Study: Drivers are 46% more likely to get into accidents on Dallas roads than the rest of the U.S.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Dallas has horribly designed and outdated infrastructure. I'm surprised it's not worse honestly. The highways are a tangled and confusing mess. You have death merges on major highways. Some of the roads were obviously there long before the area developed and never updated. Loop 12 is pathetic in some parts.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
and don't let it RAIN :heh: You lookin at a 2hr+ commute to work that should only be 30mins

On the real, alot of the bad driving ppl in Dallas now are transplants, illegals.

Traffic is awful from 6am - 10am and from 2pm - 8pm If you need to travel around Dallas highways, do it outside of those time frames.

I will say Houston SEEMS worse to me. People in Houston run red lights like it's green. And they dart across 4 lanes all day down there.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dallas is the first place I've ever visited where I saw a car tipped over on it's side as I entered the expressway :wow: we made a vow to only do streets while in dallas

Grind -N- Bone

ᒪᕮGᕮᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᔕᑌᑭᕮᖇ TᕼᑌG
Daps
Reppin
Tᕼᗩ ᔕKᖇᕮᕮTᔕ
It wasn't in Dallas but the last time I got hit in the back on the interstate was becuase of some Mexicans. :hubie:
Yeah it's common here, one rear ended me last year and his excuse was that he "sneezed" so hard he accelerated lol
Fortunately he didn't dip and the damage was minimal however we still finessed him outta 1k

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I live in Dallas and almsot every accident is usually caused by a F1 -50 truck driving drunk Mexican or some Maria looking one way.
Even their paramedics are clumsy and are always hitting something.
Passed 2 wrecks yesterday morning both involving Nissans with hockey stick spoilers.
What a coincidence Mexicacs just happen to have been involved yet again :francis:

Asians and arabs are tame the next worst is prolly the tweaker ass Cac ladies always driving Cameros. They stay hitting curbs and cutting lanes.
I live out here and nah everybody here drive like shyt

People here have no logic when driving
shyt can't even be explained

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Yep dallas the worst drivers in the country. I been saying this shyt since I moved down here.

These clown will cross 4 lanes at once with no turn signal on the express way at the last minute so they won't miss theor exit. While damn near killing everyone on the road. Jokers love to tail gate and love to not use turn signals.

shyt like driving in a destruction derby.

I disagree I think most stats say Miami’s and as a person who has family all throughout Southern Florida I do think they have the worst and immigrants play a major role in it.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Good, we already full :ufdup:
Stay the fukk from round here :birdman:

Cuz somebody else had an accident :dwillhuh:

Not really. There’s a science to why traffic happens.

Dallas is a driver city. There are probably more cars than highway roads in that metro area so the congestion alone causes traffic and add one stupid driver and there goes your traffic jam.

Also in America there seems to be this idiotic solution that making highwayers wider eases up traffic.

Nope! Adding more lanes to a highway actually causes worse traffic!

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
On the one hand this seems like a bunch of bullshyt...

On the other hand...every time i drive people around out here who are not from here they ALWAYS comment how they have seen more wrecks in the dfw area in X days than they have seen where they live in X years...

You also have to take into account the insane population explosion in Dallas over the last 7 years and the yare JUST NOW starting to widen roads...

Also...DFW public transportation...something that they are just now trying to fix...is so trash people rarely use it...so while other really big cities have full subways...in DFW you are kind of forced to drive if you really want to get anywhere...

They also don't put any attempt in notifying you about construction...at one of the hospitals my wife work at they are supposed to notify the hospital of any type of construction they doing because it affects how / where they bring patients in...especially emergency patients...she said one wednesday they just closed off the whole road leading to the child care wing of the hospital and it was utter chaos cause you already had people on the road with no way to turn around...said they were supposed to fix some potholes...that was 2 months ago...shyt still closed now...

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
On the one hand this seems like a bunch of bullshyt...

On the other hand...every time i drive people around out here who are not from here they ALWAYS comment how they have seen more wrecks in the dfw area in X days than they have seen where they live in X years...

You also have to take into account the insane population explosion in Dallas over the last 7 years and the yare JUST NOW starting to widen roads...

Also...DFW public transportation...something that they are just now trying to fix...is so trash people rarely use it...so while other really big cities have full subways...in DFW you are kind of forced to drive if you really want to get anywhere...

They also don't put any attempt in notifying you about construction...at one of the hospitals my wife work at they are supposed to notify the hospital of any type of construction they doing because it affects how / where they bring patients in...especially emergency patients...she said one wednesday they just closed off the whole road leading to the child care wing of the hospital and it was utter chaos cause you already had people on the road with no way to turn around...said they were supposed to fix some potholes...that was 2 months ago...shyt still closed now...

Just now? Widening roads does not improve traffic. This have been proven by so many planners yet local governments still waste money and do it anyway. Lol.

The only solution to easing traffic is to provide more options of transit.

Bike lanes, bus lanes for buses, extra bus service to far reached neighborhoods like The Express buses in Ny, and build two types of rails/subway - 1 for the city and another that extends out to the burbs.

Results? More people out of cars which eases traffic and reduces traffic deaths.

Traffic will never be fixed but at least with options you can avoid it all together.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm literally terrified of my loved ones driving out here. Inconsiderate idiots on these roads

Breh its the dallas culture. Kats love and I mean love to speed here. Whether rain or ice they drive like its 90 degrees in the summer and a dry road.

I will never forget how when I first moved here there was black ice on the road. You literally had kats flying down the street doing 50 mph..:mindblown:

One dude goes up the ramp on the dallas toll hits a patch of black ice and goes airborn right in front on me. His F-150 flies up in the air and lands on its roof upside down...:damn:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I live in Dallas and almsot every accident is usually caused by a F1 -50 truck driving drunk Mexican or some Maria looking one way.
Even their paramedics are clumsy and are always hitting something.
Passed 2 wrecks yesterday morning both involving Nissans with hockey stick spoilers.
What a coincidence Mexicacs just happen to have been involved yet again :francis:

Asians and arabs are tame the next worst is prolly the tweaker ass Cac ladies always driving Cameros. They stay hitting curbs and cutting lanes.

All this. If you been in dallas you done seen a person basically destroy their car and someones car on 35 or 635. There is nothing to be stuck in traffic cause of an accident then finally the traffic ends and you see a body being loaded in a ambulance. And 1 or 2 cars totalled out.

Friday afternoons are the worse cause folks are excited to get off of work cause they got paid and going to happy hour or out to drink.

I have travelled to all the major cities in america and have never seen such horrible reckless driving in my life. I have travelled all over the world and only driving in india is as reckless and even then the folks in india rarely have accidents...:mindblown:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Just now? Widening roads does not improve traffic. This have been proven by so many planners yet local governments still waste money and do it anyway. Lol.

The only solution to fixing traffic is to provide more options of transit.

Bike lanes, bus lanes for buses, extra bus service to far reached neighborhoods like The Express buses in Ny, and build two types of rails/subway - 1 for the city and another that extends out to the burbs.

Results? More people out of cars which eases traffic and reduces traffic deaths.

If you widen the entire length of a place it helps. For example where I stay it used to be 2 lanes for about 45 miles into Oklahoma...now it's about 80% 3 lanes...and they extended a toolway down about an additional 25 miles...so that is really 4 lanes for 60% of drive if you want to pay extra...

Bike lanes out to rural neighborhoods is a no go in DFW...aint nobody going to be riding a bike where during the summer it's 92 degrees by 9:30 am and in the winter it might never get over 28...DFW has some of the worst weather cycles in the US to...last i checked the average car battery life span is 2 years shorter in Dallas than anywhere else because of how extreme the temperature differences are in the seasons...

We have rails but nobody uses it...or really any public transportation...cause people here prefer to come and go as they please...their is actually a dart rail line close to where i live and i took it for like two weeks just to try it...killed me having to be on someone else time for transportation instead of hopping in my own car...most people i know around here feel the same...i can't be out here hungry at 7 but i got to wait until 7:45 for the bus or some shyt...nah i need to hop in my car and drive to whataburger at 7:01...

The funny thing is...even people who come from places with a lot of public transportation...like New York...eventually stop using it when they move to Dallas and start driving themselves...