Struggle beard gang get in here.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
gang checkin in, my beard genes are definitely struggle but I refuse to take supplements. My barber told me to quit lining the shyt up n just let it do its thing. So since January, i havent lined up my shyt really at all and while I may be looking crazy out here, my goatee is actually connecting for the first time in my life on the left side. Mind you I still look like a nut because my right hasn't connected yet, but it too has made more progress than I've ever seen in life.

shyt don't make sense to me either because it aint like I was shaving hair that wasn't there before, but for some reason just completely avoiding using clippers/razors anywhere near my mouth area has shown significant progress in my journey. Full disclosure, I have a GOAT jawline so I'm not even trying to grow a full beard, just need that full goatee. Brehs who actually want the Rozay may need to take supplements.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Don't mess with that crap. Find a good black barber, they'll always find a way to line up what beard you do have so it looks great. No enhancements either.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
1.) You need to be 1000% on point about about moisturizing and conditioning your facial hair throughout the whole process- once in the morning and once a couple hours before bed. Misting spray bottle water with water + Leave-in conditioner + any of the pethora of oils you find at a beauty supply store (Tea Tree or Black castor oil being the most popular)

2.) Brush your facial hair twice a day for 5 minutes- Stimulates blood flow and promotes hair growth. Every time you are moisturizing your face you need o be brushing, never brush a dry beard because it will cause breakage and have you just spinning your wheels with no progress. Only brush during or shortly after moisturizing. cant stress it enough. Starting out you need to use a soft bristle to avoid causing abrasions to the skin from all the brushing. Once the

3.) Only sleep on satin or silk pillow cases to eliminate hair breakage

4.) STOP getting frequent lineups, and allow your neck hair to grow. that's what creates the fullness of your beard or else you will have that see-through lookin beard. If you want to shape up your beard just to keep you patient with the process, only trim the far-far edge of your natural line, avoid trimming the darker parts as much as possible. Only enough to create that illusion or shape

5.) As your beard gets longer, stop using regular brushes and combs to tame it, and use detangling/Denman brushes instead. Prevents knots from forming especially the neck/jawline where the beard tend to roll up into little be-be knots. I've found that Beard Balm or regular ole Murray's pomade combined with using a detangling brush keeps the hair from coiling (as-much) by holding it in place but keeping it eay to comb or brush through.

71A5qXzQmjL._SL1500_.jpg

6.) Stay consistent with 1-5 and let time do the rest

CW_1991

Banned
Daps

There's tons of videos on YouTube of guys doing updates weekly with their growth results.

There's even a subreddit with it with people showing their progress. Y'all can not do it if you want to but, it works.

Was going to post my personal results, but then thought better of it. Got to be careful with some of these posters on here.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I've learned to accept what i have and don't have. my joint is super patchy like keanu reeves but nappy. even though i would like a full beard i enjoy the clean shave look plus it seems like we are the minority now. even at office jobs men are rockin beards.

30's w/ hair line intact + nappy a$$ afro is a winning combo :ahh: :blessed:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
1.) You need to be 1000% on point about about moisturizing and conditioning your facial hair throughout the whole process- once in the morning and once a couple hours before bed. Misting spray bottle water with water + Leave-in conditioner + any of the pethora of oils you find at a beauty supply store (Tea Tree or Black castor oil being the most popular)

2.) Brush your facial hair twice a day for 5 minutes- Stimulates blood flow and promotes hair growth. Every time you are moisturizing your face you need o be brushing, never brush a dry beard because it will cause breakage and have you just spinning your wheels with no progress. Only brush during or shortly after moisturizing. cant stress it enough. Starting out you need to use a soft bristle to avoid causing abrasions to the skin from all the brushing. Once the

3.) Only sleep on satin or silk pillow cases to eliminate hair breakage

4.) STOP getting frequent lineups, and allow your neck hair to grow. that's what creates the fullness of your beard or else you will have that see-through lookin beard. If you want to shape up your beard just to keep you patient with the process, only trim the far-far edge of your natural line, avoid trimming the darker parts as much as possible. Only enough to create that illusion or shape

5.) As your beard gets longer, stop using regular brushes and combs to tame it, and use detangling/Denman brushes instead. Prevents knots from forming especially the neck/jawline where the beard tend to roll up into little be-be knots. I've found that Beard Balm or regular ole Murray's pomade combined with using a detangling brush keeps the hair from coiling (as-much) by holding it in place but keeping it eay to comb or brush through.

71A5qXzQmjL._SL1500_.jpg

6.) Stay consistent with 1-5 and let time do the rest
So basically turn into a damn woman for the beard? :what:

Do we put a bonnet on it too? :why:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Maybe a little dry skin here and there in the beginning for me. But that goes away after a while. Definitely no erectile dysfunction, heart problems, etc. That's all bull.
it's not bull because you didn't experience it. minoxidil was not developed for hair growth it's a side effect of a high blood pressure medicine and your dikk is a blood pump so it's not a mystery why there might be side effects there. the erectile dysfunction is more related to propecia (finasteride) not minox

really doesn't hurt to understand how the medicine you apply on to your body is working and what it is actually doing. being dismissive is dumb. at bare minimum anyone using it should know if they have any blood pressure issues. any decent doctor would advice you as such.

Last edited:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
it's not bull because you didn't experience it. minoxidil was not developed for hair growth it's a side effect of a blood pressure medicine and your dikk is a blood pump

really doesn't hurt to understand how the medicine you apply on to your body is working and what it is actually doing. being dismissive is dumb.

Fair enough. And I know what the ingredients was originally developed for.

Overwhelming majority of users don't experience serious side effects though.