Strikeforce HW Grand Prix Final: Josh Barnett vs Daniel Cormier 5/19/2012

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Damn, just how strong is Cormier?

More important question: Is DC really that good, or is this just a massive style mismatch?
If he wins I need to see him against an Elite striker next that's my only concern. Josh ain't know for his striking.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, just how strong is Cormier?

More important question: Is DC really that good, or is this just a massive style mismatch?

DC is very strong, this is a style mismatch though, he would be in trouble against JDS.

Singh

All Star
Daps
Black Fedor makin a statement in the first 4 rounds

lightin war-master up....
slammin josh....
headkickin dude...
sub escapes......

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
If he wins I need to see him against an Elite striker next that's my only concern. Josh ain't know for his striking.

Yeah. I'm not sure why, but when I was watching this, I just said to myself, "If the best Heavyweights of the UFC can't beat him, then they really aren't THAT good."

Hopefully, win or lose (unlikely), we'll see.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
DC gassed at the end but great performance nonetheless. Probably needs to work a bit more on his striking and subs, but I think he's a contender.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
This has been one of the best MMA shows of this year.

it was, and to be honest i really wasn't expecting it. but at the same time strikeforce always seem to have good cards, to bad there getting the step-child treatment from zuffa.

im just curious who's next for cormier, could they bring in someone like arlovski, or a sylvia.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
it was, and to be honest i really wasn't expecting it. but at the same time strikeforce always seem to have good cards, to bad there getting the step-child treatment from zuffa.

im just curious who's next for cormier, could they bring in someone like arlovski, or a sylvia.

Problem being both of those would be a step down from his last 2 wins, AA gets slept with his chin and Sylvia hasn't looked good in forever. Wish he could just hop over to the UFC.