Stuck between 12-14% body fat.....seems like i cant get lower...

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
So ive dropped from 21% body fat :flabbynsick: to around 12-14% :ehh: (estimated by calipers and three fold technique)it took me 3 months but it seems like i cant get lower (going on 4 months with this cut). Is this normal around this range? Is their like a plateu percentage to where it gets really hard to drop more? Im trying to achieve 8-10% body fat but it seems like im maintaining then losing. Right now im consuming 1900-2100 calories a day while working out 5 times a week and have an active job so i know my calories are in the right area for me to continue to lose fat.

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Keto diet with carb cycling on weekends

I would say keto is the way to go if you're serious. Other than that, could be a plateau? though it's hard to tell by your post how long you've been stuck there (a month maybe?)

Keto was my shyt though, eatin good, feelin good.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I would say keto is the way to go if you're serious. Other than that, could be a plateau? though it's hard to tell by your post how long you've been stuck there (a month maybe?)

Ehh not going keto route i need my carbs. I think its a plateau.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
intermittent fasting. Your body doesnt use fat as a source until you fast and use up your glycogen stores (last 24hrs, replenish easily)

warning, going 8-10 you will end up looking small

but the definition :banderas:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city

breh just do under 25 grams of carbs 5 days then the weekends, pig out! lol

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
First off congrats. Yes there is some sort of wall but the tough part is around 10% not 12-14%. (Bear in mind the lowest you can get to is around 4). The visceral fat, round the organs, goes pretty quickly, but the abdominal fat is a lot tougher mainly due to low blood circulation in that area and many alpha2 receptors which aren't activated by standard exercise and catacolamine release.

You would have to vary your exercise, or do exercise that causes more stress, or take supplements to activate the alpha2 receptors. Anyway you're not really at that stage yet.

I would do ketoish type diet and high reps light to medium weights to reduce muscle glycogen., some cardio if you care.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So ive dropped from 21% body fat :flabbynsick: to around 12-14% :ehh: (estimated by calipers and three fold technique)it took me 3 months but it seems like i cant get lower (going on 4 months with this cut). Is this normal around this range? Is their like a plateu percentage to where it gets really hard to drop more? Im trying to achieve 8-10% body fat but it seems like im maintaining then losing. Right now im consuming 1900-2100 calories a day while working out 5 times a week and have an active job so i know my calories are in the right area for me to continue to lose fat.
what was the cardio or routine you had going from 21 to 14

semtex

:)
Daps
Yes you can I'm doing it
That seems to vary a lot. That shyt drove me nuts but I didn't do a proper keto diet. Now I just have lots of carbs early in the day to fuel my evening workout. Then I back off them

• Dap
Reactions: Meh