String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no interest in the law or being a lawyer. The only reason I went to law school was that I worked in a warehouse, scored high on the law school admission test, and then got into an 'elite' school. I tried to get a 190k a year job but it failed because I didn't get good grades because I have never been a good student and have no interest in any of the material.

I have none of the skills necessary to be a good attorney. I'm not a good writer, orator or detail-oriented. I have never dreamed about being a lawyer or bragged about being a good one. nikkas need to find new material.

:dwillhuh:
How can all of this coexist?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
@Stringer Cochran you shouldn't have let your wife pressure you to be a lawyer because it would " sounded good " to her colleagues.

You should cuss her out later tonight.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I have a degree in an area that funnels into investment banking and finance and you dont get those type of jobs without a network or going to an elite school. I went to a state school and I'm a nikka.
Leverage your T14 jd and get into finance now. Start hitting up random nikkas on LinkedIn, reaching out to your school’s mba program and seeing how you can go about getting in on their oci. It will take some hustle but it can be done.

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
Did you finish Law School?
Did you pass the bar exam?

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
giphy.gif

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I worked in a warehouse working 60 hrs a week for 15/hr. I didnt have any other options
:gucci:

You talking to a nikka that been in them warehouses too. FedEx, Amazon, and UPS. :gucci:

Law School is a hell of a price to be going 10 toes down in.

A trade or trying to leverage your undergrad degree would have a better move.

Even something like Customs or TSA would have been a better move.

:gucci: