Street Fighter V overthrows II to become best selling in the franchise

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No it’s not SFV has always been 1 SKU all those versions of SF2 or SF4 were multiple SKUs that didn’t interact with each version of the game.

Keep in mind SFV did that on one 2 consoles.
I understand that, I'm saying as a whole series sf2 and 4 outsold 5. The only difference is like you mentioned a sku. It just so happens street fighter 5, AE and champion edition are all under the same sku instead of being separated. Where as sf4, super, arcade and ultra are all different sku's but the same series.
So saying SF5 is the best selling SF game is just a technical because of how they handled sku's. It would be like saying avatar is the best selling movie of all time in the movie theater when you did a rerelease almost a decade later to surpass the movie that beat your record.
I mean technically sure it is but its simply because of how the numbers are being "manipulated"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Know what, you right. I stand corrected :wow:

MVC2 definitely held us down during the FGC dark ages. JWong's reign of terror, his rivalry with Sandford Kelly, this is the same game that gave us Yipes and Chris Matrix as well, and countless hyped matches and epic moments.
I don't even know if fighters survived like they did if not for mvc2.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What? Capcom always does this with their platinum sellers list, so why is it a problem all of a sudden?
I don't have any problems with it, I simply was saying the reason why they can say sf5 surpassed sf2 is because of how they counting sf5 and how they counted sf2.
It's basically fake news.
Then people got to reaching as to why I was saying anything.

Which is crazy but ok...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't have any problems with it, I simply was saying the reason why they can say sf5 surpassed sf2 is because of how they counting sf5 and how they counted sf2.
It's basically fake news.
Then people got to reaching as to why I was saying anything.

Which is crazy but ok...
It's a technicality, but it's not fake news.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It was a rough start but it def became one of my fav fighters.

SF6 really might be the goat cause they gonna take all they learned from sfv and make sure to not do that shyt again lol.