Study: Drivers are 46% more likely to get into accidents on Dallas roads than the rest of the U.S.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Study: Drivers are 46% more likely to get into accidents on Dallas roads than the rest of the U.S.

Study: Drivers are 46% more likely to get into accidents on Dallas roads than the rest of the U.S. | Autos | Dallas News

1561563411-NM_24Accident1.jpg

Staff Photographer
Filed under
at

It's not just you.

Drivers in Dallas really do get into more collisions than those in most other large cities in Texas and throughout the U.S., according to a new study from Allstate Insurance Co.

Allstate's best drivers report found Dallas falls in the bottom 15% of cities for safe-driving records, based on its analysis of 200 major cities. The analysis was based on auto claims data collected by the insurance company and published for the 15th year.

ADVERTISING
Dallas drivers experience a collision every seven years on average, meaning commuters here are about 46% more likely to get into a wreck than the average U.S. driver, the study found. The average U.S. driver experiences some sort of collision once every 10.5 years, according to Allstate's analysis.

Allstate insures about 1.5 million households in Texas, a spokesperson told The Dallas Morning News. Allstate's auto policies account for about 10% nationally.

Dallas narrowly avoided landing on Allstate's risky roads list — reserved for the 15 cities where drivers have to be most careful not to get into an accident. Garland and Irving were among North Texas cities that also ranked in the bottom 15%, trailing Dallas.

The Texas border city of Brownsville was found to be the safest in the U.S. for drivers, and Laredo and McAllen ranked in the top 10 as well.

Texas leads the nation in traffic deaths. At least one person has been killed on Texas roads every day for the past 19 years, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. It's a streak the state has been working to end. On average, 10 people are killed on Texas roadways each day.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
As AZ nikka I disagree highly twith this. We are the WOAT drivers:ufdup:

Drive through the west valley and where there's Mexicans and see what happens

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep dallas the worst drivers in the country. I been saying this shyt since I moved down here.

These clown will cross 4 lanes at once with no turn signal on the express way at the last minute so they won't miss their exit. While damn near killing everyone on the road. Jokers love to tail gate and love to not use turn signals.

shyt like driving in a destruction derby.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A death everyday for 19 years? Thats insane. I know Texas is big and highly populated but that stat seems fukking crazy.

I believe it. One job I had years ago when I first moved down here required me to communicate on the expressway everyday for 30 miles. I literally saw an accident a day. Man the stores I could tell you....lord have mercy.