String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
No, he is actually telling the truth.

Most law school classes have 1 test for the entire year.

And that test...wait...

@String Bell sorry to test you...what makes law school finals different than regular classes? You should know this...

I'm pretty busy in law school.
I:
- Volunteer for my black law students society
- TA for two professors
- Mentor black 1Ls
- Study for classes whenever I have a spare chance/review notes

That takes up a lot of time in my week. Perhaps I'm atypical but if you have that much leisure time -
:leon:

Son needs to apply to a legal clinic or sumthin'

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I:
- TA for two professors
- Mentor black 1Ls

That takes up a lot of time in my week. Perhaps I'm atypical but if you have that much leisure time -

:russ:True, I can't lie about that at all. That being said, I did have hobbies that I still found some to dedicate significant time to.

It is crazy if the exclusive hobby that takes most of his time is the Coli, though.

Especially in that 1st year.

Sidenote: I realized that I replied to your original comment as if you didn't know about law school. My bad for that, I Kno it must have sounded condescending.:salute:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I:
- TA for two professors
- Mentor black 1Ls

I'm in a civil rights litigation clinic. I dont do any exatracirriculars or socialize. And I dont have class on Thursdays and fridays.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:russ:True, I can't lie about that at all. That being said, I did have hobbies that I still found some to dedicate significant time to.

It is crazy if the exclusive hobby that takes most of his time is the Coli, though.

I'm a 2L

:gucci:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Sidenote: I realized that I replied to your original comment as if you didn't know about law school. My bad for that, I Kno it must have sounded condescending.:salute:

You could not have known. It's all good. There's a law school thread in the 6 certs forum.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
cuzz of ur love hate relationship with tariq, its a bit mmmmm

GenerousThreadbareAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

but i dont hate u , thats a strong word

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

Literally entered the thread to say "we haven't forgotten what you did to our boy Wallace :sadcam: " lmao

The coli is like a wild animal, like a lion. one second its minding it's own business or even letting you get close, the next moment it's trying to tear you apart. Its irrational cause people are irrational :yeshrug:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'm in a civil rights litigation clinic. I dont do any exatracirriculars or socialize. And I dont have class on Thursdays and fridays.

:gucci::stopitslime:

Breh, what the fukk...

I remember posting in your previous thread when you expressed being worried about your grades that socializing & networking is literally the most important thing you can do regarding your legal career.

I went to Brooklyn Law School, which I am proud of and happy with my experience...but it was no YALE.

Everywhere I've worked I've met fellow attorneys who were top of their class and others who went to Yale/Harvard etc... And they weren't my superior.

Your charisma, your presence & your, as sad as it is, fukkability*, all contribute to success in networking.

I have a brehs who graduated years after me and his charisma is crazy. He's a solid attorney but he isn't Cochran and it was who he knew that got him a 150k plus associate position with relatively limited experience.

You NEED to get out and socialize. And by no means am I saying shuck and jive. I was myself all throughout law school and made very important connections that have been integral to my career.

Please listen to me.

No One Asks You What Your Law School grades were in the legal world.

When I say fukkability, I absolutely don't mean who you smash. I mean, your overall attractiveness can be an asset.