String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Wait how do the people hiring know you're not Jamaican or something or even half?

Serious question because I've always wondered
Every immigrant I’ve met always tells you that they’re not American in mid conversation without asking. It’s weird I bet they do it at interviews too

Typical Simp

Chivalry is alive!
Daps
Reppin
The friendzone
there are 3 black immigrants who I have better grades than that still managed get biglaw jobs making 190k .A Nigerian chick, Haitisn chick and puerto Rican and black dude. They had awful grades I'm taking C's. My lowest grade was a B-.

nikkas can fukk outta here talking about I'm butter this is facts.

Nowhere in your post do I see you say what you are doing to cherish and respect the women in your life.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key I appreciate how OP has been able to diagnose almost every societal ill through his experience in law school :obama:

Waiting on that post about how global warming has prevented him from getting a job while benefitting light skinned AAs :jbhmm:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Can you explain why they get the job over you?

You're both Black.. and plus they are foreigners probably with accents and English as their second language.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Every immigrant I’ve met always tells you that they’re not American in mid conversation without asking. It’s weird I bet they do it at interviews too

One of my best friends is from Ghana and he doesn’t even like it when ADOS call themselves American.

had to explain to him why they do.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
there are 3 black immigrants who I have better grades than that still managed get biglaw jobs making 190k .A Nigerian chick, Haitisn chick and puerto Rican and black dude. They had awful grades I'm taking C's. My lowest grade was a B-.

Spend less time posting for daps

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps

:mjcry:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

#elitelawschool
Puerto Ricans are immigrants now.
:dead:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Clearly. I'm asking did they show you their grades? How do you know their grades? I don't see any of those people admitting, especially the Nigerian, that they got 2.x GPA in law school.

of course I didnt see their actual transcript, I can only go by what they say. Also the firms they were hired by usually dip far below median at our school at oci.