Study: Drivers are 46% more likely to get into accidents on Dallas roads than the rest of the U.S.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you widen the entire length of a place it helps. For example where I stay it used to be 2 lanes for about 45 miles into Oklahoma...now it's about 80% 3 lanes...and they extended a toolway down about an additional 25 miles...so that is really 4 lanes for 60% of drive if you want to pay extra...

Bike lanes out to rural neighborhoods is a no go in DFW...aint nobody going to be riding a bike where during the summer it's 92 degrees by 9:30 am and in the winter it might never get over 28...DFW has some of the worst weather cycles in the US to...last i checked the average car battery life span is 2 years shorter in Dallas than anywhere else because of how extreme the temperature differences are in the seasons...

We have rails but nobody uses it...or really any public transportation...cause people here prefer to come and go as they please...their is actually a dart rail line close to where i live and i took it for like two weeks just to try it...killed me having to be on someone else time for transportation instead of hopping in my own car...most people i know around here feel the same...i can't be out here hungry at 7 but i got to wait until 7:45 for the bus or some shyt...nah i need to hop in my car and drive to whataburger at 7:01...

The funny thing is...even people who come from places with a lot of public transportation...like New York...eventually stop using it when they move to Dallas and start driving themselves...

Yep all of this. You have to have wider lanes. Folks in dallas ain't gonna use public transportation. Plus down here many families got 3, 4, 5 and up cars sometimes. It ain't like up north where everyone uses public transportation.

shyt I am from chicago and know people who have never had a car in their life because all they have rode was public transportation.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
If you widen the entire length of a place it helps. For example where I stay it used to be 2 lanes for about 45 miles into Oklahoma...now it's about 80% 3 lanes...and they extended a toolway down about an additional 25 miles...so that is really 4 lanes for 60% of drive if you want to pay extra...

Bike lanes out to rural neighborhoods is a no go in DFW...aint nobody going to be riding a bike where during the summer it's 92 degrees by 9:30 am and in the winter it might never get over 28...DFW has some of the worst weather cycles in the US to...last i checked the average car battery life span is 2 years shorter in Dallas than anywhere else because of how extreme the temperature differences are in the seasons...

We have rails but nobody uses it...or really any public transportation...cause people here prefer to come and go as they please...their is actually a dart rail line close to where i live and i took it for like two weeks just to try it...killed me having to be on someone else time for transportation instead of hopping in my own car...most people i know around here feel the same...i can't be out here hungry at 7 but i got to wait until 7:45 for the bus or some shyt...nah i need to hop in my car and drive to whataburger at 7:01...

The funny thing is...even people who come from places with a lot of public transportation...like New York...eventually stop using it when they move to Dallas and start driving themselves...

LA has tried widening roads already and still have some of the worst traffic in the nation. Widening roads just encourages more driving which puts more cars on the road.

Bike lanes are for the city not rural areas but if you live in the city and live 30 minutes to an hour away from the midtown you can bike.

If people don’t want to use the rails then that’s on them. They have an issue with traffic but don’t want to make their lives easier by using a rail line which never ever gets stuck in traffic.

NYC has horrible traffic but luckily I’m barely in that mess because of trains and Bus Rapid Transit.

As a youngster I use to hate Transit but as traffic gets worse and worse my car remains parked much more.

People here will bytch about a 5-10 minute delay on the subway as if a 30 minute to an hour delay on the highway is any better

:stopitslime:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yep all of this. You have to have wider lanes. Folks in dallas ain't gonna use public transportation. Plus down here many families got 3, 4, 5 and up cars sometimes. It ain't like up north where everyone uses public transportation.

shyt I am from chicago and know people who have never had a car in their life because all they have road was public transportation.

Widening lanes encourages more cars to use highways. This is proven science by transportation planners.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2017/06...-more-traffic-why-are-dots-still-ignoring-it/

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

shyt I am from chicago and know people who have never had a car in their life because all they have road was public transportation.

Man don't even get me started on the first time i ever went to new york to kick it with my cousin and this nikka started explaining all the trains and shyt to me like "if we get split up take this train to this train" and i was like "or you could just drive" and he was like "i don't have a car"...shyt had me like :baldhuh:...i told him you might as well drive me back to the airport now i aint about to be out here playing musical chairs with some fukking subways...

Went to visit a friend when he moved to DC and like...i know about cabs but he was explaining to me how we got to take cabs everywhere and i was like :baldhuh:...and shyt was mad aggressive...EVERY night we left the club we damn near got in a fight over a cab...you would call a cab and nikkas would just straight up jump in front of you and yell "go go!" and the cab would just burn out :baldhuh:...

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man don't even get me started on the first time i ever went to new york to kick it with my cousin and this nikka started explaining all the trains and shyt to me like "if we get split up take this train to this train" and i was like "or you could just drive" and he was like "i don't have a car"...shyt had me like :baldhuh:...i told him you might as well drive me back to the airport now i aint about to be out here playing musical chairs with some fukking subways...

Went to visit a friend when he moved to DC and like...i know about cabs but he was explaining to me how we got to take cabs everywhere and i was like :baldhuh:...and shyt was mad aggressive...EVERY night we left the club we damn near got in a fight over a cab...you would call a cab and nikkas would just straight up jump in front of you and yell "go go!" and the cab would just burn out :baldhuh:...

So you rather sit in stand still NYC traffic?

:mjlol:

I was in Harlem the other day and it took me 2 hours to drive to Brooklyn. A 12 mile ride

:hhh:

Playing musical chairs with the subway would have probably gotten you to your destination faster

:yeshrug:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Not really. There’s a science to why traffic happens.

Dallas is a driver city. There are probably more cars than highway roads in that metro area so the congestion alone causes traffic and add one stupid driver and there goes your traffic jam.

Also in America there seems to be this idiotic solution that making highwayers wider eases up traffic.

Nope! Adding more lanes to a highway actually causes worse traffic!

If you don't get the fukk away from me try 'explain' and 'teach' shyt :hhh:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
as someone who lives in a mid sized metro I have no idea how y'all in big ass cities do it with that traffic :picard::picard:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Don’t say dumb shyt like a retard and you won’t get “taught”.

:ehh:

Dummy!
635 is over 60 years old and JUST finished renovations-- with toll roads :flabbynsick:
I-35 is over 50 years old and they're STILL working on it right now :martin:

Them bytches have accidents everyday. In college I had to write an essay relating the 'Tragedy of The Commons' and I picked Dallas' traffic and it's neglect of building a robust public transportation system. The rail lines we DO have just fan further and further out into the suburbs, cuz they sold out to toll roads and the oil industry. How does it feel? You didn't ask for this shyt did you? :hhh:

I_Q

All Star
Daps
A lot of these posts sound like Jacksonville driving. Seems like most these drivers snort a bowl of cocaine before they get behind the wheel. I knew it was bad when people I knew from LA was complaining about the driving here

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mentioned before when I was in Dallas I never saw trucks drive as fast as I did when I was on the highway. I was going like 70mpj and big trucks were blowing right by me no lie.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
There's too much traffic. Most times you can't go fast enough to hurt something
You must not drive I-10 west into Katy or I-10 East back into Houston..
Also 1093, 1464, or 99 grand Parkway:skip:
And I guess you never drive 59/69N into that 610 exchange:skip:
Or..
Never been on HWY 6:skip:
shyt..
Just driving on Richmond or Westheimer on the weekends..
Will get you fukked up outchea:skip: