Stop in Philly, Order Cheesesteaks, and Eat Embiid Fast - Official New York Knicks/Philadelphia 76ers First Round Thread [UPDATE: 76ers = #Taped]

Who you got?

• Knicks in 4

• Knicks in 5

• Knicks in 6

• Knicks in 7

• 76ers in 4

• 76ers in 5

• 76ers in 6

• 76ers in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No you New York nikkas are just egomaniacs :mjlol:

Jersey nikkas are some of the most proudest of their state people you will meet

And anything good from here New York nikkas claim it for themselves, ironically Brunson is from Jersey too:skip:
And Rick played for Temple during that last great run, and also played for the Knicks, so...it's crazy how that is

It’s been the best playoff series in a minute. Physical defense, controversial officiating, unbelievable endings. Guys announcing their stardom loud in Brunson and Maxey.
It has the potential to be the best series this entire postseason...based on the rest of the possible matchups. But this is how playoffs series are supposed to feel.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
No you New York nikkas are just egomaniacs :mjlol:

Jersey nikkas are some of the most proudest of their state people you will meet

And anything good from here New York nikkas claim it for themselves, ironically Brunson is from Jersey too:skip:
says the Jersey nikka rooting for the Sixers, relax lol

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I woke up in cold sweats thinking about how the fundamentals of free throws have impacted the Knicks chances at success in the past few years.
OG, Hart and Brunson really upset the hell out of me.

Have to tighted up today.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I woke up in cold sweats thinking about how the fundamentals of free throws have impacted the Knicks chances at success in the past few years.
OG, Hart and Brunson really upset the hell out of me.

Have to tighted up today.

Fatigued, bro

But yes, you still have to push thru

It ends tonight

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
On Mitchell Robinson:

I do want to say that we shouldn't let Mitch Robinson's late game blunder distract from the fact that he played some great fukking man-to-man defense on Embiid.

Clearly Embiid was gassed but that a big part of that was the oppressive defense he played.

On Nurse's Game Plan:

If Nurse is as smart as many believe - Embiid needs to be the BAIT on most plays tonight. If Maxey doesn't take 20+ shots tonight, Nurse failed.

I definitely see Lowry profiting off of the expected collapse defense on Maxey with kick outs to a relatively wide open Lowry from 3.

If the Maxey effect affects the Knicks severely, Sixers role players need to be READY to pull triggers. The amount of open shots I see Philly having tonight scares me.

On My Confidence on My Knicks:

Luckily, I still believe we are solid on the boards tonight and that'll give us those additional opportunities.

Brunson needs to be provided with a valid second option today in either OG or Donte. Despite everything - IT IS A NECESSITY.

I REALLY would love for Hartenstein to take that mid range jumper he is almost ALWAYS granted by the sag off of Philly defenders preparing for the pick and roll actions of Brunson. He took one at the end of a shot clock and it looked EASY for him. It's fascinating that Thibs isn't seeing that. Maybe there is some flaw he notices in practice that I'm not smart/experienced enough to see. Hopefully, Thibs knows best.

My Prediction:

I still believe Knicks end the series tonight. 112-105.

I'd love y'all opinions as well Sixers fans, Knicks fans and neutral, alike.

We all have to admit....THIS IS WHAT THE fukk NBA PLAYOFFS IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Movie shyt, controversy, rivalry origin stories. Only think that would have made it perfect would be Randle and Embiid's health being 100. To be honest, though, I which Embiid was 99%, the Balls Palsy shyt is actually very interesting considering the way he's playing. It just adds to the story of this shyt. WOW.

Last edited: