Stop hiding behind our Ancestors

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
I always have a questions for topics like this. I’m legit curious.

1. Does he, or anyone who thinks like him, ever think about the natives that would be affected if millions of Black Americans were to leave this country and settle in some other natives country? I would feel bad if, a group that was already down and economically depressed, lost even more opportunity because now I need a job. Millions of new citizens will need jobs. If I were to leave, would I still be looked at as a black American? That could be good or bad, but the bad could possibly mean me being treated differently than someone who is a native than said country one migrates to.

2. Does me leaving my home country require me to assimilate to another culture in anyway?

3. I’ve seen posters on here from the continent, and people in real from the continent, question the blackness of certain Black Americans; in particular, those with light skin and those who are mixed Black American/white; Yvette Carnell for example. That’s a black woman, yet, Ive seem folks say due to her Euro %’s that she’s not. They have pretty much always been under the black umbrella here. So, are they no longer black if we were to leave? How does that all play out?

If my ancestors wanted to leave; I believe they would’ve left when given the opportunity. I more than likely will not leave the US; I don’t plan on it. All my family and ancestors are here. I couldn’t abandon that. I’m going to fight for better in my home country. If I were to go, before I even thought about it, my home government would need to pay me what is owed. This guy, if he hasn’t already left, can go. If he hasn’t left yet, I hope he’s making plans to go, because I honestly see people like him getting in the way when it comes to a reparations push.

Anyways, while I respect his right to his opinion, I don’t agree with the term hiding behind my ancestors. In fact; I don’t think we use or talk about our ancestors enough, as I think there’s a level of shame there due to the fact that they were enslaved.

people are so stupid that they can't understand how lineage supersedes melanin levels.

these are the same people who wanted us to take return trips "home" to Ghana, without acknowledging the fact that Ghana's economy is in a shambles.

these are the same people who wanted us to take a return trip to Ghana without acknowledging that the trip alone was 5k+, which most americans don't have, let alone black americans. the shyt was effectively a cash grab for an inflated Ghanan tourist industry. you had cats like boyce watkins and other idiots behind this, so it's not to be taken serious.

all of Phils conjecture is mired in personal opinion rather than facts or objective data so it's null anyway. again, he serves a much better purpose as a news regurgitater.

Phil also has moneys tied into these return home trips. personal investment. trying to shame us and force us to overlook our ancestors contributions is garbage. we can talk about moving to africa when we have the resources and military strength to defend our stakes in Africa. there was a sister murdered by Africans over a land deed. not to mention large portions of the infrastructure (FDIC backing) for example are nonexistent in Africa. these cats romanticize Africa as if it's not comprised of over 50+ countries and thousands of petty tribes.

the shaming thing is garbage. i see i'm gonna have to make a youtube and really start going at people.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
people are so stupid that they can't understand how lineage supersedes melanin levels.

these are the same people who wanted us to take return trips "home" to Ghana, without acknowledging the fact that Ghana's economy is in a shambles.

these are the same people who wanted us to take a return trip to Ghana without acknowledging that the trip alone was 5k+, which most americans don't have, let alone black americans. the shyt was effectively a cash grab for an inflated Ghanan tourist industry. you had cats like boyce watkins and other idiots behind this, so it's not to be taken serious.

all of Phils conjecture is mired in personal opinion rather than facts or objective data so it's null anyway. again, he serves a much better purpose as a news regurgitater.

Phil also has moneys tied into these return home trips. personal investment. trying to shame us and force us to overlook our ancestors contributions is garbage. we can talk about moving to africa when we have the resources and military strength to defend our stakes in Africa. there was a sister murdered by Africans over a land deed. not to mention large portions of the infrastructure (FDIC backing) for example are nonexistent in Africa. these cats romanticize Africa as if it's not comprised of over 50+ countries and thousands of petty tribes.

the shaming thing is garbage. i see i'm gonna have to make a youtube and really start going at people.
I realized lately that he is the talented tenth DuBois warned us about. He's not really on normal people's level anymore. You can see it in the way he pushes the return to work irregardless of lives lost. He’s reducing human lives to numbers just because his portfolio is 60% carnivalCruise lines. Breh sounds like a republican lately.

Even during this financial mess, he is encouraging black folk (who don't even have 6mos saving) to plan for 2023 by throwing their savings at an economy in tailspin.:snoop: It’s no wonder he didn’t mention the 5k cost of a trip to Ghana.:francis:

On some real sht and maybe even strategy, Ghana should’ve put aside 2% of its budget to financing a few hundred returns. They’d have the first mover advantage against the rest of Africa. The First Nation to properly welcome FBA/ADOS would benefit tremendously. But it must be a genuine effort, not a cash grab.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
America is our home and there sbould never be shame attached to that, just like the other descendants of slavery that built colombia, brazil, mexico, jamaica, haiti, and etc.

Only those true believeta of pan africa or those likr @SupremexKing said who have money interest seem to think different. They mainly paint and attack only black americans with this critique

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I realized lately that he is the talented tenth DuBois warned us about. He's not really on normal people's level anymore. You can see it in the way he pushes the return to work irregardless of lives lost. He’s reducing human lives to numbers just because his portfolio is 60% carnivalCruise lines. Breh sounds like a republican lately.

Even during this financial mess, he is encouraging black folk (who don't even have 6mos saving) to plan for 2023 by throwing their savings at an economy in tailspin.:snoop: It’s no wonder he didn’t mention the 5k cost of a trip to Ghana.:francis:

On some real sht and maybe even strategy, Ghana should’ve put aside 2% of its budget to financing a few hundred returns. They’d have the first mover advantage against the rest of Africa. The First Nation to properly welcome FBA/ADOS would benefit tremendously. But it must be a genuine effort, not a cash grab.
Du Bois didnt warn or the talented 10tg he championed their leadership overnthe race.

Booker T and Garvey were the ones attacking that notion and saying we as black people were capable without the whote trained intellectual class dictating to us.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA

it's also insulting, because why wouldn't you include citizenship in these "return trips"? land grants? something? we supposed to just pack up and move over there with no infrastructure?

also, DuBois created the idea of the black intellectual elite, or the talented tenth. I personally believe that his idea was for a black elite, informed by black ideals and political thought. however for whatever reason, he decided to work with the jew to destroy a grassroots movement (Garvey and the UNIA) out of his sense of envy and smug superiority.

also you see the talented tenth idea in use today, through the usage of the boule and other buffer class negroes (largely immigrants) who basically package white supremacist talking points to us in blackface.

also Yvette exposed Watkins for working with asians to basically sell "black business" packages. he's a charlatan. i'd never trust a man who speaks about building black wealth, who legitimately isn't wealthy himself, nor is he addressing the structural governmental policy that allowed for cacs and other groups to get rich off of us.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Du Bois didnt warn or the talented 10tg he championed their leadership overnthe race.

Booker T and Garvey were the ones attacking that notion and saying we as black people were capable without the whote trained intellectual class dictating to us.
personally i believe that we need a true intellectual elite to lead us, those like stokely/kwame, h rap brown, huey and others (bobby wright, frances cress, joy degruy, amos wilson, etc). actual genuine intellectuals who were capable of having conversations and disagreeing without emotion.

the black american mass at this point is not ready to think for self. at all. too many millions and billions have been put into building a culture of depravity instead of progress.

just think about how emotional many of us get when you bring up the seriousness of our predicament.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
personally i believe that we need a true intellectual elite to lead us, those like stokely/kwame, h rap brown, huey and others (bobby wright, frances cress, joy degruy, amos wilson, etc). actual genuine intellectuals who were capable of having conversations and disagreeing without emotion.

the black american mass at this point is not ready to think for self. at all. too many millions and billions have been put into building a culture of depravity instead of progress.

just think about how emotional many of us get when you bring up the seriousness of our predicament.
I disagree with you on boyce and the idea of a leading class

Principles ahould be the lead, never an elite. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, race diesnt change that, it also makes it easier for a people to be co-opted and led astray if their faith is in a political class leading them and not of fixed ideala and goals. Even later innlife when DuBois saw the error of his ways he walkee back and pretty much rejected his earlier want or need for a talented 10th, and saw the booker t methid was largely the better option.

I supprt Boyce, Claude Anderson, and Neely Fuller, TRM Howard, Frederick Douglas, and the Garvey sect of black empowerment. We need to build and nurture our own economic base, relaying on outsiders or a white suprrmacist govt is a dead end because they will only lead us to self destruction and after their own goals not our own. I could get more specific but that would be a total derail.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

also, DuBois created the idea of the black intellectual elite, or the talented tenth.

also you see the talented tenth idea in use today, through the usage of the boule and other buffer class negroes (largely immigrants) who basically package white supremacist talking points to us in blackface.

Thanks y’all, but I meant what I said about Du Bois. Have you read his newspaper, "The Crisis" or any of his essays?:usure:You gotta read all the 1st hand writings of our forbearers to get a full grasp of their identities.

In his later works, DuBois actually abandoned integration/NAACP and moved closer to Booker T and Garvey. (Read his collection of essays "BlackWater")

Similarly, in "Dusk of Dawn", he tosses out the talented 10th, citing that his group of professionals was non-nationalistic and didnt identify as Black1st. They thought they were above the race. :shaq2:

Du Bois lived damn near 100 years. You cant hold him to sht he wrote at 20. Thats like me judging you based on math homework you completed at age 9. Your final works should be the ones you are remembered by.

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I disagree with you on boyce and the idea of a leading class

Principles ahould be the lead, never an elite. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, race diesnt change that, it also makes it easier for a people to be co-opted and led astray if their faith is in a political class leading them and not of fixed ideala and goals. Even later innlife when DuBois saw the error of his ways he walkee back and pretty much rejected his earlier want or need for a talented 10th, and saw the booker t methid was largely the better option.

I supprt Boyce, Claude Anderson, and Neely Fuller, TRM Howard, Frederick Douglas, and the Garvey sect of black empowerment.

Could we compromise? Dr. Wilson loved the concept of breaking problems apart functionally. You gotta admit that the 10th were pretty useful.
The issue wasn't that the elites/professionals existed, but rather that they had freedom to betray/distance themselves from the rest if us. And I think it may lay in where they got their money.

@David_TheMan, I assume you're familiar with Claudes concept of buying politicians? With that free-form economy and centralized principles couldnt we make and PUNISH the elites ourselves? If their primary business was black folk they couldn't distance themselves even if they wanted too.

@SupremexKing, Huey and Kwame were rarities.:whew:Why not build them from scratch with that economic base? :jbhmm: Could even mass-produce them. :manny:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Could we compromise? Dr. Wilson loved the concept of breaking problems apart functionally. You gotta admit that the 10th were pretty useful.
The issue wasn't that the elites/professionals existed, but rather that they had freedom to betray/distance themselves from the rest if us. And I think it may lay in where they got their money.

@David_TheMan, I assume you're familiar with Claudes concept of buying politicians? With that free-form economy and centralized principles couldnt we make and PUNISH the elites ourselves? If their primary business was black folk they couldn't distance themselves even if they wanted too.

@SupremexKing, Huey and Kwame were rarities.:whew:Why not build them from scratch with that economic base? :jbhmm: Could even mass-produce them. :manny:
I think this is where i break with a lot of people because politically and economically im a libertarian on the anarcho-capitalist side.

So the notion of a oligarchy simply doesnt mesh with me vecause they always reaylt in a kleptocracy. Again in my opinion its better to have a unified goal and let individuals aeek the best way to reach it, but having a ruling class is the quickest way to being a slave to that class or being misled by that class.

I dont see the xoncept as practical or useful in a society built on individual freedom and rrspect if there is a good idea preaent it and let the people decide if they want to go with it.

I have no problem with buying and holding politicians accountable, tou dont need a ruling class to do so, so why not disregard it and simly vote or buy politicially directly from the people, not through a buffer class.

People who want to be with us will be with us and dependant on us for our exonomic power, we dont need a ruling buffer class to do that.

As for Huey, i think he was misguided, enitely the whe panther movement was coopted from the beginning.

I think the NoI had a far bettsr education plan, eapecially minus the religion. Sadly what they were trying to do was sabotaged by the government and their effectiveness lost.

Id take more malcolms and khalid muhhamods that huey newtons anyday in terms of vrothers with moral character, self discipline, and vision for whete we ahould be going. Thats just my opinion though.

Daps
A safe haven in Africa? Most Black Americans don’t even have the money to afford a ticket to any parts of Africa, let alone, the money to spend an extended period of time in a safe haven.

We’d be much better off with safe havens here in the US; which most do have. It’s your family, and that place everyone gathers to during family reunions. My safe haven is in NC. I have always been taught by my father that if shyt goes down, head to my grandma and grandpas house. That is where we all gather. There is no place in this world that is truly safe for us. So, you make do with what you got, and you build upon the building blocks that are already in place aka our ancestors.

If there is one critique I’d have with present day Black Americans, is that we have strayed further and further from family. We have safe havens.
:wow:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I always have a questions for topics like this. I’m legit curious.

1. Does he, or anyone who thinks like him, ever think about the natives that would be affected if millions of Black Americans were to leave this country and settle in some other natives country? I would feel bad if, a group that was already down and economically depressed, lost even more opportunity because now I need a job. Millions of new citizens will need jobs. If I were to leave, would I still be looked at as a black American? That could be good or bad, but the bad could possibly mean me being treated differently than someone who is a native than said country one migrates to.

This also concerns me and those Pan-African types never address this.

So if hundreds or thousands of ADOS or other Diasporans move to a particular African nation how that will impact the locals? We would essentially be coming in to live and enjoy a higher quality of life than the locals. That is not good for them especially if the outsiders are not creating jobs there or helping to improve the country.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
This also concerns me and those Pan-African types never address this.

So if hundreds or thousands of ADOS or other Diasporans move to a particular African nation how that will impact the locals? We would essentially be coming in to live and enjoy a higher quality of life than the locals. That is not good for them especially if the outsiders are not creating jobs there or helping to improve the country.
This isn’t thought about, because the ultimate plan doesn’t involve all of us or it involves us splitting up. Splitting up, and completely assimilating to whatever culture we decide to move into.

Im not with that. We talk about our ancestors; their plan involves us erasing all of our American culture. As for the locals, they don’t think about that either. Their plan would have the natives hating us, which in turn, would create chaos over there

qwer

Banned
Daps
I think the idea is to be the ones investing and building Africa instead of the whites and chinese. To turn African counties into a black Israel. And have a dual citizenship and what not and create jobs. Not to move there and be colonizers like Liberia