"Stop paying full price for games!"

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I still don’t understand people that have huge backlogs

I only buy games when I’m ready to play them. So that means I get most games on sale

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Stop pre-ordering shyt.

I still don’t understand people that have huge backlogs

I only buy games when I’m ready to play them. So that means I get most games on sale

Sometimes nikkas get busy :yeshrug:

Steam sale comes thru twice a year and $20 later I done picked up a bunch of games i wanna play then never get around to it. :yeshrug:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Digital games don't be on sale like that, and living buy the sales logic you end up buying a game cause it was on sale and never end up playing it..

Sometimes I have more time than others to play so if I know I'm a have some down time and a game I want is about to drop I would pay full price.. but keeping up with the releases and pre ordering is trash and I hate that they be trying to hide good shyt behind pre orders, wwe2k I'm looking at you, that's trash

I will say that if you only play one game at a time and its not online then you can afford to wait for the game of the year edition at the end of the year with all the dlc for 50-60 bucks.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I imagine if the vast majority waited for discounts it would have a negative effect on the game industry like more studios closing, less sequels, more focus on games that are selling, etc.
Maybe independent studios would shine more :yeshrug:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I was told this topic is for broke nikkaz, and ps4 games taking longer to go on sale is because Sony stans buy exclusives no matter what (with like 2 exceptions)

Battlefield 1 been $9 for the complete edition, but that's different I know...

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I have a healthy, healthy backlog, and I have plenty of multiplayer games I thoroughly enjoy. I also have other hobbies I enjoy.

Now that Amazon's 20% pre-orders deal is done, I can confidently say I will never be getting a full priced single player game again.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, God of War, Batman Telltale Season 2, etc are all games I will adore playing. I'm just okay waiting for a few months to do so.

Multiplayer is different because competitively you wanna keep up with the meta, but single player? I'm straight. I don't frequent places that have spoilers so :manny:

The fukk I look like paying 60 dollars when it's gonna be the same, if not improved, experience 4 months later for less :rudy:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Between the gamestop connect on here and GreenmanGaning i haven't bought a game at full price since the 360 days. And i dont have GCU or Prime.

I remember GMG had Rise of the tomb raider for like 25$ or something cheap as hell on LAUNCH DAY.

How GMG work?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To each their own. For every person that wasted the extra $20 or so to get a game they really wanted when it came out, you here about people that feasted on sales, but end up talking about how their backlog is so deep that they'll never get time to play some of these games. Both ways sound like you could waste some money to me.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I don't think I paid full price for a game since last gen. I use to try and buy games at $40 during the PS3/360 era but once the PS4 gen started I said I'll wait BF sales or when I can get a heavy discount.

After next April I'm going to miss GCU b/c I'm not buying shyt at $60 or $80-90 I'll wait.