Strikeforce HW Grand Prix Final: Josh Barnett vs Daniel Cormier 5/19/2012

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
After the Grand Prix I dont see why the remaining HWs are not just brought over. Overeem is with the UFC and so is Big Foot who Comier finished in 2 rounds(Slept):deadrose:. This time last year it was no question Strikeforce had the better HWs minus Cain and Junior

I say give him a number one contender match in the UFC after hes brought over

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Barnett and DC are going to the UFC

After the Grand Prix I dont see why the remaining HWs are not just brought over. Overeem is with the UFC and so is Big Foot who Comier finished in 2 rounds(Slept):deadrose:. This time last year it was no question Strikeforce had the better HWs minus Cain and Junior

I say give him a number one contender match in the UFC after hes brought over

Why would you bring Barnett over at this point, though? It's not that he's not good or anything, but the best UFC heavyweights are just like Cormier, except bigger and more experienced.

I like Barnett and all, but who can he really beat there at this point?

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
Why would you bring Barnett over at this point, though? It's not that he's not good or anything, but the best UFC heavyweights are just like Cormier, except bigger and more experienced.

Oh I get it... If you can't beat Cormier than you shouldn't be signed with the UFC...

Wonder how Big Foot made it? Even more shocking, how did Pat Barry and Rob Broughton make it on the roster?

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

Barnett is legit tho, he would beat most of the guys there outside of the very top (JDS, Cain) he'd be a solid gatekeeper/workhorse as long as he doesn't go pissing off athletic commissions again.

-P-

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Oh I get it... If you can't beat Cormier than you shouldn't be signed with the UFC...

Wonder how Big Foot made it? Even more shocking, how did Pat Barry and Rob Broughton make it on the roster?

No, I'm just saying that Barnett has a history of not doing well against those types, of which there are many in the UFC at this point...

Barnett is legit tho, he would beat most of the guys there outside of the very top (JDS, Cain) he'd be a solid gatekeeper/workhorse as long as he doesn't go pissing off athletic commissions again.

I know he's legit, I'm just speculating here. I would like to see him back in the UFC, I'm just unsure of how he would do once he got there with all of the power punchers and good wrestlers starting to populate the division a bit.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Like i said Big Foot is fighting The Ex champ after JUST losing his belt and Cormier FINISHED Silva. Minus Junior and Cain all the remaining strikeforce Heavies like Kharitonov, Barnett and Cormier could beat any of the top UFC heavies and i believe that. :yeshrug:

Look at what the strikeforce heavies who was brought over has done so far (Overeem, Werdum, lavar Johnson) they came in wrecking shyt.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Pause!

Who has he fought again?

Jus sayin'

He came in from Strikeforce on a 2 loss streak and has finished both Pat Barry and Joey Beltran whos never been KO'd. Now they are not world beaters by any means but those are 2 middle of the pack heavies who he finished. Now hes up to fight Struve on short notice he gets props for that.

Even tho i do see him getting subbed by struve.

profound

technique
Daps
Look at what the strikeforce heavies who was brought over has done so far (Overeem, Werdum, lavar Johnson) they came in wrecking shyt.

Griggs was stopped easily and Werdum was a UFC fighter first but overall your point stands. I'm interested to see how Del Rosario does next week.