Subliminal Disses You Missed

Daps
Well that verse is 20 years old. People change within a year let alone 2 decades

Nah, lol. He ran around with Jaz-O an an Ansaar in Brooklyn at the height of Malachi York's fame.

(2:43)

Jay was trying to sound ignorant to "double his dollars". Spit some fake poignant street hustler shyt to sound introspective. It would have been literally impossible to be involved in hip-hop in Brooklyn during mid 80s to mid 90s and not have been influenced or knowledgeable about Islam and Islamic culture in some way or another.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nah, lol. He ran around with Jaz-O an an Ansaar in Brooklyn at the height of Malachi York's fame.

(2:43)

Jay was trying to sound ignorant to "double his dollars". Spit some fake poignant street hustler shyt to sound introspective. It would have been literally impossible to be involved in hip-hop in Brooklyn during mid 80s to mid 90s and not have been influenced or knowledgeable about Islam and Islamic culture in some way or another.

This is me big bro, you know I know all about that song and Jay’s history. My point is just people change over time, that’s why I don’t like when people use old bars of someone and then say they contradicted themselves. Humans change thoughts, views, perspective all the time.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I never knew Prodigy was dissing Keith Murray on the remix to I Shot Ya til many years later. I didn’t even know what he was saying since it was censored. I looked up the lyrics to see what they censored out and then found out it was because it was a shot at Keith.

The last verse of Dre Day dissing Cube. I always assumed it was solely at Luke.

Then we gon creep to South Central
On a Street Knowledge mission, as I steps in the temple
Spot him, got him, as I pulls out my strap
Got my chrome to the side of his White Sox hat
You tryin' to check my homey, you better check yo self
'Cause when you diss Dre you diss yourself, motherfukker

There’s several jabs at Cube on The Chronic. Dre Day, G Thing, Let Me Ride. I never caught on when I was a kid, even though I loved “Steady Mobbin” and had heard of Da Lench Mob. I just remember wondering why they kept talking about lynching.

Kurupt also disses Cube at the end of Puffin on Blunts Drinking on Tanqueray.

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I never knew Prodigy was dissing Keith Murray on the remix to I Shot Ya til many years later. I didn’t even know what he was saying since it was censored. I looked up the lyrics to see what they censored out and then found out it was because it was a shot at Keith.

There’s several jabs at Cube on The Chronic. Dre Day, G Thing, Let Me Ride. I never caught on when I was a kid, even though I loved “Steady Mobbin” and had heard of Da Lench Mob. I just remember wondering why they kept talking about lynching.

Kurupt also disses Cube at the end of Puffin on Blunts Drinking on Tanqueray.

And then Cube appears in the Let Me Ride video

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Jay on Thank You:

After the ruger shoots through a few clips (clipse?) You can lay in your casket just as you is (they had already announced Til the Casket Drops as their next album)

Don't think it's ever been confirmed but what Jay subs ever have

That was a diss towards Drake

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
That song came out way before the ghost writing allegations. Like 4 or 5 years before
You right that wasn't about Drake. But he wasn't dissing Jay either

. I actually wrote my verse [around the time] “D.O.A.” dropped. I just feel like there are a lot of new artists in the game that still have to prove themselves. You hear so much talk about who’s next and who’s up next and who’s the man and so on and so forth. In all fairness, I feel like Jay-Z is still relevant. He’s still the rapper. He’s the crown-holder right now. But, you know, he cosigns plenty of artists all the time, so I just wanted to tell him not to pass the crown too soon because we don’t know enough about these artists yet. We need to do checks on them first and see what they’re all about. Obviously, ghostwriting is a very big thing going on, too. So we gotta see who the man is behind all of these joints if that’s what’s going on.

Pusha T Explains His "Jay-Z" Line On "Ill'in" (Trap Or Die II)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I remember Kay Slay show when he was talking about how people gassed Busta to believe that Jay Z was shytting on him by saying

"..and no I'm not animated like Busta Rhymes/"

He actually said street dudes don't know what animated means....they think you're getting at Busta"

I'm sure there are some Busta subs. aimed at Jay Z because I remember him semi-shytting on the ROC in interviews back then

The street dudes don't know what animated means line reminds me of one of my favorite scenes/lines from the BEEF dvd......"people from the hood don't read articles"
Treach was talking about vibe magazine putting "east vs west" on the cover of the magazine. He said "oh, east vs west?...it's on when we see them .....the cover says east versus west.....the article might have said something else but people from the hood don't read articles"

I use that line all the time...especially since Trump got elected.....some white dude repeats some nonsense that Trump is lying about?."People from the trailer park, don't read articles!" "people from the barrio"It's aone size fits all line
hahahhahaah

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
oh yeah Pac seeming to sneak diss New York on "California Love"

In Cali where we riot, not rally (to live or die)
and in L.A. we wear Chucks, not Ballys (yeah that's right)

==========
implying NY is soft and Cali riots after police brutality cases, instead of marching

people didn't wear Bally sneakers since the 1980s out in this area but he's clearly alluding to NY

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I had no idea Cypress Hill was dissing Kid Frost and Chubb Rock on “Insane in the Brain” until I read some article and they talked about it.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
oh yeah Pac seeming to sneak diss New York on "California Love"

In Cali where we riot, not rally (to live or die)
and in L.A. we wear Chucks, not Ballys (yeah that's right)

==========
implying NY is soft and Cali riots after police brutality cases, instead of marching

people didn't wear Bally sneakers since the 1980s out in this area but he's clearly alluding to NY

Still stands today. NYers let Latinoy call them nikkas with no repercussion.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Still stands today. NYers let Latinoy call them nikkas with no repercussion.
uh, I'm not sure you've ever heard an interview Tupac did with hot 97 radio personality Angie Martinez. Because of politics, they didn't air it until AFTER he died.
Everybody over a certain age from this area remembers the interview, and they also remember Tupac saying the main thing he missed about New York was "Puerto Ricans". So it seems you and Pac were in disagreement about that part.