Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Welp, came to kill chaos but he’s actually pretty fukking tough

They neeed to fix the frame pacing issues of this, i have a headache after this. Otherwise yeah, fun game

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
My most anticipated game for 2022 after playing this demo

I'm playing on resolution mode and haven't had any problems, combat feels great.

The music on my surround system is unbelievable you can hear the footsteps and raindrops behind you and music is fantastic
:ohlawd:

My only complaints are the visuals aren't great and the story might be trash but I'm having a blast playing all the final fantasy jobs in an action game

This is a DEEP dungeon crawler with skill trees and equipment possibilities are endless
Plus the multi-player going to really stretch this out.

I hope they make it hard to max out jobs that way when people play together you might have a dedicated thief to increase drops or a white mage to heal every one

Really hope people support this, origins has the foundations to be a great new franchise if it sells

Bout to drop 100s of hours on this when it drops :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My most anticipated game for 2022 after playing this demo

I'm playing on resolution mode and haven't had any problems, combat feels great.

The music on my surround system is unbelievable you can hear the footsteps and raindrops behind you and music is fantastic
:ohlawd:

My only complaints are the visuals aren't great and the story might be trash but I'm having a blast playing all the final fantasy jobs in an action game

This is a DEEP dungeon crawler with skill trees and equipment possibilities are endless
Plus the multi-player going to really stretch this out.

I hope they make it hard to max out jobs that way when people play together you might have a dedicated thief to increase drops or a white mage to heal every one

Really hope people support this, origins has the foundations to be a great new franchise if it sells

Bout to drop 100s of hours on this when it drops :banderas:

It’s fun as hell, 100% day 1 for me

I’m about to play more today. I kinda wish there weren’t difficulty levels though. It makes it less interesting to play with other people

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's you outchea getting merked?

you already know :mjcry:

its kind of hard to predict how damage works, I feel like it still needs some fine tuning. for example, sometimes i think im good with half a bar of health and he'll do one move that does like 50% damage to you and a bunch of other that feel more accurate.

so im thinking should I use my last health and be safe with 100% hp or save it for when im actually low on health. Look at how much damage he took away in the last hit, and unlike souls games you don't get I-frames after you take damage. He killed me when I was getting up.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i know this game became a meme and shyt but do people not realize this shyt is legit fun? It has the same mechanics and structure of Nioh except you have companions. They really improved on this a lot since the first demo and they still got 6+ months to improve.

I would have to say one of my biggest problems with Nioh was that the lore/world building wasn't really that new or unique. It was basically onimusha. Demons in feudal japan. This having the final fantasy world tied to it, as cheesy as the the writing is actually makes it far more interesting. Only thing I don't like is no character customization

i can't wait for the full game.

I feels good to kill Chaos tbh:ehh:
Nioh didn't have enough environmental variety. Reskinned stages and a low enemy variety count

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nioh didn't have enough environmental variety. Reskinned stages and a low enemy variety count

The 2nd game fixed a lot of that, but the story still isn’t very interesting. I was just happy they got rid of William. If a Strangers of Paradise 2 ever comes out I hope they do the same thing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin details Neon, Princess Sarah, battle actions, difficulty settings, more

Stranger-of-Paradise-Final-Fantasy-Origin_2021_10-05-21_010-320x180.jpg

Publisher Square Enix and developer Team Ninja have released new information and screenshots for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin introducing new characters Neon and Princess Sarah, battle actions, difficulty settings, multiplayer, and locations.

■ What is Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin?

With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts…

In this hardcore action RPG, Jack must hazard numerous gauntlets to bring the light of the crystals back to a kingdom conquered by darkness.

Fight your way through excruciating battles with a variety of means to pulverize your enemies. With multiple difficulty options and a wide selection of jobs and weapons available to customize your party, you can choose exactly how you want to play.

Will restoring the crystals’ light usher in peace or a new form of darkness?

…or perhaps something else entirely?

■ Characters

Jack (voiced by Mocean Melvin in English, Kenjiro Tsuda in Japanese)

“All I care about is seeing Chaos dead. I need to. It’s not a hope or a dream. It’s like a hunger. A thirst.”

Feels a strong sense of duty to defeat Chaos. With no hesitation to kill monsters that stand in his way, he pulverizes them with no mercy.

Ash (voiced by Mark Neely in English, Atsushi Miyauchi in Japanese)

“Better than good. Only Jack can fight like that.”

The rock of the team, supporting the members with his calm and collected nature. He recognizes Jack’s high combat abilities and puts his trust in him.

Jed (voiced by Alejandro Saab in English, Yusuke Suda in Japanese)

“It’s a mercy to forget. Those were your words, Jack.”

Has a kind and happy-go-lucky personality but is just as capable as Ash. Looks up to Jack and admires his powers.

Neon (voiced by Alejandra Reynoso in English, Kana Okazaki in Japanese)

“And I count four of us.”

Though the youngest, she has the same level of ability as her comrades to fight through severe battles. Insisting that Chaos doesn’t exist, there are times when she and Jack clash.

Princess Sarah (voiced by Cherami Leigh in English, Yume Miyamoto in Japanese)

“May the crystal’s blessing be with you always.

The crown princess of Cornelia. An amicable figure who is popular among the citizens of Cornelia, she also interacts with them incognito, such as when playing her lute.

■ Event Scenes

A girl named Neon joins Jack’s party. Are these four the warriors of light who will save Cornelia as the prophecy foretold..?

Neon’s crystal resonates with the ones Jack and the team hold. However, the crystals they possess are of a black color.

Princess Sarah asks for Jack’s last name, to which he introduces himself as Jack Garland.

Almost like a thirst, they only think about defeating Chaos as they continue to slay one monster after another.

■ Battle Scenes

Experience the Final Fantasy Series’ Most Challenging and Strategic Battles

A story painted by layers of challenging action gameplay. Use various abilities to crush your enemies!

Each boss has its own unique movements. Identifying the enemy’s swift moves and effectively utilizing soul shield and various abilities will carry you through deadly battles.

Various weapons such as greatswords, daggers, and spears determine a character’s job when equipped. Acquire new abilities and jobs through a character enhancement system called the Job Tree.

Choose among a variety of jobs to select two which you can switch between during battle. Using magic spells is also another effective strategy.
Prepare for battle by acquiring and equipping more powerful gear. Collect various weapons from treasure chests or by defeating enemies.

■ Game Systems

Difficulty Options

Players can choose a difficulty mode that matches their playstyle.

• Hard – A difficulty for players who are skilled at action games, providing thrilling battles.
  • Action – A difficulty for players who are accustomed to action games, providing moderately challenging battles.
  • Story – A difficulty for players who don’t usually play action games, allowing them to enjoy battles and the story. Make it even easier to play by turning on Casual mode.

Multiplayer Mode

Play in a group with a maximum of three players through online multiplayer mode! Play through the main story and side missions with your friends. In this mode, equipment and other items will drop for each player to loot individually.

■ Locations

In this game, players will explore various locales that exist in the world surrounding Cornelia. However, all of these locations seem foreign, with strange scenery and cultural atmospheres that don’t seem to fit into this world.

Chaos Shrine‘

It is said that a shrine did not originally exist at this location. Perhaps, at a certain point in time, in a distant future in which no one could intervene, an incident happened which triggered the creation of this shrine…

Refrin Wetlands

It is said that in this land exists a material which can cause distortion in the world. By artificially controlling the weather and adding distortion that originally didn’t exist through natural causes, it is said that darkness is created.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game is trash.

I know y’all wanna give square a chance, but this shyt is bad top to bottom. Graphics are shyt, writing is shyt, story is shyt, gameplay is just barely good enough to justify the games existence.

This is one of those games that’s so bad it will be considered good to a small cult following of gamers.

The rest of us will acknowledge it for the trash that it is :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is trash.

I know y’all wanna give square a chance, but this shyt is bad top to bottom. Graphics are shyt, writing is shyt, story is shyt, gameplay is just barely good enough to justify the games existence.

This is one of those games that’s so bad it will be considered good to a small cult following of gamers.

The rest of us will acknowledge it for the trash that it is :smh:

nope its fun. :umad: