattened -Mat Piscatella

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Games suck, the ppl you playing with suck worse than the ppl you work with and you got to be a horrible cohesion of ppl to be worse than the half hearted game and the ignorance you work with

Square biz.

Lets keep it a buck. The gaming industry is no different from the wrestling business, the music industry, and even Hollywood. Its all mentally bankrupted. The reality is that the suits are still trying to understand the whole digital streaming landscape. In this case, trying to meet the demands of quantity, instead of engaging in patience and quality.

You see all of these developers getting shut down and laid off, because they can't keep up with the original vision due to the dire need of suits trying to push 200 shytty games with broke ass mechanics and glitches. One thing, I appreciate during the PS3/360/Wii era is the focus of innovation, patience, and a simple patch up. If the game is busted beyond control, touch shyts.

Now we call that shyt "early access" which is a scam in itself because a developer can put out garbage, make promises, add a beta patch, and suddenly 1.0 is there with just a period dot next to the logo. Yet, the game is still busted as all hell and lacking the polish but its 1.0, so that should MAKE A DIFFERENCE! :D

The gaming industry is being carried by everything gamers hated, including themselves:

• Greed
  • Outsiders
  • Influencers
  • Impatience
  • Lack of quality control
Its getting to the point where if it's not a game on the level of World of Warcraft, Rimworld, the Souls series/FromSoftGOAT, it's getting the pump and dump ala Xbox Game Pass because that's what the industry wants.... to get skeeted on and tricked out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's only so many people who own consoles, the subscription growth will eventually cap. This is common sense.

Just like how xbox live and PSN probably see reduced growth, everyone who was going to get it got it already, the only new subcribers will be new gamers.

This but also, gaming in general is just a far bigger time commitment and has an accessbility issue. A lot of people in one household cannot play video games or make use of having a buffet of random games every month for a huge set price.

Its a market that still speaks to such a niche able-bodied, time insensitive audience, that it’s ceiling is always going to far lower than music and video

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Real Gamers™: “ Ah mah gawd, this backlog, I’ll never play/finish all these games!!!!”

Also Real Gamers™: “i love gamepass it gives me 1000’s of games to try every month!”

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Subscriptions will only be viable once people can't afford to buy games. Specially if the prices keep Increasing every year.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean like dropping the price by €150 in Europe last month to sell 19% less consoles than Dec 2022?

Losing $350 per console to sell less :mjlol:
No! I mean like being the #1 seller of high end gaming consoles while simultaneously increasing the cost of producing said exclusive selling software and selling less of it in comparison to previous generations!

That's the road to success!:yes:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No! I mean like being the #1 seller of high end gaming consoles while simultaneously increasing the cost of producing said exclusive selling software and selling less of it in comparison to previous generations!

That's the road to success!:yes:

Yep, because in your head microsoft spending 100-300m in game development and marketing and seeing no return with gamepass isn’t forcing them to port the games to other consoles that are actually selling hardware and games.

Thats the road to success! :popcorn: