Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Only because of how they are released.

Sf4 and 2 overall and as a whole have sold a ton more

If sf4 wasn't super, ultra and arcade editions then it would be behind sf2
Hmm:jbhmm:...who should I believe. Capcom or some innanet hoe nikka? Decisions decisions.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I haven't been into gaming for years. But I remember when I got a ps5 for the kids a few years ago, street fighter 5 was shyt. Everything was locked behind a paywall or something.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm:jbhmm:...who should I believe. Capcom or some innanet hoe nikka? Decisions decisions.
:childplease:

It's simple math and numbers are out there, but if you take everything at face value then sure.:manny:

SF5 surpasses sf2 and 4 while only selling 6 million copies somehow, while sf2 has sold over 12 million copies and sf4 10...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Downplay everything because its an sony funded game. Dude said Arcades was still popular in Japan when sf4 came out and and there were so few cabs made because Arcades was on their way out the door.
:dead: the fact you associated this with Sony is nuts.

Sony ain't even pop in my head. Fact of the matter is the sf4 was popular, infact Japan got it mad early in these so called "few arcades", now the US arcade release was only like a few months after and that was few and far in between...but arcades were long dead here.

Arcades have been dying everywhere but they didn't really start dropping off hardcore in Japan until mid to late twenty teens. Funny enough I just read about another major one closing today

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
I can say this.

I wasn't a huge fan of SF4 when it first came out. I thought it was ugly and stupid. It ended up becoming one of my favorite fighting games the more I got into it.

When it comes to SFV, it looked way better than SF4 at first glance, and was easier to get into. Outside of that, I found myself not being as interested in watching it like I was when it comes to SF4. It just felt like something was missing.

Eventually I got more and more into the game and learned to take the bad with the good. Ranking up in the game was a lot of fun. The LP grind in ranked can make a nikka feel :blessed: or :mjcry:

SFV had a terrible start and slowly dug its way out of the hole. I'm glad Capcom were able to turn things around.

Hopefully with SF6, we won't have to worry about Capcom trying to redeem themselves. I'm confident that launch will be much better this time around.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:childplease:

It's simple math and numbers are out there, but if you take everything at face value then sure.:manny:

SF5 surpasses sf2 and 4 while only selling 6 million copies somehow, while sf2 has sold over 12 million copies and sf4 10...

No it’s not SFV has always been 1 SKU all those versions of SF2 or SF4 were multiple SKUs that didn’t interact with each version of the game.

Keep in mind SFV did that on one 2 consoles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No it’s not SFV has always been 1 SKU all those versions of SF2 or SF4 were multiple SKUs that didn’t interact with each version of the game.

Keep in mind SFV did that on one 2 consoles.

Yeah, at the end of the day you can’t really compare. SFV will be considered the best selling on that alone